The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 01/04/2024 at 19:13, Blane Fonda said:

Are Queen’s Park playing at Hampden proper next season or City Stadium or somewhere else like Ochilview?

Just curious, where would the Queens fans prefer to play? If they were to add some temporary stands at lesser would that be better than an empty Hampden? 

20 minutes ago, AMP28 said:

Just curious, where would the Queens fans prefer to play? If they were to add some temporary stands at lesser would that be better than an empty Hampden? 

Personally, Lesser.  

The main (only) stand is actually not a bad place to watch football, albeit with some weird acoustics. Had that been replicated the entire way round & given some decently priced catering and giving G4S the heave-ho, then I'm sure we'd all be pretty happy with playing there.

Personally speaking, Hampden is a bit of a dump and is badly in need of either significant modernisation or bulldozing. Over-priced, poor quality catering and the lack of any atmosphere render it a pretty soulless experience

5 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Personally, Lesser.  

The main (only) stand is actually not a bad place to watch football, albeit with some weird acoustics. Had that been replicated the entire way round & given some decently priced catering and giving G4S the heave-ho, then I'm sure we'd all be pretty happy with playing there.

Personally speaking, Hampden is a bit of a dump and is badly in need of either significant modernisation or bulldozing. Over-priced, poor quality catering and the lack of any atmosphere render it a pretty soulless experience

A wee bit harsh calling Hampden a dump. In need of an upgrade yes, but it is a bit of a palace compared to some of the stadiums we have to visit.  Agree with you on Lesser. A couple of temporary stands giving us a capacity of 3-4000 and we would be very snug in there.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

35 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

A wee bit harsh calling Hampden a dump.

Maybe.  Just think it is wholly unsuited to lower league/Championship football and as a 'National' stadium it is a bit of an embarrassment compared to others within the UK/Europe.  

Agree with the sentiment about other stadiums though, especially at c.£20/ticket.  All in all the main reason behind my high disappointment and frustration with Lesser - not many teams get the funds and opportunity to construct, from scratch, a new stadium.  We did and we made an absolute horlicks of it.

1 hour ago, QP's in my DNA said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/birmingham-city/leading-race-scottish-sensation-birmingham-likely-first-summer-signing-revealed

This is what happens when your U18s do well, given our recent problems at centre back I'm surprised he's not been given a chance at first team level. 

With respect, he is nowhere near first team level. He is an excellent prospect for any decent development team but as we have painfully seen there is a huge gulf between that and Scottish Championship level.

3 hours ago, AMP28 said:

Difficult but fair question. Hampden is quite unsuitable for our level. No atmosphere, old fashioned, and criminally expensive catering. It does give visiting teams a lift to play there and for that reason I would move, but...............Lesser is a shambles with an embarrassing Royal Box which is shameful and a stand which is just about good enough for our level despite the strange acoustics. We still have the insane catering charges and quality and a couple of temporary stands will give a Meccano set feeling and do nothing for it. Where we go from here in the longer term is anyone's guess but I doubt it will be either of these places. Our committee, and Ms Dempster, have made a right royal mess of it.

So to answer your question ........I really don't know.

2 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Just think it is wholly unsuited to lower league/Championship football and as a 'National' stadium it is a bit of an embarrassment compared to others within the UK/Europe.

Undoubtedly 3/4th of the UK national stadiums but internationally I think its very much comparable to other stadiums of similarly sized nations and better than some of bigger nations.

2 hours ago, RichRJohnstone said:

Oh no! Who was the manufacturer? Cheers.

It was Macron last season.

I only bought it because it looked so nice. Obviously it was never used so was just a money making exercise. It grates a bit to pay 50 quid for a shirt only to find they skimped on materials. My very nice XXL Admiral shirt with the Irn Bru logo still fits fine so I feel a bit cheated.

Edited by harlowspider
Text

And I thought Morton last weekend was bad...

Can only hope this is the kick up the backside that we need. Next weekend was always going to be important, but we need to prove that we deserve to stay in this league, because today was just not good enough.

10 hours ago, Southsideforever said:

Next week is huge, lose that and we are really in trouble. Based on today, not confident of a positive result. Eighth place looks  like a massive achievement if we can hold on.

Eight points should see us fine. Looking at the fixtures I would say Inverness have a tougher run with Raith and Morton. We both have Dunfermline who are looking decent now they have their players back. Win next week, draw at the Pars, hopefully win at Abroath, then hold out for a point at Airdrie.   If we lose next week then by all means hit the panic button 🤣.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

Horrendous all over the park. We looked like a League 2 team playing a Premiership side.

Apart from anything else, a demonstration of how crucial Thomas is for us. Another good kicking for Thomson, who seems to be getting targeted for a bit of physical stick. Hope he's ok for Saturday. 

Biggest game for years next week.