🆕 Season opener.

@sailorcowden is joined by @NELLY 1to discuss:

🕴️ Dougie Hill coming in as manager

🔁 Ins/outs

🧍‍♂️Scott Southgate in as SLO

💷 Challenge Cup entry and CISS cheque

🤝 Friendlies

🙏 shares appreciated

Good listen as always @sailorcowden. Great news about Jim Moffat coming in as Goalkeeping coach and on the management staff. Getting a good feeling about the next season with the way that things are shaping up.

Edited by ronaldincoo

1 hour ago, ronaldincoo said:

Good listen as always @sailorcowden. Great news about Jim Moffat coming in as Goalkeeping coach and on the management staff. Getting a good feeling about the next season with the way that things are shaping up.

Not had the chance to listen yet, definitely a lot to talk about.

Quite a lot of going on with the appointment of the goalkeeping coach, sports therapist (will she be the trainer on match days?) and the supporters liaison.

I don’t know Scott, don’t suppose he is one of the regulars on here? If not, could do worse than getting himself on here, a good range of opinions usually expressed. 😉

52 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Quite a lot of going on with the appointment of the goalkeeping coach, sports therapist (will she be the trainer on match days?) and the supporters liaison.

I don’t know Scott, don’t suppose he is one of the regulars on here? If not, could do worse than getting himself on here, a good range of opinions usually expressed. 😉

He’s on here mate

16 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

He has some CV.

23 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Scott posts on here, not as much as he used to but he's still here.

First day back at pre season for our lads tonight, hope dougie whips them into shape. Im expecting a very hard to beat side. Solid defence no nonsense players get the ball up the park to the boys than can run with the ball. I feel we possibly need another striker in and of course a goalkeeper.

15 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

First day back at pre season for our lads tonight, hope dougie whips them into shape. Im expecting a very hard to beat side. Solid defence no nonsense players get the ball up the park to the boys than can run with the ball. I feel we possibly need another striker in and of course a goalkeeper.

I wondered if the appointment of Jim Moffat might bring in Jamie Cowan from Cupar Hearts, he's only 20 and was Scotland Amateur Select GK last year, quite a jump but one he will probably make at some point

17 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Should be able to get a decent keeper. Was impressed with several keepers last season.

Just an update as know its been a bit quieter which is not as normal as last couple seasons. Lot of hard work still on going.

You will see that Zac Butterworth has decided to re join caley braves so we wish him well. We tried really hard to get him to stay.

Hoping for 1 maybe 2 new loan signings towards end this week or early next.

Mon the coo

6 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

You will see that Zac Butterworth has decided to re join caley braves so we wish him well. We tried really hard to get him to stay.

I hadn’t seen that, quite sad really that he can’t get a chance a tier higher.

Seemed to be really friendly guy, so he’ll get a good chance to get to know the 12 Braves fans quite well that aren’t related or with the players.

I guess they are spending some of the money that the ‘owners’ have chipped in from around the world.

19 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I hadn’t seen that, quite sad really that he can’t get a chance a tier higher.

Seemed to be really friendly guy, so he’ll get a good chance to get to know the 12 Braves fans quite well that aren’t related or with the players.

I guess they are spending some of the money that the ‘owners’ have chipped in from around the world.

You sound upset, you needing a wee lie down? 🤣