There was a coo

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Sorry, didn't read it right.

Stirling Uni would've got the place in the cup any other year. 

Now we all know why you were so defensive over the vote to allow the Colts in the league.

Dunno where to start

Stirling Uni also voted for b teams, you annoying purple dragon 🤣

11 minutes ago, Anychance said:

think I read the cup earns 22k minimum. of course the sfa were going to help there pals out put pure corruption 

Plus gate money, hospitality etc. 

7 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Stirling Uni also voted for b teams, you annoying purple dragon 🤣

Cowdenbeath changed their vote from the year before though, doubly bubbly for the suits. 

18 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Why?

So many rules/regulations and so many keyboard lawyers lately. Just want to concentrate on the fitba

The rule doesn't explain inviting Cowdenbeath because it explains why Albion Rovers are included. Concentrating on the fitba is a good plan.

I have no problem with Cowdenbeath being invited if there is a fair and transparent reason as to why they were invited as opposed to any other LL/HL club e.g. all club names put in a hat and they were the one drawn out. I also have no problem with the club accepting the invitation. The issue is that there is no explanation as to why the process is different from the past 2 years.

1 minute ago, forfarton said:

The rule doesn't explain inviting Cowdenbeath because it explains why Albion Rovers are included. Concentrating on the fitba is a good plan.

I have no problem with Cowdenbeath being invited if there is a fair and transparent reason as to why they were invited as opposed to any other LL/HL club e.g. all club names put in a hat and they were the one drawn out. I also have no problem with the club accepting the invitation. The issue is that there is no explanation as to why the process is different from the past 2 years.

Write to the SFA then buddy

1 hour ago, forfarton said:

Last year it was Buckie Thistle as Highland League runner up. The year before it was East Kilbride as Lowland League runner up. The expectation would therefore be the runner up of one of those two leagues rather than a team finishing 15th. 

I don’t think Stirling Uni were runners up in the Lowland League by your methodology given you say Cowdenbeath were 15th - you are saying on that basis a B team should have been a candidate along with Buckie 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

11 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

See Kevin  Dabrowski released  by Hibs. Really  thought  he would make it.

I heard he is signing with Raith Rovers. I saw when he went on loan to QoTS in January that he was leaving in the summer. He will be wanting more playing time. Good move for him I reckon 

Edited by sailorcowden

1 hour ago, forfarton said:

Why ask me? I don't know and I don't really care. Ask ViaPLay'

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I don’t think Stirling Uni were runners up in the Lowland League by your methodology given you say Cowdenbeath were 15th - you are saying on that basis a B team should have been a candidate along with Buckie 

I never mentioned Stirling Uni. B teams are not currently included in the League Cup (that would be a whole other issue) and I wouldn't want them to be, so Stirling Uni would be next in line for LL.

It really makes no difference to me which team is chosen but it should either be one of the runners up (as in previous seasons) or the alternative process for choosing who to invite should be stated, whether that be Cowdenbeath or any other club.

58 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:

I heard he is signing with Raith Rovers. I saw when he went on loan to QoTS in January that he was leaving in the summer. He will be wanting more playing time. Good move for him I reckon 

Yeah. I heard the same. Raith got some money they need to use 😉, so to speak.

22 minutes ago, forfarton said:

I never mentioned Stirling Uni. B teams are not currently included in the League Cup (that would be a whole other issue) and I wouldn't want them to be, so Stirling Uni would be next in line for LL.

It really makes no difference to me which team is chosen but it should either be one of the runners up (as in previous seasons) or the alternative process for choosing who to invite should be stated, whether that be Cowdenbeath or any other club.

I didn’t say you said Stirling - you said runner up which was Rangers B if I recall.  So logically that is one of the 2 teams you felt merited the place.  If you say Cowden were 15th then you are saying Stirling Uni were 4th.  If you are suggesting Stirling Uni were 2nd (runner up) then Cowden too must be advanced in the League standings to 12th not 15th on that method of looking at things - if the facts are to be recorded in an unbiased manner!