The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

It all stems back from the utter calamity Beuker placed the club with his moronic recruitment policy last summer. January window you can only do so much and Davidson has done a decent job with the limited time to create a team that’s remotely competent at championship level. With Thomas injured, McPherson crocked, it means your turner’s, longridge are undroppable despite form due to a lack of quantity and quality on the bench. You lose longridge at right back and it’s Mauchin who plays, who for me doesn’t look ready at this level at all yet. Take turner and you’ve got…Mckinstry? Carse ? We simply get weaker 

We have to get to summer as a championship club. It may have to be through the play offs. Give Davidson a full summer to bin players and add his own guys and I’m confident next season will be a lot better. Issue is getting through this season with zero consequences 😕

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

It all stems back from the utter calamity Beuker placed the club with his moronic recruitment policy last summer. January window you can only do so much and Davidson has done a decent job with the limited time to create a team that’s remotely competent at championship level. With Thomas injured, McPherson crocked, it means your turner’s, longridge are undroppable despite form due to a lack of quantity and quality on the bench. You lose longridge at right back and it’s Mauchin who plays, who for me doesn’t look ready at this level at all yet. Take turner and you’ve got…Mckinstry? Carse ? We simply get weaker 

We have to get to summer as a championship club. It may have to be through the play offs. Give Davidson a full summer to bin players and add his own guys and I’m confident next season will be a lot better. Issue is getting through this season with zero consequences 😕

Don't disagree, but Davidson has made some strange decisions regarding how he deploys his personnel.  

I get playing Thomson in defence if you're playing him in that Libero role, but he isn't, he's playing on the left of Tizzard, who in turn is being shored up on the right by Wilson.

Longridge, a midfielder and actually, despite my criticism, was way better 2nd half against Utd when he moved back centrally into that role.  Despite this he's proven to be decent as a RB earlier in the season, but does CD play him there, no, instead we put him in as a RWB which he doesn't really have the pace for.

Similarly, as he moves Thomson back and Longridge wide, Turner ends up deeper and we've all seen how much better he was when playing further up the pitch, which then means we have to rely on McKinstry to be our creative threat when Thomas is unavailable, or as we saw today, see both Sheridan and Paton come deep.

I'm not saying CD hasn't inherited significant structural issues and by God it's been a season of significant upheaval, but I'd hope as a manager, CD would have the flexibility and know-how to be able to change tactics and formations to suit the playing staff he has.  

32 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Give Davidson a full summer to bin players and add his own guys and I’m confident next season will be a lot better.

Oh sweet summer child.

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 09/04/2024 at 17:51, bridgeofweirdo said:

Because they have no idea?

A steward encouraged the unused squad players to move from the back of the "hospitality" section.

I explained to her that "this is nonsense, they're players, as in Queens Park players, like the reason we're here, like the reason you're getting paid"

Fell totally on deaf jobsworth ears, and she shifted them until Uncle Dom came along and vouched for them. 

Amateur on the pitch, amateur off the pitch, but I'm sure they look after the prawn sandwich brigade.

Davidson has made some mistakes in recent weeks for sure but no doubt the root cause of the situation we find ourselves in was LeeAnn Dempster (and others) giving Marijn Beuker full control of the first team in the summer. 

There were nine players on the bench today - one goalkeeper, five defenders, one attacking midfield player and two strikers. Thanks, Marijn, and your enablers. Hope you're having a swell time at Ajax.

Mind you, as others have said, it isn't a get out of jail free card for some of the decisions made by CD of late but he has been dealt a pretty shitty hand.

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

I'm not saying CD hasn't inherited significant structural issues and by God it's been a season of significant upheaval, but I'd hope as a manager, CD would have the flexibility and know-how to be able to change tactics and formations to suit the playing staff he has.

You'll be lucky to get a single half with a different system. If this system is successful don't be suprised to see him not stick to it unless absolutely necessary (injuries etc).

This system will have been forced on him anyway because of injuries which quite literally don't allow him to stick with his darling baby system.

We made ICT look like world beaters today and they are not! They were able to put together twenty plus passes together with ease. Its not looking good at all, and I don't see where the next goal or win is coming from. Williamson added some aggression and ability to hold up the ball, but was introduced far too late. Questions need to be asked of management as we lack any threat or ideas and there is no excuse for that with almost any squad. Where can we get two or three points from, Arbroath - fingers crossed but not a certainty. I'm afraid I think we are heading for the playoffs and maybe ...

Edited by Southsideforever

3 hours ago, qpfc said:

Davidson brought in journey men, who after the honeymoon period have been poor. 

Bannon & Tizzard are simply not good enough….Wilson thinks he is Franco Baresi with the long floaty balls.

Get Charlie Fox back in there and get Thomson back into midfield 

Edited by Take Me Home Cathcart Road

2 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

There were nine players on the bench today - one goalkeeper, five defenders, one attacking midfield player and two strikers. Thanks, Marijn, and your enablers. Hope you're having a swell time at Ajax.

Mind you, as others have said, it isn't a get out of jail free card for some of the decisions made by CD of late but he has been dealt a pretty shitty hand.

Who were the strikers on the bench ?

33 minutes ago, Take Me Home Cathcart Road said:

Davidson brought in journey men, who after the honeymoon period have been poor. 

Bannon & Tizzard are simply not good enough….Wilson thinks he is Franco Baresi with the long floaty balls.

Get Charlie Fox back in there and get Thomson back into midfield 

Would Fox be going in there to ensure we stopped with the long floaty balls? As I’m sure for much of last season, Fox was primary long floaty ball provider. 

3 hours ago, GloriousHoops said:

A steward encouraged the unused squad players to move from the back of the "hospitality" section.

I explained to her that "this is nonsense, they're players, as in Queens Park players, like the reason we're here, like the reason you're getting paid"

Fell totally on deaf jobsworth ears, and she shifted them until Uncle Dom came along and vouched for them. 

Amateur on the pitch, amateur off the pitch, but I'm sure they look after the prawn sandwich brigade.

I witnessed this too and I sent an email to the club. I suggest you do the same. 

13 hours ago, qpfc said:

With Thomas injured,

You're 100% sure he's injured?

When we were circling the drain he chucked it and obviously signed up to you guys.

Great player on his day and I still think if he had been focused we might have avoided the drop that year. However between him and Yogi it wasn't to be.

10 hours ago, Take Me Home Cathcart Road said:

So Fox isn’t any better than the rest

He's more experienced than Tizzard and if we're determined to play with at least one ball carrying CB in a three that can progress things forward, (and add some aerial threat), then it would make sense to make it him rather than Thomson who, in turn, could maybe go back to midfield?

16 minutes ago, 101 said:

You're 100% sure he's injured?

When we were circling the drain he chucked it and obviously signed up to you guys.

Great player on his day and I still think if he had been focused we might have avoided the drop that year. However between him and Yogi it wasn't to be.

I'd have hoped that as Club Captain this wouldn't be the case as the things we are desperately needing at the moment; leadership, creativity and attacking threat, tend to come from him.  All that said, the silence from the club as to what the injury is and how long he'll be out for has been deafening.  With a year left on his contract it'll be interesting to see if he's still around in August