The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

So apparently Charlie Fox is back in proper training with the team. I hope he can get fit enough for the remainder of the season. 

Great news.  If CD can turn Will Tizzard from the shell that he'd become under RV to the competent, developing CB that he is now, imagine what he'll do for Fox....he'll be eating strikers for lunch while scoring sh!t-pingers from all over the place!

On 15/03/2024 at 13:49, EaglesandSpiders said:

So apparently Charlie Fox is back in proper training with the team. I hope he can get fit enough for the remainder of the season. 

Had a blether with him when he popped into the social club..err Bar 1867 for a pint (of water!) on Saturday.  He said he was going well and had been training with the reserves that morning.  Thought he would be fully fit this week then it would be up to Callum Davidson to decide whether to pick him.

7 hours ago, Adam Rendall said:

Two contact extensions this week. 

Hopefully Savoury and Thomson.

Would love that but equally id be delighted to extend Josh Scott’s deal as i think that only runs to the end of the season as of right now 

On 18/03/2024 at 20:37, EaglesandSpiders said:

Does anybody know if we have any suspended players for the next game? We've been picking up a lot of yellow cards lately and we can't afford to lose anybody from our starting 11.

Think we are ok. Theshold is 10 cards by week 32. According to footie stats Ruari, Jack T and Will Tizzard on 7. Welsh,  Robson and Turner on 6.

40 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Tam O'Ware's off... no real info on the website. Saw it was Liam Craig who took the B team yesterday...

Scored the winner for Kelty Hearts last night.

32 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Good to see the women confirmed as playing at lesse oops The City Stadium

image.png.c7f55c72e0c497680953e3ef1564106e.png

But what's with the Noon kick off? - I'll need to start drinking at 9am !!!

The clocks go forward on that day so it'll feel like 11am when the game kicks off.

12 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

The club president, wearing training gear, being in the photos for player contract announcements would be weird at any other football club

But then we have a very weired President, who seems to have forgoten that he was once one of us. I hear on the grapevine, that he has made quite a few desicions, without consulting the Committee, that has upset several Committee members.