The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

13 hours ago, Alan Twelve said:

Because he'll be nowhere near match fit having only started his pre-season training a month ago. We had this conversation just a couple of weeks back, no?

I think we're starting to see why a once hot prospect with English Premier League experience could only find a club in the Scottish Championship if it truly is the case that he hasn't spent the summer keeping himself fit whilst waiting for a club.

21 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think we're starting to see why a once hot prospect with English Premier League experience could only find a club in the Scottish Championship if it truly is the case that he hasn't spent the summer keeping himself fit whilst waiting for a club.

He's just having a regular pre-season like every professional player everywhere else in the world, only he's starting three months later on account of not having had a club. The fact that he was playing a match of any sort this week suggests that he has in fact kept himself fit while waiting for a club.

14 hours ago, Alan Twelve said:

Because he'll be nowhere near match fit having only started his pre-season training a month ago. We had this conversation just a couple of weeks back, no?

I think there was a bit of surprise/concern that he played the first half hour rather than lasting the half 

6 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

He's just having a regular pre-season like every professional player everywhere else in the world, only he's starting three months later on account of not having had a club. The fact that he was playing a match of any sort this week suggests that he has in fact kept himself fit while waiting for a club.

Lots of players have no pre-season and come straight into first team football, even older guys who should in theory be less naturally fit. If it's taken him a month to be able to get to the point of playing for a reserve team, that suggests he hasn't been taking his fitness at all seriously.

16 hours ago, MattyD said:

I’ve heard the young QP team are very good they will be disappointed with that result. They played St Mirren in a friendly last week and won 2-1, Hepburn with a goal and assist and Fairlie for the other goal. 

sounds like they were missing a few players too who are training with the 1st team . 

YQP's sole purpose in life is to get ready the future first team players. The two centre backs for the last two games for the first X1 played with this team (in fact have been with QP since they were nine) so that's a win already. Naturally, the coach was disappointed with the result (as I would fully expect) but makes the point perfectly. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

4 hours ago, Thicks said:

I agree with you that designating the directors' rostrum as a kitchen for VIPs is a controversial decision.

On the one hand, this may be convenient for these people, since they will not have to go to other parts of the stadium to grab a snack or lunch.

As for the designers chosen for the West Booth, I also agree with you that this is not the best choice.

A good interior designer will immediately create a project for a harmonious interior of the room.

To do this, the designer takes into account many factors, such as:

Functionality of the space: The designer must ensure that the space meets the needs of the people who will use it. For example, if it is a kitchen, then it should be convenient for cooking and eating. If it's a bedroom, it should be cozy and relaxing.
Interior style: The designer must choose a style that will suit the tastes and preferences of the client. For example, if the client prefers a classic style, then the designer will use classic decorative elements such as stucco, columns, etc. If the client prefers a modern style, then the designer will use simpler and minimalistic decorative elements.
Color Scheme: The designer must choose a color scheme that will harmonize with each other and with the environment. For example, if the room is located in the northern part of the house, then the designer will use lighter and warmer colors to visually enlarge the space.
Lighting: The designer must consider the lighting of the room so that it is functional and creates a cozy atmosphere.

Currently, one of the cool trends in the interior is the use of best stick on wallpaper for wall decoration.

Stick on wallpaper is wallpaper that can be easily stuck on and removed.

This makes them an ideal choice for those who want to change the look of their interior without breaking the bank.

I hope the design turns out cool.

Wtf chatgpt? 

10 hours ago, Thicks said:

I agree with you that designating the directors' rostrum as a kitchen for VIPs is a controversial decision.

On the one hand, this may be convenient for these people, since they will not have to go to other parts of the stadium to grab a snack or lunch.

As for the designers chosen for the West Booth, I also agree with you that this is not the best choice.

A good interior designer will immediately create a project for a harmonious interior of the room.

To do this, the designer takes into account many factors, such as:

Functionality of the space: The designer must ensure that the space meets the needs of the people who will use it. For example, if it is a kitchen, then it should be convenient for cooking and eating. If it's a bedroom, it should be cozy and relaxing.
Interior style: The designer must choose a style that will suit the tastes and preferences of the client. For example, if the client prefers a classic style, then the designer will use classic decorative elements such as stucco, columns, etc. If the client prefers a modern style, then the designer will use simpler and minimalistic decorative elements.
Color Scheme: The designer must choose a color scheme that will harmonize with each other and with the environment. For example, if the room is located in the northern part of the house, then the designer will use lighter and warmer colors to visually enlarge the space.
Lighting: The designer must consider the lighting of the room so that it is functional and creates a cozy atmosphere.

Currently, one of the cool trends in the interior is the use of best stick on wallpaper for wall decoration.

Stick on wallpaper is wallpaper that can be easily stuck on and removed.

This makes them an ideal choice for those who want to change the look of their interior without breaking the bank.

I hope the design turns out cool.

awkward-okay.gif.2f25b077348c9a3d8cb6ee3b4cb01058.gif

A few daft questions:

- is online the only way to buy a ticket?

- how close to kickoff can you buy a ticket?

- if you were in the market for QP merch, where you can you get it on match day (I rashly assumed they might sell stuff to a captive market on the concourse when I was at the Thistle game. I was wrong)

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Byekick said:

A few daft questions:

- is online the only way to buy a ticket?

- how close to kickoff can you buy a ticket?

- if you were in the market for QP merch, where you can you get it on match day (I rashly assumed they might sell stuff to a captive market on the concourse when I was at the Thistle game. I was wrong)

Thanks!

Yes but during office hours (closed on Saturday) you can get a ticket from the office. Online purchases upto 15:30 on match day i.e. 30 minutes after the game starts.

The supporters association sell a limited amount of stuff. Small shop beside the catering. 

What has happened to the good old game of football, eh? I was disgusted at QP’s own hospitality prices for the recent Scotland games… but these domes and their prices are beyond a joke. 

I think the game of football will actually end up getting in the way of the profitable business venture ideas that owners of clubs and stadia have. 

IMG_4851.jpeg

12 hours ago, TheHitman said:

What has happened to the good old game of football, eh? I was disgusted at QP’s own hospitality prices for the recent Scotland games… but these domes and their prices are beyond a joke. 

I think the game of football will actually end up getting in the way of the profitable business venture ideas that owners of clubs and stadia have. 

IMG_4851.jpeg

The domes aren't used for match day hospitality. They're for Christmas party's etc on non match days.

Though it would be amusing to see the ball smacking off the pod while the folk inside spill their soup and champagne in fright.

1 minute ago, Spider1975 said:

Trust the process?

The game was won. 2 terrible substitutions. 2 strong players went off. WHY...???? Hepburn lost the ball outside the Raith penalty box and did not have the fight in him ( or the physical strength) to win the ball back. Raith then fight for the ball and go up the field and equalise. When 2 good teams play each other it's who wants to fight to win the match that makes the difference.  Where is the fight .....ask yourselves Queens Park players

1 minute ago, Spider1975 said:

Trust the process?

That just isn’t on in any scenario. The manager is showing serious deficiencies in game management which hasn’t changed at any point this season. Every time we take a rare lead, the visible difference in composure and confidence on the ball is embarrassing. I could not believe we ended the game with Mauchin and Healy on the right hand side. Healy’s attempt of closing the cross down for the 2nd goal was disgraceful. These are guys with zero experience being chucked under the bus against experienced and effective championship level players like Easton, Hamilton and Gullan. What did Veldman honestly think was gonna happen ? 

Tonight was Veldman’s big chance to get 3 points and he absolutely blew it (again) Get him out 

Edited by qpfc

I’ve had it with this clown in the dugout. He’s done as far as I am concerned.

Taking off Thomas, Thomson and McPherson and bringing on Healy, Hepburn and whichever one of the “elite” academy graduates it was that came on was the actions of a madman. 

No same person would think it was appropriate to do that against Raith Rovers AGAIN.

The only appropriate sub to make would have been a fast centre forward…..which we don’t have.