The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

15 hours ago, Southsideforever said:

I don't agree with the clamour to appoint a new manager. Nuijten, for me has improved the team overall in a short period of time and has been able to put in changes to strategy. 

What a terrible opinion. 

16 hours ago, Southsideforever said:

Nuijten, for me has improved the team overall in a short period of time….

Twice nothing is still nothing. His pedigree was in line with his initial role I.e. running the Young QP development squad. He’s trying his best and deserves a job at the club, if that’s where he wants to stay. But like the rump of his playing squad, their current ”best” is still way short of what other clubs/players are achieving. However hard they try in training, when a big laddie like Reid just stands and watches his opponent head a ball in -and he’s not been the first this season - you really have to accept this is a root and branch job now. It’s not the players fault, they just need time to learn. But please know this, the AGM pack that is now with Members states that the only KPI for the club is success in the league and cups. No mention at all about The Process. It’s all about the Saturdays (except when it’s a Friday).

Tbh, you’re coming across as one of the plants that the committee insert in here from time to time. Always pushing the party line. Never reading the room. I hope I’m wrong. 

This place is a Forum, which means debating chamber so you’re entitled to your opinion. At the end of it all though, when all these players and coaches and money-shifters have moved elsewhere, the fans are the ones who will still be at games. As always. The committee should get that factored into their thinking.

49 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Twice nothing is still nothing. His pedigree was in line with his initial role I.e. running the Young QP development squad. He’s trying his best and deserves a job at the club, if that’s where he wants to stay. But like the rump of his playing squad, their current ”best” is still way short of what other clubs/players are achieving. However hard they try in training, when a big laddie like Reid just stands and watches his opponent head a ball in -and he’s not been the first this season - you really have to accept this is a root and branch job now. It’s not the players fault, they just need time to learn. But please know this, the AGM pack that is now with Members states that the only KPI for the club is success in the league and cups. No mention at all about The Process. It’s all about the Saturdays (except when it’s a Friday).

Tbh, you’re coming across as one of the plants that the committee insert in here from time to time. Always pushing the party line. Never reading the room. I hope I’m wrong. 

This place is a Forum, which means debating chamber so you’re entitled to your opinion. At the end of it all though, when all these players and coaches and money-shifters have moved elsewhere, the fans are the ones who will still be at games. As always. The committee should get that factored into their thinking.

I guess you are into conspiracy theories ? I have been called a lot of things, but never a plant! I would not know a committee member if I saw them. My impression is that most believe the committee are not very organised, perhaps they are better at subterfuge?  I don't think I am following the party line, for example I have always believed having just one recognised striker is not appropriate for any team at any level, and the team needs someone with other qualities such as pace or aerial ability to vary our attacking options. Paton links up play well, can finish and as we have seen can score a free kick. However, all players need competition and assistance which is missing.

However, developing youth players and giving them a pathway is as most everyone can agree is a good model to follow. We have seen positives with many of the players brought in such as Bannon and Mckenna. The balance has not been right and needs addressing, with signings now. The target is surviving in the league and with additions in key areas I don't think we are a million miles away.  Nuijten was the assistant not the manager, and so he is now implementing his own ideas with the help of O'Ware and to me is making progress. Perhaps a new manager coming in will make a huge difference but it is not certain. Going on a merry-go-round manager chase can end in disaster and my concern would be losing the positives which have been achieved, if a new manager had contradictory ideas and values.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

the AGM pack that is now with Members states that the only KPI for the club is success in the league and cups. No mention at all about The Process. It’s all about the Saturdays (except when it’s a Friday).

That there is only one KPI is interesting and hopefully encouraging. I am guessing there was more about the "process" before. If the aim really is to stay in this league, hopefully they back that up with actions before it is too late. When is the AGM?

27 minutes ago, Southsideforever said:

I guess you are into conspiracy theories ? I have been called a lot of things, but never a plant! I would not know a committee member if I saw them. My impression is that most believe the committee are not very organised, perhaps they are better at subterfuge?  I don't think I am following the party line, for example I have always believed having just one recognised striker is not appropriate for any team at any level, and the team needs someone with other qualities such as pace or aerial ability to vary our attacking options. Paton links up play well, can finish and as we have seen can score a free kick. However, all players need competition and assistance which is missing.

However, developing youth players and giving them a pathway is as most everyone can agree is a good model to follow. We have seen positives with many of the players brought in such as Bannon and Mckenna. The balance has not been right and needs addressing, with signings now. The target is surviving in the league and with additions in key areas I don't think we are a million miles away.  Nuijten was the assistant not the manager, and so he is now implementing his own ideas with the help of O'Ware and to me is making progress. Perhaps a new manager coming in will make a huge difference but it is not certain. Going on a merry-go-round manager chase can end in disaster and my concern would be losing the positives which have been achieved, if a new manager had contradictory ideas and values.

Fair enough, I’ll shred your file😉

Your second para isn’t wrong but as I mentioned, the business plan is reliant on us being in this division next year. Bannon’s interview gave a clue that this group have now realised that if they don’t kick on, dramatically, soon they are likely to miss the boat, or at least some of them. Right now, it’s all about whether or not those making decisions will put their cash on the ifs, buts and mibbees currently being displayed or will a hard decision be taken that, in their judgement, is most likely to guarantee Championship football for QP next season. Mark Roberts and Laurie Ellis were both in the same class - nice guy but not yet ready - and when the January transfer window opened they were both bumped. That, imho, will be the big decider of Nuitjen’s next career move. If the current group isn’t good enough, and I stress group, then we need new players and this nice young man doesn’t have the experience or contacts to do that. And if I were him, I’d be asking Beuker to hook him up in Netherland some place.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

10 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

That there is only one KPI is interesting and hopefully encouraging. I am guessing there was more about the "process" before. If the aim really is to stay in this league, hopefully they back that up with actions before it is too late. When is the AGM?

Thursday next week. Bring pitchforks and flaming torches😊

2 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Transfers Scotland reporting on X that QP are among a number of clubs keeping tabs on Andy Halliday. This is the exact type of hard b*stard we need in our midfield. 

That said, I have zero confidence in him signing. Joy. 

Would take in a heartbeat but no chance he’d join us 

Also that Transfers Scotland page is useless, or at the very least take everything said with a pinch of salt. Convinced every rumour posted is found via pie and bovril or a Twitter comment from somewhere rather than an actual exclusive 

The difference between last season and this season is clear for all to see. I do not think for a minute that the quality in the rest of the teams in the league has increased.

What should have been a gradual influx of our young team to an already secure senior team sitting mid table or above has become due to mis-management an avalanche of rookies that understandably have not coped well despite their best efforts.

If we want (and its a big if) to stay in the Championship then we must import some old heads to steady the ship starting with a new boss with connections !!.

For those saying Nuijten is improving things and should be given a chance.

Let's say that he had not been with the club when the previous manager left. Do you seriously think he would have been considered for the manager job given his current experience and age? Yes he is doing his best and deserves credit for taking chances that the previous coach seemed scared to try. That does not mean he is the long term person for an extremely difficult job. We have seen young players thrown to the wolves week after week. The same will happen to Nuijten if he remains as first team coach.

The reality is he is in place because he was the only short term option we had. We need an experienced coach/manager and once that person is in found then Nuijten should be rewarded by being given his old role back and more time to continue his learning in the background. Of course bringing in an old head to run the team does not automatically mean success. I bet whoever it is will do better than no wins in 15 games though.

What a difference a year makes. This week, last year, we beat PT to go top, and then Cove away (Murray ⚽⚽⚽⚽️) to complete 6 wins in a row and score 23 goals across those games. 

😏

On 02/01/2024 at 23:39, Southsideforever said:

I don't agree with the clamour to appoint a new manager. Nuijten, for me has improved the team overall in a short period of time and has been able to put in changes to strategy.

Leeann Dempster burner account

10 minutes ago, Southsideforever said:

Yes, and we never landed on the moon, the earth is flat,  the election was stolen, Lord Lucan works in a chippie in South Ayrshire and we have numerous reptiles walking alongside us! 

That is the first sensible post you have made.🤣

16 minutes ago, Southsideforever said:

Yes, and we never landed on the moon, the earth is flat,  the election was stolen, Lord Lucan works in a chippie in South Ayrshire and we have numerous reptiles walking alongside us! 

The earth is flat. I've been to many parts of it and never fell off once.

Nuijten seems like a good egg but it would be criminal to give him the job just now. I think there’s a load of promise in this side but they are crying out for a bit of experience. Maybe it could work with the right DoF in, and a few older heads - but even then it would seem like a ooge gamble.

Was pleased to see us go to a back 3, though. That defo seems like it will get the best out of a bunch of these players.

Any chat on McPherson? He  feels a very good fit at wing-back.  

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Nuijten seems like a good egg but it would be criminal to give him the job just now. I think there’s a load of promise in this side but they are crying out for a bit of experience. Maybe it could work with the right DoF in, and a few older heads - but even then it would seem like a ooge gamble.

Was pleased to see us go to a back 3, though. That defo seems like it will get the best out of a bunch of these players.

Any chat on McPherson? He  feels a very good fit at wing-back.  

My only concern with a back three is where Thomas fits in to the side. Other than that it does seem a good fit for the players we have. Bolster the squad with an experienced centre-back and striker and I think we'd be well on our way to staying up.