The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

He hasn't even been on the bench in either game so far in January. I have a feeling he was sent back as soon as we entered 2024 to make room for some new faces to come in.

The match report for the Thistle game last Tuesday on our website mentioned that Hepburn was missing due to illness.

Make of that what you will, but it may be that he'll be back in she squad one he has recovered?

16 minutes ago, an86 said:

Anyone we were going to get was either going to have some sort of damage on their CV or have no experience. Stark isn’t highly thought of at Saints and Coyle had a disaster at County before joining us. Both great Queen’s Park managers.

You wonder where Davidson might have ended up if he’d walked away from Saints after that double cup win? Surely enough for a gig in the English championship at that point. Never understood why he stayed on after that. The only way was down. 

A lot of accounts suggest he spent that entire summer trying to get an English club. This resulted in a disaster of a transfer window that he, and the club, have still never recovered from really.

The double wouldnt be enough to get English interest considering the abysmal goalscoring record and ~average league performance, i dont think. Finishing mid-table with us and going deep in cup competitions wasnt really a huge achievement on its own considering the previous decade we'd had.

53 minutes ago, an86 said:

Anyone we were going to get was either going to have some sort of damage on their CV or have no experience. Stark isn’t highly thought of at Saints and Coyle had a disaster at County before joining us. Both great Queen’s Park managers.

You wonder where Davidson might have ended up if he’d walked away from Saints after that double cup win? Surely enough for a gig in the English championship at that point. Never understood why he stayed on after that. The only way was down. 

Happy enough and obviously wish him all the very best. Keep us up and see what the summer brings is the immediate task. 

Think it was far simpler than that as I am led to believe he's settled in the Dunblane area where he grew up, so Perth suited from a family point of view.

2 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

I'd like to point out that the last manager we got on the rebound from the Perth Saints, was none other than Billy Stark.

For me the Stark days were our finest, and all done with no transfer budget.

If Davidson can improve us on the field as Billy did, that'll do me.

That's a lovely sentiment, but has almost zero to do with Scottish football in 2024. If that's the hope you're clinging to then you're done.

53 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

That's a lovely sentiment, but has almost zero to do with Scottish football in 2024. If that's the hope you're clinging to then you're done.

You're not wrong, but I think the point is more that a club of our stature in the position we are isn't going to be hiring a manager with a flawless record. 

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

According to The Daily Record the club are close to agreeing a fairly lucrative deal with Manchester United for the sale of Callan McKenna.

Sounds a pretty incredible bit of business potentially. Would curious to know how much we’d get straight away before the add ons 

Just now, qpfc said:

Sounds a pretty incredible bit of business potentially. Would curious to know how much we’d get straight away before the add ons 

Hopefully enough to build a stand 

31 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I see the article says that Davidson will be assisted by Liam Craig. Will be interesting to see what happens with Nuijten

Hopefully a role with the academy 

I know his name has been mentioned to death by a couple of posters but I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised now to see us offering Wotherspoon a contract. Worked under Davidson and if he is indeed the assistant, played with Liam Craig for a good 8-9 years at st Johnstone. Pretty sure his deal at Inverness runs out some point next week. Hope we’re looking into that  

9 hours ago, Zanetti said:

According to The Daily Record the club are close to agreeing a fairly lucrative deal with Manchester United for the sale of Callan McKenna.

According to Transfermarkt Sam Kane has returned from his loan at East Kilbride so the story maybe not without merit.  Not too sure how good he [Kane] is, but with Ferrie so far this year keeping score-lines respectable, if he picks up an injury our already inexperienced and light squad becomes even more of a concern.

8 hours ago, qpfc said:

I know his name has been mentioned to death by a couple of posters but I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised now to see us offering Wotherspoon a contract. Worked under Davidson and if he is indeed the assistant, played with Liam Craig for a good 8-9 years at st Johnstone. Pretty sure his deal at Inverness runs out some point next week. Hope we’re looking into that  

You'd be daft not to.

Suspect he'd rather join another club other than United anyway, he'll just be wanting closer to Perth than Inverness this month.