The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

4 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Didn't he come on as a sub against ICT in Feb? 

I've been told  he was sent back about 4 weeks ago, his attitude was shocking, thought he was too good for this level .don't quote me tho 

19 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Great win for the ladies.

it was indeed & a good day all round at the City Stadium for those who couldn't make it, here's what you missed...

there was a decent crowd  - easily 3 or 4 times the numbers at the couple of games I've been to at New Tinto and great to see lots of youngsters in their beautiful Macron kits!

So, what's next? The next game is against Stirling Uni on the 14th April, if QP win that ( & we have beaten them 4-1, 6-0 & 12-0 this season) the worst we can be is 15 points clear of Killie with 5 games to play.  Currently our goal difference is 37 better than Killie's so that would effectively be the league won.  This game is currently scheduled to be played at New Tinto Park - surely it should be moved to the Haugheydrome?

And what about next season where (barring the most dramatic collapse ever) QP women will be playing against the likes of Rangers, Celtic, Glasgow City, Hibs, Hearts & Partick Thistle, where do they plan to play - surely not New Tinto Park, a ground with no seats? And what about the team? They will be up against several teams with full time pro players.  How do they intend to complete?  You would imagine a few teams are eying up some of the girls and surely some form of professional status must be under consideration.

Edited by Arachnophile

4 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Probably, possibly and maybe.

So, season tickets will be going on sale in a few weeks and you don’t know the location and where you’ll be sitting?

Seems a bit odd to me. 

7 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

So, season tickets will be going on sale in a few weeks and you don’t know the location and where you’ll be sitting?

Seems a bit odd to me. 

Bit odd = the norm these days.

We’re getting used to it.

8 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

Seems a bit odd to me. 

I don't think our season tickets went on sale until mid-June last year, I'd probably expect similar again.

This doesn't justify the weird limbo we find ourselves in, of course. Not knowing where we're going to be playing going into every season is a ridiculous scenario, and one way or another something more permanent needs to be arranged.

Regardless, I've heard through the grapevine that it'll be Hampden again. That's as good as you're going to get for now I'm afraid.

23 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

it was indeed & a good day all round at the City Stadium for those who couldn't make it, here's what you missed...

there was a decent crowd  - easily 3 or 4 times the numbers at the couple of games I've been to at New Tinto and great to see lots of youngsters in their beautiful Macron kits!

So, what's next? The next game is against Stirling Uni on the 14th April, if QP win that ( & we have beaten them 4-1, 6-0 & 12-0 this season) the worst we can be is 15 points clear of Killie with 5 games to play.  Currently our goal difference is 37 better than Killie's so that would effectively be the league won.  This game is currently scheduled to be played at New Tinto Park - surely it should be moved to the Haugheydrome?

And what about next season where (barring the most dramatic collapse ever) QP women will be playing against the likes of Rangers, Celtic, Glasgow City, Hibs, Hearts & Partick Thistle, where do they plan to play - surely not New Tinto Park, a ground with no seats? And what about the team? They will be up against several teams with full time pro players.  How do they intend to complete?  You would imagine a few teams are eying up some of the girls and surely some form of professional status must be under consideration.

Perhaps at Lesser. Noticed that our President and his very charming wife were sitting in the Royal Box, obviously trying it out for next year with the Ladies playing at Lesser in the top division.

23 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Perhaps it will be Lesse,r as our President and his good lady were sitting in the Royal box wathing the game. Surely they were trying it out fot next season with the ladies in the top division?

The B team's draw at Lochinch today confirms they're reserve league champions. Although winning those games is obviously less of a priority than player development (especially since we primarily fielded youth players in the competition), it'll be exciting to see how they all progress. There's a lot of exciting young talent at the club right now.

On 04/03/2024 at 22:13, RichRJohnstone said:

A little bit off topic, but did anyone buy a kilt when we had our tartan designed in February 2017?

I'd quite like to find out who the manufacturer was to see if there's any way I could get a kilt now, but all the posts seem to have scrubbed from the website.

Did you ever get a reply to this? I'd be interested as well

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

The B team's draw at Lochinch today confirms they're reserve league champions. Although winning those games is obviously less of a priority than player development (especially since we primarily fielded youth players in the competition), it'll be exciting to see how they all progress. There's a lot of exciting young talent at the club right now.

Beuker getting this boshed onto his LinkedIn pronto. 

16 hours ago, BMG Spider said:

Did you ever get a reply to this? I'd be interested as well

I did. 

Unfortunately the manufacturer’s definition of XXL was somewhat shy of the norm.