There was a coo

3 minutes ago, sandydee said:

Maybe if Central Park still belonged to the club, they might do something but they're not going to put money into a private company to run stock cars. Just another disadvantage of the millstone in not owning Central Park. 

Do Crossgates own their park ?

3 minutes ago, sandydee said:

Maybe if Central Park still belonged to the club, they might do something but they're not going to put money into a private company to run stock cars. Just another disadvantage of the millstone in not owning Central Park. 

That's exactly what I was thinking.

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Do Crossgates own their park ?

I believe it is owned by the council, but a community trust was looking to buy it from the council, assuming they raised the necessary funds. The area was to be developed and new facilities added. Not sure if it is still likely to happen though.

Edited by PELE

Nice train jaunt to Edinburgh on Saturday for some beers before the Spartans match. Would have been final trip this season, but of course we are off to Berwick in the cup a few weeks later. Supposed to be dry, but not that warm. Wonder if they will field a weaker team now (probably not) with an eye on the play-offs. If they win, they will finish top. I assume the trophy will be there for them if they win. Can the junior bigots win the league? Or, are they excluded from that as well?

11 hours ago, PELE said:

I believe it is owned by the council, but a community trust was looking to buy it from the council, assuming they raised the necessary funds. The area was to be developed and new facilities added. Not sure if it is still likely to happen though.

Think the council own it the club probably has a long lease.

The plans for the redevelopment have been on the go for a while.

21 hours ago, sandydee said:

The person who brought the council up was referring to Cowden in the Community not the actual football club.

59 minutes ago, weanjohnson said:

Saved my programme collection from my parents black bin yesterday. Used to think Thomas Flynn had jumped 5-6 feet in the air on this cover and wondered how it was possible. 20230409_130948.thumb.jpg.398074126045b86f0c4c5ff1487a9471.jpg

It’s a good pic I liked Thomas still plays in the Northern League.

9 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Player of the year event will be held at the junction after the last home game on the 22nd. Players and staff will be in attendance we also have live entertainment and buffet. tickets cost £10. Its sure to be a great night, message myself or our Facebook page for tickets.

Well done to the Junction supporters club for organising this albeit not the greatest of seasons but another opportunity to bring the club/community/fans/ players together.

Sounds like a good night with entertainment too 👍

In other news, Brechin flying tonight. 3-0 up already. It is looking like it will be a winner takes all battle on the final day of the Highland League season a week on Saturday when Brechin visit Buckie.

12 hours ago, PELE said:

In other news, Brechin flying tonight. 3-0 up already. It is looking like it will be a winner takes all battle on the final day of the Highland League season a week on Saturday when Brechin visit Buckie.

A cracking game in the offering that, finished 5-0 last night.

Hard to call who would be the best of the 3 sides who could be in the final.

22 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Got told earlier that Willie Callaghan (Junior) passed away really sad he was a year below me at High School. Never forget his 2 goals v the Townies in 1993 which gave him legendary status.

That's really sad knews. Loved watching Callaghan play. One of my all time favourite strikers. Many great memories, but as you say, that glorious performance in 93 at East End was the best. Both his and the fans reactions when he scored his goals were just the best of times.

1 minute ago, HenryHill said:

That's really sad knews. Loved watching Callaghan play. One of my all time favourite strikers. Many great memories, but as you say, that glorious performance in 93 at East End was the best. Both his and the fans reactions when he scored his goals were just the best of times.

The highlight of a shit season!