EPL 2022/23

Is it just me that thinks Harry Winks is an utterly useless footballer?   The few times I've seen him he seems out of place and that's usually in a league cup tie against a lower league side.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Is it just me that thinks Harry Winks is an utterly useless footballer?   The few times I've seen him he seems out of place and that's usually in a league cup tie against a lower league side.

He's one of an array of 'meh' talent that come through at Spurs. Every couple of seasons there's always a new CM who just sort of lingers.

15 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

He's one of an array of 'meh' talent that come through at Spurs. Every couple of seasons there's always a new CM who just sort of lingers.

The current one being Oliver Skipp.

11 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Who remembers waking up early on a Sunday to watch this? It just hit different. Des is/was such a legend (don't know if he's still alive - hope he is but RIP if not). 

Still on the go & 80 years old.

In 2013, Lynam endorsed the United Kingdom Independence Party, revealing that he voted for the party in local elections that year

One of your proper Barclaycard football men.

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I think nearly everyone thinks he's rubbish 

How long do we suppose Eddie Howe lasts at Newcastle. I mean, we all know he's a proper manager and hes been ever so good for the football club. When your avoiding relegation and consolidating in the Barclays you need a proper manager not some Johnny Foreigner who doesnt know the league. But when you want to win something and attract the world's best players with your well deserved mega warchest, you need a different kind of proper manager.....

I think he leaves next summer

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Absolute class from Newcastle. P&B day out? 

I'm up for it.

The match I mean, incase there's any Saudis reading this.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

How long do we suppose Eddie Howe lasts at Newcastle. I mean, we all know he's a proper manager and hes been ever so good for the football club. When your avoiding relegation and consolidating in the Barclays you need a proper manager not some Johnny Foreigner who doesnt know the league. But when you want to win something and attract the world's best players with your well deserved mega warchest, you need a different kind of proper manager.....

I think he leaves next summer

If ever a support deserved proper manager, it’s the Geordies. Lord knows they had it tough for far too long.

10 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

If ever a support deserved proper manager, it’s the Geordies. Lord knows they had it tough for far too long.

There must be a sliding scale going up the league table of how much Foreigner is acceptable.... The lower down you are, the more desperate you are for your manager to come from the failurest of managerial countries....

Work your way up towards winning something though, and that need for proper properness really seems to fade away

11 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Hes very good at passing, but literally pointless at everything else.

I suspect the Championship will eat him alive.