The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Surely your board can begin to make inroads into ticketing etc for the game in less than a fortnight? Absolutely no consideration from the Queens particularly as not every fan who wants to be there will get to go due to pathetic stadium the game will be taking place in.

Shocking from the Queens and bang in the category of diddyness.

Thank you.

joey-friends.gif.db2c10a8afd33be891310a0de02b8576.gif

25 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Surely your board can begin to make inroads into ticketing etc for the game in less than a fortnight? Absolutely no consideration from the Queens particularly as not every fan who wants to be there will get to go due to pathetic stadium the game will be taking place in.

Thank you.

The terrace at Ochilview can hold around 3000 supporters, where else would you be given that many tickets for a game like this?

Still, if there's anything to play for I'm hoping the club will divide it in half to squeeze in more Queen's fans like they proved is possible at a recent match, and give loads away to the local community and schools, with free buses too.

1000 - 1200 would be a more than reasonable away allocation IMO.

Edited by Zanetti

46 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Strong whiff of Entitlement about that statement. I’ll be recommending to our “board” that they wait until about 3 hours before kick-off. 

You’re welcome.

The club should be waiting until after Saturday's game to make a decision on tickets. If we're still in with a shout of winning the league I'd let Dundee have 50 at the absolute most. And if that means their fans missing out on seeing their team win the Championship then it's hardly a big deal: they'll get another chance in a couple of years.

12 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

The club should be waiting until after Saturday's game to make a decision on tickets. If we're still in with a shout of winning the league I'd let Dundee have 50 at the absolute most. And if that means their fans missing out on seeing their team win the Championship then it's hardly a big deal: they'll get another chance in a couple of years.

Typical weegie acting very Old Firm-y when it comes to allocations.

4 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

It was obviously tongue in cheek, but I would be very disappointed if the club gave Dundee any more than half of the terrace behind the goal. 

As was mine - I'll be raging if I miss out, but I'd want my club to prioritise the home support.

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Just watched them again and still can't get a shortlist of five never mind three. We've been blessed...wish it would all come back quickly. Most noticeably Grant Savoury...not just the goals but the turns and positive runs.

For what it's worth and purely on aesthetics my vote going to Savoury's v Hamilton, it was like watching a pin-ball machine!

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

As was mine - I'll be raging if I miss out, but I'd want my club to prioritise the home support.

Our committee and executive team have made some howling decisions over the last two years and are probably struggling with how to get this one right. And it is a very different decision depending on this week’s results. The form suggests you might win the league this weekend, so we might lose out on ticket sales for the final game. Or not. 

We stand accused of being a diddy team in a diddy stadium but we are where we are. I just hope the committee do the very best they can for our club, especially the supporters that our coach praises every week. And give the players the atmosphere they need to help them on. Ironically, if we had got Lesser ready that number of 50 for Dundee would have been accurate. 

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

The terrace at Ochilview can hold around 3000 supporters, where else would you be given that many tickets for a game like this?

Still, if there's anything to play for I'm hoping the club will divide it in half to squeeze in more Queen's fans like they proved is possible at a recent match, and give loads away to the local community and schools, with free buses too.

1000 - 1200 would be a more than reasonable away allocation IMO.

300 was the allocation I heard this week. That was from a Dundee fan who knows the police match controller at Ochilview. 

12 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

300 was the allocation I heard this week. That was from a Dundee fan who knows the police match controller at Ochilview. 

I've heard something similar from a different source since posting that, so hopefully it's right. My suggestion was on the assumption that the club would be feeling generous, but 300 would make it a much better experience for home fans.

Edited by Zanetti

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

The irony of a Dundee fan complaining about ticketing arrangements and the stadium will be lost on no one.

Putting them on sale now won't result in more tickets being available. Fingers on the refresh button when they do go on sale.

Does anyone know what happened to the Spiders Talk Forum? The site seems to have been down for weeks.

I know that there weren't many of our fans using it (cue jokes about the size of our support), so I wonder if the folk running it just gave up on it.

If so, it's a shame it didn't take off in the way that had been hoped.

5 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Take a chill pill ----- all will be revealed this week.

47 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Does anyone know what happened to the Spiders Talk Forum? The site seems to have been down for weeks.

I know that there weren't many of our fans using it (cue jokes about the size of our support), so I wonder if the folk running it just gave up on it.

If so, it's a shame it didn't take off in the way that had been hoped.

I ran the old forum (which at the time was very successful) and a few of us tried to revive it with this latest iteration but you're right, it wasn't being used much and we decided it wasn't worth the money to maintain unfortunately.

I think social media and the popularity of Pie & Bovril made it difficult to attract people. Personally though, I quite liked the idea of somewhere without other teams' fans inserting themselves into every conversation!