There was a coo

5 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

Twiddles thumbs in nervous anticipation....

Massive decision for the club.

and I was hoping Gary would lead Civil Service Strollers into becoming Edinburgh's 5th League club...  :lol:

55 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Unfortunately I can’t make the CISS meeting tonight either in person or via Skype.

I don’t suppose the Skype can be recorded, to allow people to watch back who can’t make it?

Maybe a question for @silkybeath?

I will check with Ross to see what is possible..

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Unfortunately I can’t make the CISS meeting tonight either in person or via Skype.

I don’t suppose the Skype can be recorded, to allow people to watch back who can’t make it?

Maybe a question for @silkybeath?

Will be looking to record and share. 

Can’t say it’s the most exciting appointment but good luck to Dougie! 

a bit of an unknown in what to expect from him, could pay off but got the feeling we’ll get a season like the last 2. 

Lets see what he can do for us he knows half the team he knows the club we have had a few surprise manger over the years they turned out to be some of the better ones Danny Lennon etc

Was a surprise appointment but could be a positive one. A manager has to start somewhere.

He has experience of the Lowland League as Assistant at Kelty and playing this season. He will also have a good knowledge of the current squad. There is also the added bonus of him being able to play at stages throughout the season.

Hopefully recognise what is required as we do have talent in the current squad and with a few additions, we can improve again next season.

8 minutes ago, signalmen said:

Lets see what he can do for us he knows half the team he knows the club we have had a few surprise manger over the years they turned out to be some of the better ones Danny Lennon etc

Still remember some of the stick Mixu got when he arrived. Didn't last long though.

7 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Was a surprise appointment but could be a positive one. A manager has to start somewhere.

He has experience of the Lowland League as Assistant at Kelty and playing this season. He will also have a good knowledge of the current squad. There is also the added bonus of him being able to play at stages throughout the season.

Hopefully recognise what is required as we do have talent in the current squad and with a few additions, we can improve again next season.

This.

Realistically, who did we really expect to get? The one most of us probably wanted is doing a grand job at Civil Service and likely not atall interested, so this appointment is pretty pleasing.

Plenty positives as stated by SB above and an element of continuity with Dougie being involved half the season. He's also a cracking guy and pretty sure he'll have excellent relationships with folk from other clubs up the leagues which will hopefully help in the loan market. In all honesty, it's not like he's a rookie going into a Premiership job or similar, it's an excellent base to start off I'd say.

That all said, I really hope we don't rely on him playing too many minutes. 

Fairly chuffed at this.

All the best to Dougie could turn out to be a great appointment, can still put on the boots if necessary, has a lot of contacts I'm sure for players and did a wee stint as assistant at us for wee bit experience, excellent attitude and commitment to whoever he's been at , awe the best Dougie 

Now that we have appointed Dougie the real work starts. 

Delighted Dougie has joined. Recruitment ramps up as well as existing out of Contract and organising pre season etc.

New era at the club begins and the team need your support now more than ever.

New strips/new signings and new manager and staff. Look forward to it all.

P.s the strips are crackers 😉.

Mon the cowden.