There was a coo

12 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Good to see the club communicating openly and honestly with the supporters. I always listen to podcasts when I’m going to bed and look forward to listening to this.

As a long term supporter I’ve become fairly jaded and disillusioned regarding the club over recent years. 
Hopefully with a new manager in place next season I will get renewed enthusiasm for the team and start attending games again. I’m not expecting miracles and would just like to see a competitive team on the park playing some decent football. 

It was very good talking to Colin and definitely a time to be excited about. Very excited to get into this new season and see who the board can rustle up as manager 

Very interesting article/message from the chairman on the club website about the meeting on 18 April to outline plans for a supporters trust, who will receive shares in the club on behalf of the members.

Looks like the long term plans would be for the supporters trust to have the majority shareholding in time, if certain targets are met.

Very interesting times, hope as many as possible can get along or join on zoom as I will be doing.

Feels like one step forward and two back at the minute.

Controlled much of the first half without creating a lot, but looked poor second half until we went 2-0 down, then woke up and could have nicked a draw.

Edited by Cowdenleith

If there was an advert for Jardine as manager, this was it. Completely nullified us across the pitch and took their chances when they came. Then when we pulled one back managed the last 5-10 minutes superbly. 

It was ugly but it was effective and that's why Civil Service sit where they are

Left at 2-0 and can’t see me coming back next season.

Two bald men fighting over a comb again today.  The entertainment is nil.

saw more fresh air swipes today than a golfer lining up a tee shot.

Felt for the old boy behind me been at pretty much every home game I have been to for the last xx years.  He is beyond the head shaking and saying how poor it is.

Just when I thought we'd turned the corner that happens. 

Played with a strong wind behind us first half and not one shot at goal even although we controlled the game.

I don't rate Watt at all, he doesn't get much help though. 

If we really are going for promotion next season we are going to need more than a couple of new players.

Very disappointed, thank goodness this season is almost over.

That today was absolutely honking 

Like many have said thank goodness we can put this dreadful season behind us and don't know a single Cowden fan who is enjoying their football right now which says it all.

Players player of the season in two weeks I certainly won't be happy clapping many of finishing 15th in the Lowland League. Dreadful season. Must make a significant improvement next season.

Jardine/Mbu for Cowden next season but can't see it.

Edited by Cowden316

41 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Played with a strong wind behind us first half and not one shot at goal even although we controlled the game.

If we really are going for promotion next season we are going to need more than a couple of new players.

Embarrassing mate the whole season has. 

15/19 with a parachute payment concerns me of what things will be like without one.

Edited by Cowden316

30 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

We have to be realistic. We have no real chance of promotion next season. Survival is all we can look forward to. We will have less money and the league will be stronger. We have had a few good results, but generally we are poor.

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

We have to be realistic. We have no real chance of promotion next season. Survival is all we can look forward to. We will have less money and the league will be stronger. We have had a few good results, but generally we are poor.

We can't continue with survival mode it's not sustainable or viable we need a strong short to long term vision/strategy backed up with strong leadership 

Just now, Cowden316 said:

We can't continue with survival mode it's not sustainable or viable we need a strong short to long term vision/strategy backed up with strong leadership 

We need money. Sad, but simple as that. Without new money coming in we are fading fast.

Some maybe harsh realities:

• You absolutely will not be challenging for the title next season, no matter how well-intentioned hopes are. This is a tough league and it only really gets won by sides who've built up towards it. Making it tougher is that there's always a couple of teams who do try throw more money than you'll be able to at it, and the promoted sides are generally strong. You're miles off having the stability, foundation and quality to give it a go at the moment.

• Even the mention of a 'big season' is a bit silly because of the above - and because you know your wage budget is going down next season. Focus should be on clearing out dross, getting value for money and building something long-term. Short-termism is a total waste and a very silly risk given your chances of success are so low. 

• Building on that point, Cowden attendances aren't exactly thriving. Making big promises is probably only likely to further piss off the hardcore that remain. I imagine most would prefer realism and a clear plan than being fed delusion to try create excitement which leads to inevitable disappointment. I don't know if it's just part of the plan to try drive extra short-term revenue, but you'll be at worse than square one in 12 months if you waste any remaining goodwill.

• Credit for looking for ways forward and to bolster income, but Supporters Trusts and supporter shareholding is often much more romantic than it is practical. I don't see how it solves the major problems for Cowden and think it will most likely actually create a few new ones. Outside looking in it feels a bit like spreading accountability when knowing tougher times are on the near horizon but maybe that's cynical. 

• I have no idea about Colin Jack nor if he'd be a good candidate, but on paper an uninspiring 1 goal defeat to a side who are positioned just below a team who pumped you 4-0 three weeks back feels a slight overreaction, particularly when after the 4-0 pumping there were claims on here that there was nothing between the sides. It was probably shite to watch, but remember he's still working with the same squad of total jobbers and from a scoreline perspective, at least yous were 'in it'. 

11 hours ago, PELE said:

We need money. Sad, but simple as that. Without new money coming in we are fading fast.

Agree but is continued new initiatives under a different name the answer on reflection ie roofall/lottery/100 club/bonus ball now a supporters trust. Great Idea in principle i.e similar to other fan ownership based  models as long as it doesn't risk other fundraising streams.

Hopefully a good turnout at the meeting in a couple of weeks with some solutions/ideas offered from people in attendance 

I seen the new Cowdenbeath Community Trust complaining that their bid for funds for improvements in the town wasn’t even discussed by the Cowdenbeath councillors who instead just gave £200k to Crossgates Primrose to develop Humbug Park 

You have to wonder what Cowdenbeath Councillors have against the town.?

5 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I seen the new Cowdenbeath Community Trust complaining that their bid for funds for improvements in the town wasn’t even discussed by the Cowdenbeath councillors who instead just gave £200k to Crossgates Primrose to develop Humbug Park 

You have to wonder what Cowdenbeath Councillors have against the town.?

Same as when they built the football hub in Lumphinnans when it was paid for by land developers to replace a football pitch in Cowdenbeath.