The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

5 hours ago, qpfc said:

Going by his Instagram, it seems a very real possibility that Savoury has done his acl again. Picture of his knee bandaged up saying “2nd one” 

Was really looking forward to the prospect of seeing him play last few games but if it is indeed another ACL, you struggle to see where he goes from here in terms of his football career 

Hope I’m completely wrong though 

Unfortunately you’re completely right. 
ACL again…

11 hours ago, Adam Rendall said:

Unfortunately you’re completely right. 
ACL again…

I've never heard of this happening. 

It must be very rare. 

With modern surgery that operation seemed to be very successful.

Does anyone know of this happening before and the sportsperson coming back again?

Young lad with a real talent, I wish him all the best. 

It must be incredibly difficult mentally. 

You get so close to the light at the end of the proverbial and then bam.

Awful 😔  

Edited by GloriousHoops

25 minutes ago, Adam Rendall said:

Wonder what the club will do, he’s out of contract at the end of the season.

I would hope we’d keep him on. It’d absolutely be the right thing to do, plus he’s a smashing player.

Sometimes you can stretch a playing budget for exceptional circumstances and this is one of them. I think we will do the right thing by him. One of the first things I’d hope we’d already have done will be to take that worry away.

1 hour ago, GloriousHoops said:

I've never heard of this happening. 

It must be very rare. 

With modern surgery that operation seemed to be very successful.

Does anyone know of this happening before and the sportsperson coming back again?

Young lad with a real talent, I wish him all the best. 

It must be incredibly difficult mentally. 

You get so close to the light at the end of the proverbial and then bam.

Awful 😔  

Lewis Vaughan at Raith has had 3 or 4  ACL ops in recent years,  don't know if same knee etc..   but was before and still is a quality player at championship levels....    Good luck to the lad,  saw him a few times in a poor Peterhead side and always had a touch of class about him..

13 hours ago, Passionate said:

Lewis Vaughan at Raith has had 3 or 4  ACL ops in recent years,  don't know if same knee etc..   but was before and still is a quality player at championship levels....    Good luck to the lad,  saw him a few times in a poor Peterhead side and always had a touch of class about him..

Lewis has had 4 ACL Ops 2 on each knee.

56 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Cleared it up in the post match with CD. ‘Tidy up, nothing like the first injury, ready for pre-season ‘. 

Would that imply that he expects him still to be here next season?

59 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Cleared it up in the post match with CD. ‘Tidy up, nothing like the first injury, ready for pre-season ‘. 

Given he's out of contract in the summer that seems to imply an extension is in the offing.

1 hour ago, mcjameos said:

Given he's out of contract in the summer that seems to imply an extension is in the offing.

Surely a certainty, injury permitting, that he's offered an extension. Guys like him are difficult to find.

I would hope any extension to Savoury's contract will be multiple years, to avoid him coming back and being picked up by someone else for free at the end of next season if he returns to the level he's capable of playing at.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Surely a certainty, injury permitting, that he's offered an extension. Guys like him are difficult to find.

Absolutely. I was hoping Davidson wouldn't have said he'll be ready for pre-season if some kind of consensus hadn't already been reached.