The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Spooky Spider may well have saved this thread. Yeah the lack of info from the club is giving many of us the heebee jeebies.

Although there has been a sad lack of singing and chanting of late from the Spiders fans at Hampden, there has been some epic booing. I think half time v Ayr was the loudest so far. By full time we were too depressed to boo. Full time v ICT was quite vituperative too. When there is singing I do enjoy "Take Me Home Cathcart Road." It can send an actual shiver up my spine. Hopefully those days will come back.

4 hours ago, On the bench said:

Absolutely on board with this despite the obvious issue in that Beardy can barely manage himself.

Passion and commitment not in doubt though and zonal marking at corners cannae be any worse.

I spoke to him today and he said that any f@nny (eg Barry Ferguson, Frank Lampard) can get a gig, so why shouldn't he be the next f@nny.

3 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Why don't Queen's Park fans sing?: discuss.

Or will we always be labelled "what a sh#tey home support"?

The ICT school trip kids were giving it this to the point of tedium on Saturday but you can hear someone change their mind up at Inverness, so I wouldn't be too concerned at what other teams' fans think of us. There's always a decent vocal support at away games. And it's quality, not quantity, that counts.

Ooft, literally seconds from being where we deserve to be. What a time to be a QP fan............ actually it feels warmly familiar.

Anyway that's enough negativity from me, more than half the season remains, a new manager is (hopefully) incoming and the January window is a few weeks away. What could possibly go wrong ?

38 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Imagining scenes reminiscent of The Thick of It over the road right now……but without the humour.

IMG_2054.jpeg.b4201b0b22bf6053db3e32f74007ef3e.jpeg

“Selling your best striker on deadline day when you’re top of the Championship.” 

We were about 30 seconds away from going into Saturday in 10th place. We’ve been rank rotten this season but the last week has really set in about how realistic it is that we could get relegated come May. 

Can’t say I have any confidence for Saturday 

8 hours ago, qpfc said:

We were about 30 seconds away from going into Saturday in 10th place. We’ve been rank rotten this season but the last week has really set in about how realistic it is that we could get relegated come May. 

Even when we have been playing well Morton have bullied us to not being able to win. I have zero confidence that we will not lose on Saturday but hey maybe Santa will make an early  appearance this year.

9 hours ago, qpfc said:

We could have started a "We are bottom of the league and you're no" thread. Would have given us a matching pair.

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Jesus suffering f**k, how can they announce the AGM and make no mention of the manager / DoF...? 

They live in a bubble. As long as they know what’s going on, there’s nothing wrong.