The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

He should have been left out of the squad weeks ago. Very poor attitude. Out of contract in 3 months and is not interested in staying. If he feels he's too good for us (he would be wrong), let him train with the B Team and f**k right off

Where are you getting he feels he's too good for us?

Mental reaction. 

6 hours ago, QPEast said:

Where are you getting he feels he's too good for us?

Mental reaction. 

I said if.. And that has been my impression of him since (and in the manner) he signed with us and in every single game I watched him play. Mental? If you say so. 

16 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Wasn’t at the game today due to work but what I have seen of him suggests he’s pretty slow, weak defensively and has one trick where he gets the ball on the left of the 18yd box and tries to curl it into the top right hand corner……so far everyone has missed.

I'm not suggesting he's been brilliant but I do think mckinstry is capable of creating in the final third, some short memories on here conveniently forgetting his assist for  Jack Turner's goal at Dunfermline. He's a bit of a luxury player and poor defensively and a bit like Luke Donnelly his languid style does give the unfortunate impression he's not exactly busting a gut

16 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

He should have been left out of the squad weeks ago. Very poor attitude. Out of contract in 3 months and is not interested in staying. If he feels he's too good for us (he would be wrong), let him train with the B Team and f**k right off

Get that you don't rate him but how how do you know he's not interested in staying and feels he's too good for us? 🤔

Edited by Alf Stamp Army

15 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

I'm not suggesting he's been brilliant but I do think mckinstry is capable of creating in the final third, some short memories on here conveniently forgetting his assist for  Jack Turner's goal at Dunfermline. He's a bit of a luxury player and poor defensively and a bit like Luke Donnelly his languid style does give the unfortunate impression he's not exactly busting a gut

One assist in 11 appearances, if I’m being myopically kind, is bang average. If one thing has been learnt since Simon Murray’s departure it’s that we need everyone pulling their weight in defence, Paton regularly runs himself into the turf working for the team; given the situation we’re in, I doubt very much if we can accommodate or accept, passengers. 

1 hour ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Get that you don't rate him but how how do you know he's not interested in staying and feels he's too good for us? 🤔

Watch his first interview after he signed and listen to everything he says about himself and why he signed for the club. 

He has been looking to get match fit, get some first team minutes under his belt and sign for a "bigger" club since day one. He doesn't want to stay because he hasn't extended his contract and you can tell from the way he's coasting on the pitch. 

I don't know why people keep asking the same question to me. These are my speculations based purely my impression of him since (and again in the manner) he signed and that he hasn't extended his contract (yet). I don't have some kind of inside information on whether or not he wants to stay or feels he's too good for us. I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I don't know if Davidson is even interested in extending his contract. That's just how I feel about him. 

I think his main issue is ability rather than attitude, but I do find it unusual that a young guy who must've had offers on the table and was obviously waiting for others didn't keep himself fit over the summer unless he was considering retiring at the ripe old age of 20.

39 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Watch his first interview after he signed and listen to everything he says about himself and why he signed for the club. 

He has been looking to get match fit, get some first team minutes under his belt and sign for a "bigger" club since day one. He doesn't want to stay because he hasn't extended his contract and you can tell from the way he's coasting on the pitch. 

I don't know why people keep asking the same question to me. These are my speculations based purely my impression of him since (and again in the manner) he signed and that he hasn't extended his contract (yet). I don't have some kind of inside information on whether or not he wants to stay or feels he's too good for us. I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I don't know if Davidson is even interested in extending his contract. That's just how I feel about him. 

I just find it weird to have such a strong reaction to a kid. Telling him to F off etc. Trying to find something that's not there in his introduction interview. I get he's maybe not lived up to the hype but life goes on.

If you are getting that angry over a boy, then maybe you should go outside, touch some grass, reconnect with the real world.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

I think his main issue is ability rather than attitude, but I do find it unusual that a young guy who must've had offers on the table and was obviously waiting for others didn't keep himself fit over the summer unless he was considering retiring at the ripe old age of 20.

While he doesn't say so explicitly in that interview, he does pretty strongly suggest that he had some mental health issues after being released by Leeds. I think we should all cut the boy some slack and hope that he improves with more time on the pitch.

22 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

While he doesn't say so explicitly in that interview, he does pretty strongly suggest that he had some mental health issues after being released by Leeds. I think we should all cut the boy some slack and hope that he improves with more time on the pitch.

Agreed but not at the expense of the club's chances of staying in the Championship. Based on what I have seen so far and only imo he is still not match fit and although there is a talent there it's still to be on show so maybe some more B team action first?. 

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I unless he was considering retiring at the ripe old age of 20.

He wouldnt be the first.

1 hour ago, Alan Twelve said:

If that's the case then I obviously hope he's doing better now; like anyone else who plays for us I still hope he does well and   proves me wrong, but I've not seen anywhere near enough from him to believe he has what it takes to compete at this level.

Edited by Zanetti

4 hours ago, QPEast said:

I just find it weird to have such a strong reaction to a kid. Telling him to F off etc. Trying to find something that's not there in his introduction interview. I get he's maybe not lived up to the hype but life goes on.

If you are getting that angry over a boy, then maybe you should go outside, touch some grass, reconnect with the real world.

I'm not going to argue with you mate. He'll be gone and forgotten in a couple of months and you and I will still be here for the banter. 

35 minutes ago, Adam Rendall said:

These next two games are season defining, need 6 points. Fixtures don’t get any easier after this with Thistle & Raith at home. 

I’m very nervous.

You are right but I'm not nervous. It will most definitely go down to the wire but I'm sure we'll survive this season. We have a good team now, we are defending much better and we have options on the bench. And I trust Davidson. I remember checking the league tables of the previous seasons and a ~1,1 points average per game is almost always enough to stay up. That means we need 15 points in the remaining 11 matches. We'll play Arbroath & Airdrie twice and I think we're perfectly capable of getting at least 9 points from them. That leaves a deficit of 6 points from 7 matches. I think we'll be alright and either Airdrie or Inverness will finish 9th

Btw wouldn't it be just magnificent to beat Airdrie and push them into the 9th spot in the last game of the season at Hampden? 

Edited by EaglesandSpiders

14 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

You are right but I'm not nervous. It will most definitely go down to the wire but I'm sure we'll survive this season. We have a good team now, we are defending much better and we have options on the bench. And I trust Davidson. I remember checking the league tables of the previous seasons and a ~1,1 points average per game is almost always enough to stay up. That means we need 15 points in the remaining 11 matches. We'll play Arbroath & Airdrie twice and I think we're perfectly capable of getting at least 9 points from them. That leaves a deficit of 6 points from 7 matches. I think we'll be alright and either Airdrie or Inverness will finish 9th

Btw wouldn't it be just magnificent to beat Airdrie and push them into the 9th spot in the last game of the season at Hampden? 

I agree although I fancy Ayr for 9th. I cannot fathom how they get away with being rotten for so long. Scott Brown deserves it.

On 22/02/2024 at 17:46, mcjameos said:

To be honest, before being mentioned on here, had never heard of Sheridan. We're never going to attract experienced players without some kind of baggage. What matters is what he does for us. Maybe a decent option off the bench and his experience should be good for the likes of Paton & Williamson.

Not impressed with the Sheridan signing, our with his interview. No Williamson on the bench on Saturday who gave the Morton defence more problems for the short time that he had on, than anyone else had done and he was on a high having just scored 2 goals for the B team. Carse not brought on who, I think, was Celtic's B team top scorer. Bannon who is right footed playing on the left of defence, Wilson who is left footed in the centre of defence and Thomson who has been great all season moved to the rightside of defence instead of being in the centre of it where he has been outstanding!!!!

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Not impressed with the Sheridan signing, our with his interview. No Williamson on the bench on Saturday who gave the Morton defence more problems for the short time that he had on, than anyone else had done and he was on a high having just scored 2 goals for the B team. Carse not brought on who, I think, was Celtic's B team top scorer. Bannon who is right footed playing on the left of defence, Wilson who is left footed in the centre of defence and Thomson who has been great all season moved to the rightside of defence instead of being in the centre of it where he has been outstanding!!!!

Am prepared to keep an open mind on Sheridan for now. 

Could be there was an issue which kept Williamson out the squad at the weekend. That said, I recall Davidson saying, in one of his early interviews, it was time for Williamson to prove himself or words to that effect. He's been here 2 years now and, for me, not really any sign of him breaking into the team. Believe he's around the same age as Paton and, although I have no evidence, do feel Davidson doesn't rate him or maybe this move/step-up has not worked for him. Shame if that's the case.

Am sure, in his post-match interview, Davidson suggested Wilson wasn't fully match fit.  That made me think the back line was set up to accommodate Wilson because of who we were playing.  Guess we'll see over the next couple of games when up against the teams around us.