EPL 2022/23

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He won't get any fanfare right, but hear me out. THAT, was a proper midfielder. 

Cleverley was solid, just never got a look in at any team he played at. Was like an English Barry Ferguson.

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Cesc Fabregas has retired.  At his peak he was such a joy to watch

Shame for him his peak was 19 years old.

35 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Was like an English Barry Ferguson.

Awa' an dinna talk pish!

57 minutes ago, captainkev said:

I genuinely thought he'd already retired a couple of years ago. Fantastic player in his prime.

Yeah I had no idea he was still kicking about. I saw him irl for Chelsea about five years ago and he looked done even then. 

There has never been a retired player more destined to be managing a promotion-chasing Championship club in four or five years' time, and being touted as a possible future England manager, than Tom Cleverley. 

*Friday night on Sky, post-match, 2028/29 season as Cleverley takes his West Brom team to the summit of the Championship in late November, on a ten-game unbeaten run*

"Tom, you're making this management lark look very easy!"

"Hahaha, I can assure you it's not, Don!"

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Yeah I had no idea he was still kicking about. I saw him irl for Chelsea about five years ago and he looked done even then. 

He's perhaps in a similar mold to Rooney in the sense that he was ready to handle playing at a top level at a remarkably young age. Consequently he's faded earlier and a lot more drastically in the latter half of his career than most. Although he's likely taken a lot better care of himself than Rooney ever did throughout his career.

Always felt Fabregas just sort of understood how great a career he'd had by the time he hit his late 20s tbh.

By the time he was 27 he'd won the World Cup, Euros, EPL, La Liga, Club World Cup, all domestic trophies in England/Spain, and had played in a Champions League Final.

Fair fucks to him deciding to just enjoy his later years in Monaco then Como.

I've just seen Madueke - the lad Chelsea signed from PSV - is actually English. 

I think I'll have to lay off the abuse of him. I never realised his signing helped with their home quota. I just thought they'd signed some terrible Dutch youngster. :lol: