Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

A quick summary of the Alasson red card.    The opposition midfielder had a nibble then a kick, the two squared up to each other and Alasson put his hand up to the boys neck to push him back.  The opposition midfielder then fell to the ground with both hands on his face pretending he had been punched.   Great Oscar winning acting that convinced the ref a blow had been struck.   

Alasson should have known better in my opinion to have raised his hands anywhere above the nipples.     

Another example of poor discipline in the BU ranks. 

9 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A quick summary of the Alasson red card.    The opposition midfielder had a nibble then a kick, the two squared up to each other and Alasson put his hand up to the boys neck to push him back.  The opposition midfielder then fell to the ground with both hands on his face pretending he had been punched.   Great Oscar winning acting that convinced the ref a blow had been struck.   

Alasson should have known better in my opinion to have raised his hands anywhere above the nipples.     

Another example of poor discipline in the BU ranks. 

He will miss next week which is disappointing in the plus side Locke got 45 mins under his belt 

23 minutes ago, Number seven said:

I see that Bo’ness Athletic have re-signed Dylan Paterson on loan from Arbroath.
Would have been a good addition to United’s squad.

We don't need any more midfielders.  Centre half and another forward to replace Lennon Walker for Xmas please.

8 minutes ago, karate kid said:

Starting 11 next week?

If attitude isn't spot on from top to bottom expect a severe beating

Musa 

McCormack Todd Locke McCauley

Gemmell  Jones

Hamilton

Stevenson     Watt     Walker

3 minutes ago, karate kid said:

Starting 11 next week?

If attitude isn't spot on from top to bottom expect a severe beating

4-2-3-1 for me.   

1- Musa

2- McCormack

3- MacCauley

4- Todd

5- Locke

6-Gemmell (defensive mid)

7-Stevenson

8-Jacobs  (defensive mid)

9-Watt

10-Hamilton 

11-Walker

6 minutes ago, Number seven said:

The boy is better than any attacking midfielder at United at present.

By all accounts he went awol from Arbroath which is why they got rid of him. He seems to enjoy playing against stoneyburn and west Calder. Pretty sure if Walker, Jones, Hamilton etc went and played in that league they’d look just as good if not better 

33 minutes ago, NewtonBU said:

By all accounts he went awol from Arbroath which is why they got rid of him. He seems to enjoy playing against stoneyburn and west Calder. Pretty sure if Walker, Jones, Hamilton etc went and played in that league they’d look just as good if not better 

by all accounts you’re talking sh!te… oh and Walker did…

Edited by Sure & Stedfast

I have excluded Alassan Jones from my line up because if he was sent off today for "violent conduct" then he misses the Talbot game .     

I posted during the game he would miss the next 2 games and said it would be the Talbot and Gretna games but I was wrong.  He will miss the Talbot game and the "second game" will be the next game in this cup.

11 minutes ago, NewtonBU said:

I just think that a player deemed good enough to play in the Championship would do well in the lowland league.
The BUs are not playing well and the three you mention have been ok at best.

In my line up I have included Hamilton.      I would be equally happy with Kyle Johnston in the midfield.

In the Talbot game there should be no place for Ward, Grant, Miller and Smith in the starting line up.  They are not physically up to playing against Talbot.