There was a coo

28 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Was looking through one of last season’s programmes and while I have read of this famous encounter from 1972 on a number of occasions,  the last 3 lines of this paragraph just crease me up every time I read it;

A8016DD0-72F6-4AAD-BA91-F55FA0342ACA.jpeg

It is a classic, shows his passion.

13 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I’ve been to both in the past.

Workington is a good old school ground but the place is drab.

I passed Borough Park just before Xmas, those volunteers do a fantastic job keeping it together. I doubt its changed since Shankly,s days. The speedway was across the road at Derwent Park ( Rugby League ) 

2 hours ago, annan4eva said:

I passed Borough Park just before Xmas, those volunteers do a fantastic job keeping it together. I doubt its changed since Shankly,s days. The speedway was across the road at Derwent Park ( Rugby League ) 

Been a few times a pre season friendly with us in 2007 and an Easter Monday game with Lancaster City in 2018.

Last time I was down they had put new floodlights up.

Apart from the floodlights and taking the top of the stand of and putting seats in the enclosure it will be the same as the Football League days.

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Been a few times a pre season friendly with us in 2007 and an Easter Monday game with Lancaster City in 2018.

Last time I was down they had put new floodlights up.

Apart from the floodlights and taking the top of the stand of and putting seats in the enclosure it will be the same as the Football League days.

Anyway enjoy your trip to Dalbeattie if you go 

59 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

The older news archive pages on the club website are now back. 👍

I always find the archives interesting reading to look back on from time to time. Some archives can give food for thought regarding previous ideas and initiatives.

Interesting reading regarding previous communication's about new ground plans back in 2010 that we know didn't come to fruition due to various factors.

If game on tomorrow safe travels to everyone attending the game. A must win victory that will hopefully build some momentum.

30 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Journey causing me anxiety because never driven on most of these roads to Dalbeattie, let's hope we get a win to celebrate for the distance.

It’s straight forward enough looking i think, have been to Dumfries before, and looks like less than 15 miles from Dumfries along the A75, then a smaller road into Dalbeattie.

Still planning on going though feeling a little crap this evening, hope a good sleep will make me jump up enthusiastically in the morning 😀

A little less mileage for me than most, being in Edinburgh.

47 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

Journey causing me anxiety because never driven on most of these roads to Dalbeattie, let's hope we get a win to celebrate for the distance.

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

It’s straight forward enough looking i think, have been to Dumfries before, and looks like less than 15 miles from Dumfries along the A75, then a smaller road into Dalbeattie.

Yes head for Dumfries,there's a few roundabouts but you're avoiding the town centre then follow signs for Dalbeattie. 

A fine hospitable club. 

Enjoy yer day. 👍

15 minutes ago, monthecoo said:

It's an easy drive and usually the road is not busy. Only annoying if it is heavy rain, but I think it is meant to be light rain, if any, tomorrow on the way down. Meant to be windy down there though. There aren't any awkward junctions and as others have said only a few roundabouts and you just skirt the edge of the built up areas.

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

Cowden have tweeted that Dalbeattie are having a 9am pitch inspection as our team bus is due to leave at 10am.

Looks like the worst of the rain is maybe to be past by 9am, so hopefully not too much damage done. Fingers crossed.

Suppose it’s down to how good the drainage is!

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Suppose it’s down to how good the drainage is!

Hope it’s bloody decent as a midweek rescheduling whenever would suit no one.  That being said it looks like there are a few spare Saturdays over next couple of months, so that might be possible.

I wonder what the Dalbeattie team and management are thinking? Get back out there after a mauling and put it quickly behind them, or if they would rather be in the hoose tomorrow afternoon. 🤔

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Hope it’s bloody decent as a midweek rescheduling whenever would suit no one.  That being said it looks like there are a few spare Saturdays over next couple of months, so that might be possible.

I wonder what the Dalbeattie team and management are thinking? Get back out there after a mauling and put it quickly behind them, or if they would rather be in the hoose tomorrow afternoon. 🤔

The LL have dates set aside for postponed games in March so could still be a Saturday if off.

12 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Pitch waterlogged. Game off.

Bollocks, really wanted it to be today as daughter’s football matches haven’t restarted yet. No way have time to be able to get down to Dalbeattie on our ‘normal’ Saturday, enough of a rush to get to Cowdenbeath. Oh well, I wasn’t feeling the best anyway but still disappointed.

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

Bollocks, really wanted it to be today as daughter’s football matches haven’t restarted yet. No way have time to be able to get down to Dalbeattie on our ‘normal’ Saturday, enough of a rush to get to Cowdenbeath. Oh well, I wasn’t feeling the best anyway but still disappointed.

I had my doubts with the forecast.