The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 years is mental. I'm guessing QP are planning on flinging the cash around a while longer? 

Good signing. Right move for him as well. A couple of years in the Championship won't do him any harm. If he keeps developing the way he did with us he'll go on to better things so a 3 year deal may well be a shrewd bit of business from QP. Some laugh if he does his wind up routine on us after putting one past us in the cup :lol:

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

3 years is mental. I'm guessing QP are planning on flinging the cash around a while longer? 

Good signing. Right move for him as well. A couple of years in the Championship won't do him any harm. If he keeps developing the way he did with us he'll go on to better things so a 3 year deal may well be a shrewd bit of business from QP. Some laugh if he does his wind up routine on us after putting one past us in the cup :lol:

Think the hope is exactly that, get as much out of him as possible for a year or two, develop him even more, then sell him on.

Really pleased with this though. Fantastic bit of business.

Announce Barry Hepburn next please! On paper at least, a frontline of Hepburn, Paton and Thomas sounds incredibly exciting 

Still need a fair few signings but Spong and Paton is a very positive start 

Big news day for us Spiders! Exciting signings, allowing us to start the process of seeing the team coming together. 

Also, super excited about the Adidas deal. To me, makes us look a level above, in term of professional. Was never convinced by Macron output. 

Daydreaming of an Adidas x Irn Bru shirt. 

12 hours ago, qpfc said:

Announce Barry Hepburn next please! On paper at least, a frontline of Hepburn, Paton and Thomas sounds incredibly exciting 

Still need a fair few signings but Spong and Paton is a very positive start 

....and we'll hopefully, post Christmas have Grant Savoury back in behind them too....

The last few days have been really, really positive but reckon we'll still need to add some experience/leadership/steel (delete as appropriate) into the midfield and defence so that we add that bit of resilience that we lacked towards the back end of last year.  

Adidas kit....shouldn't be excited by that kind of thing, but who'd have thunk it!

Anyway.....In Beuker We Trust

Edited by Spider1975

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

Saw this on Twitter. I'm assuming it's our new away kit.

FzOtSFcXsAAq3pX.jpeg.jpg

It is, dare I say, ok; certainly better than last years Macron Away kit, (not a difficult feat that though).  

It'll be interesting to see how they incorporate the three-stripes into the relatively narrow hoops of the Home top.

Can't help but feel Admiral's last kits were a bit of a zenith; classic, clean Home top and totally bonkers Away.

16 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

How much of the 5 million has been spunked already?

You're back then.

To answer your question just over £1m but that was as per the 2021 accounts on the back of a global pandemic and still left £5.5m left over.

9 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

You're back then.

To answer your question just over £1m but that was as per the 2021 accounts on the back of a global pandemic and still left £5.5m left over.

image.png.6003d8a00e931d8b522b08d9f00d6f0a.png

OOFT. Probably another 2 mil minimum spunked in the intervening 18 months. Half the pot gone already. Good stuff. 😀

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

I think it’s one of those football kit accounts have taken an adidas template and our badge on it to show what it might look like  

That is quite possible, the post i saw didnt mention whether it was the genuine kit or a mock up. I notice that the badge isn't in a shield like it is in the training gear we've seen pictured, so that could indicate its a photoshop job.

However, I also saw someone point out that the red with the chevron design is very similair to what you can see in the image at the top of the article on the website announcing the partnership with adidas.