The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

4 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Open till 7pm.

Yes, I saw this. The club has missed the point spectacularly. For years, the place was open until shutting time. What they’re doing is reshaping the social side of the football club without any consultation.

Now, I know how this one goes. It’ll be treated as a resistance to change and the fact that we’re in the business of making a profit will be pointed to. That would be countered by the fact that we’re the ones who voted for change and my understanding is that the social club has never run at a loss. 

Profit isn’t the only thing that should drive us. The social side is what makes football clubs like ours. It is the very essence and heartbeat of who and what our club actually is. Now, if the club want to play it like this, they’ll not get a penny over the bar from many loyal punters. That’ll probably amount to a few grand over the course of a season and yet more needless distance created between the club from the fans. Great for the local economy, however. 

49 minutes ago, 101 said:

Genuinely thought she would be a game changer at this level and maybe she has been in securing the funding required to rent Hampden, redevelop Lesser Hampden and run such a highly paid squad.

But from the outside looking in the decisions have been poorly made and the communications have been even worse. Hope you have a good SLO who can enact some long overdue change.

Assuming, SLO stands for supporters liaison officer, we don't have one as far as I know.

Although it's always possible we have one but no one told the supporters.

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Assuming, SLO stands for supporters liaison officer, we don't have one as far as I know.

Although it's always possible we have one but no one told the supporters.

I think the real problem is nobody told the SLO

12 hours ago, an86 said:

Yes, I saw this. The club has missed the point spectacularly. For years, the place was open until shutting time. What they’re doing is reshaping the social side of the football club without any consultation.

I popped in for a pint just to check it out. Choice of beers, prices and decor all say city centre to me rather than a social club. Aimed at the revenue-earning party nights rather than a fans pre-match favourite. Atmosphere was dead. Fortunately there are better choices available nearby.

Like all QP fans, my loyalties to my favourite football team have been tested on many, many occasions but I keep coming back. But after recent events, my support for the Club is being stretched to snapping point.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

I watched RV’s post match interview and it stuck me just how different he is to OC. He said they have analysed QotS and will look at the right game plan. Seems a world a way from OC’s usual ‘it’ll be a tough game, but they all are at this level’ patter. 

14 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

I watched RV’s post match interview and it stuck me just how different he is to OC. He said they have analysed QotS and will look at the right game plan. Seems a world a way from OC’s usual ‘it’ll be a tough game, but they all are at this level’ patter. 

Veldman so much of a better fit than OC. 

Mad thot Coyle ended up back in India. Would be plenty opportunities here, non? 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I popped in for a pint just to check it out. Choice of beers, prices and decor all say city centre to me rather than a social club. Aimed at the revenue-earning party nights rather than a fans pre-match favourite. Atmosphere was dead.

Also ideal for a sausage roll & a glass of sherry after auntie Mary's funeral.

50 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

I had to stop watching Coyle’s interviews towards the end of the season as I found it Infuriating how delusional he was at times. We could be comfortably beaten with 1 shot all game and Coyle would come out and say we should have scored 4 or 5. No wonder his interviews became a meme amongst opposition fans throughout the league 

Just me that’s slightly apprehensive about the season ? 

Another unconvincing performance where we looked powderpuff and lightweight defensively 

A couple punts down the channel from QOTS and we’re all at sea. Bannon was unfortunate to slip which resulted in the Fox red card but he didn’t help himself with a difficult back pass to McKenna. Losing those goals are really painful to watch and I’m worried this may be a common trend 

Despite his error, I’m still all for McKenna starting at Inverness next week. Supreme confidence on the ball and made some great saves. With the style of play we’re trying to implement, whoever the keeper is may have to deal with a couple errors. 

Also Healy starts for me. Looked incredibly positive every time he’s been on the pitch and scored a cracking goal. Would have him over Hepburn who’s looked fairly lightweight so far 

Meh. Pretty even first half, they probably had a couple of the best chances and we hit the woodwork twice. Sending off looked a clear cut red to me and it’s going to be a struggle from there.

Getting ourselves into good areas and either being too hesitant or picking the wrong option. Set pieces were, to put it mildly, shite. Early days, right enough, but obvious areas we need to improve. 

No idea what the Paton penalty was for. Perhaps someone in the Royal Box with a good view of the game might be able to enlighten us? Looked a great finish from Healy as well.

Not a great League Cup campaign, but it’s rare to look back at anything relevant to the league season ever happening in these games. 

13 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Just me that’s slightly apprehensive about the season ? 

Another unconvincing performance where we looked powderpuff and lightweight defensively 

A couple punts down the channel from QOTS and we’re all at sea. Bannon was unfortunate to slip which resulted in the Fox red card but he didn’t help himself with a difficult back pass to McKenna. Losing those goals are really painful to watch and I’m worried this may be a common trend 

Despite his error, I’m still all for McKenna starting at Inverness next week. Supreme confidence on the ball and made some great saves. With the style of play we’re trying to implement, whoever the keeper is may have to deal with a couple errors. 

Also Healy starts for me. Looked incredibly positive every time he’s been on the pitch and scored a cracking goal. Would have him over Hepburn who’s looked fairly lightweight so far 

Yes even before the red card we were unconvincing at best. I know all  part of the process etc. Queen of the South were quite comfortable throughout and had hoped for us to build on the Elgin result.

Most frustrating aspect of the second half was us repeatedly floating free kicks and corners right to their keeper.

Agree Healy deserves the start over Hepburn next week.

I think it will be a long hard season. We are so powderpuff it will be painful up against the experienced campaigners in the championship. Tip tapping our way upfield is all very well but be do need some steel once we get there. We cannot go through the season without some experience in the team. Such a shame as there are some talented youngsters in the squad but they need help. I don't think Ferrie has done anything to stop him being No 1.

Next couple signings will be crucial. Desperately need a right back and although I thought Longridge was decent today, it’s just not going to cut in the championship quite simply. 

Need another option up top. I wasn’t able to make the Elgin match but I’ve been really unconvinced with Paton’s link up play. Looks very sloppy on occasions and almost single handedly cost us a goal with a dire pass in the middle of the park which was fortunately ruled offside. Combined with the penalty miss, I think he forgot he wasn’t playing for QOTS today 

9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I popped in for a pint just to check it out. Choice of beers, prices and decor all say city centre to me rather than a social club. Aimed at the revenue-earning party nights rather than a fans pre-match favourite. Atmosphere was dead. Fortunately there are better choices available nearby.

Like all QP fans, my loyalties to my favourite football team have been tested on many, many occasions but I keep coming back. But after recent events, my support for the Club is being stretched to snapping point.

There is nothing on the walls at all to identify it as a Queens Park club. The closest thing is a QP badge on the Tennents tap.

What's happened to all the squad pictures, and kits. Especially sad to see the donors wall gone. Got my Father in laws name put on one of the boards for his 80th birthday just as the pandemic started (at a not insignificant cost) but it's nowhere to be seen.

2 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

There is nothing on the walls at all to identify it as a Queens Park club. The closest thing is a QP badge on the Tennents tap.

What's happened to all the squad pictures, and kits. Especially sad to see the donors wall gone. Got my Father in laws name put on one of the boards for his 80th birthday just as the pandemic started (at a not insignificant cost) but it's nowhere to be seen.

That is a disgrace and most disrespectful.