There was a coo

2 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

Ooh aah Callaghan, say ooh aah Callaghan 

Incredible day, only 100 or so Miners at that, and sadly a good few of them are no longer with us. 

Aye there wasn’t much of us. It’s sometimes good being part of a small group when something special happens, similar to the day at Hamilton when we stayed up in 2013.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye there wasn’t much of us. It’s sometimes good being part of a small group when something special happens, similar to the day at Hamilton when we stayed up in 2013.

There’s no better feeling that being the minnow, severely outnumbered, and triumphing against the odds. 

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

That was a great day. Took the car through not hoping for much and how wrong was I. The sending off changed the game. Had only followed Cowdenbeath for a year prior to the Hamilton game.

These memories of the good times we should hold onto and hope for better times ahead.

Shoulder to the wheel is definitely required and the Stent nae Stent attitude.

Hopefully fans that have been disillusioned this return to the club as the more people that backs the club the more chance there is of a quicker return to the SPFL.

Any word on the new manager?

The CSS seems to be the favourite but any alternatives? 

Trying to think of managers that have experience at that level and have a relationship with the club. McKeown had a successful spell at Cumnock a few seasons ago and still active within the pyramid. Anyone else?

In Belushi's in Edinburgh. Few pubs to visit before the big match. Lowland League has it's advantages 🙂. Wonder if there Will be a big crowd today to see Spartans possibly win the league.

48 minutes ago, PELE said:

In Belushi's in Edinburgh. Few pubs to visit before the big match. Lowland League has it's advantages 🙂. Wonder if there Will be a big crowd today to see Spartans possibly win the league.

Will look out for the group staggering about the ground 🤣

Had the feel of an end of season game, which was strange considering what was at stake for Spartans. Maybe they felt they always had a bit in reserve.

Cowden knocked the ball around nicely at times, but as usual lacking the creativity to break teams down, and I don’t think their keeper had a save to make.

They didn’t create an awful lot either other than the goal and Danny had a fabulous save late in the game. I’m not sure if I saw much in Spartans to think they can come through 4 tough play off games to get in the SPFL.

A good number of Cowden fans in attendance as usual.

Oh well, season nearly over, I think we could all do with a short break.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Had the feel of an end of season game, which was strange considering what was at stake for Spartans. Maybe they felt they always had a bit in reserve.

Cowden knocked the ball around nicely at times, but as usual lacking the creativity to break teams down, and I don’t think their keeper had a save to make.

They didn’t create an awful lot either other than the goal and Danny had a fabulous save late in the game. I’m not sure if I saw much in Spartans to think they can come through 4 tough play off games to get in the SPFL.

Yeah. Based on that performance, if it is similar to how Spartans play most weeks, they won't trouble anyone in the play-offs.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Story of our season really just can't score goals really strange saying that in a season we won 5-0 and 6-0 away but shows how bad the bottom 2 are.

It was a poor game really and was going to be a 0-0 or 1-0 to either side sadly for us it was them. In a way i'm glad they won the league on their own merit instead of reading the melt downs if they got the play off spot finishing 2nd or 3rd.

Not sure how they will do in the play off their hard to beat and can grind results out which you need really.

Ah well one more league game to go in a miserable season and hopefully a new manager can reboot things next season.

29 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Story of our season really just can't score goals really strange saying that in a season we won 5-0 and 6-0 away but shows how bad the bottom 2 are.

It was a poor game really and was going to be a 0-0 or 1-0 to either side sadly for us it was them. In a way i'm glad they won the league on their own merit instead of reading the melt downs if they got the play off spot finishing 2nd or 3rd.

Not sure how they will do in the play off their hard to beat and can grind results out which you need really.

Ah well one more league game to go in a miserable season and hopefully a new manager can reboot things next season.

New manager certainly needs to reboot our creativity and goal scoring threat for next season. Without stating the obvious a solid foundation to build on if we keep our decent defensive record this season adding in more firepower and creativity up top we can hopefully be at the top end of the table next season.

Like many looking forward to the closure of this season and put this season behind us whilst looking positively ahead for next season and the future direction of our club 

Hope to hear who our new manager is soon and someone who can walk the walk and not just talk the talk and actually deliver results and have with them some credible experience 

4 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

New manager certainly needs to reboot our creativity and goal scoring threat for next season. Without stating the obvious a solid foundation to build on if we keep our decent defensive record this season adding in more firepower and creativity up top we can hopefully be at the top end of the table next season.

Like many looking forward to the closure of this season and put this season behind us whilst looking positively ahead for next season and the future direction of our club 

Hope to hear who our new manager is soon and someone who can walk the walk and not just talk the talk and actually deliver results and have with them some credible experience 

Hopefully the new manager is someone who knows the Lowland and East of Scotland scene need someone who knows how to operate in this league.