The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

That’s a shame about hinds. Must be incredibly frustrating to spend such time training with the club and beginning to settle, to then be told he can’t be registered cause of an issue with a previous club down south 

Its probably because youd be owing Hull compensation, and someone managed to cancel the deal in time.

Davidson made the same mistake at us, but didnt catch it in time, and we ended up paying £250k for someone who'd never played a senior game and who left us for nothing 12 months later for the English 10th tier.

To be honest, before being mentioned on here, had never heard of Sheridan. We're never going to attract experienced players without some kind of baggage. What matters is what he does for us. Maybe a decent option off the bench and his experience should be good for the likes of Paton & Williamson.

19 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Sheridan a ‘meh’ signing, but if he piles in with a couple of last minute winners and/or the younger squad members get anything from his experience, so be it.

If he scores two last minute winners in the remaining 12 games of the season I'll build him a statue myself.

8 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Apologies if this has been addressed, but does anyone know why we’ve signed this massive lease on Lochinch, yet we’re training at the moment at Toryglen?

Quite a lot of work at Lochinch recently. Re-surfacing and addition of new pitches.

12 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Apologies if this has been addressed, but does anyone know why we’ve signed this massive lease on Lochinch, yet we’re training at the moment at Toryglen?

I thought it was because of the weather 

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

3 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

If he scores two last minute winners in the remaining 12 games of the season I'll build him a statue myself.

I believe this is exactly what he was signed for and if he does that I'll place the traffic cone on his head myself. 

35 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I believe this is exactly what he was signed for and if he does that I'll place the traffic cone on his head myself. 

I'll settle for him coming on for the last 10 minutes and winning a few headers while we hang on for a narrow win/draw.

59 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Surely nobody still thinks McKinstry should get a game after that today? He floats about the pitch and the game just passes right by him. A very poor player.

Wasn’t at the game today due to work but what I have seen of him suggests he’s pretty slow, weak defensively and has one trick where he gets the ball on the left of the 18yd box and tries to curl it into the top right hand corner……so far everyone has missed.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Surely nobody still thinks McKinstry should get a game after that today? He floats about the pitch and the game just passes right by him. A very poor player.

He should have been left out of the squad weeks ago. Very poor attitude. Out of contract in 3 months and is not interested in staying. If he feels he's too good for us (he would be wrong), let him train with the B Team and f**k right off

Subs today in general killed any sort of momentum we had. Mckinstry was rotten and I’m still not convinced about Mauchin entirely. Until United’s 3rd goal, I really did think we were better team 2nd half. If only McPherson put his chance away at 1-0 in the first half though🥲 

Paton, Welsh and Thomson all excellent and other than the Dunfermline result, all the other results were perfect for us. Really big week coming up against Arbroath and Airdrie. Win both or get 4 points from 6 and i think we’ll be in a decent position to avoid 9th place