The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

The accounts to June 2023 have just been published. Some highlights:

Turnover up to £5.8m, PY £1.4m. What’s going on there? (Turnover of say Killie is £6.4m.)

Loss of £758k. PY £1.084m. So £1.8m loss reported over a 30-month period.

Naming rights for Lesser Hampden have been sold until 2048.

Unqualified audit report provided.

Fixed Assets up to £12.5m following another £8.5m capital expenditure (spend to complete Lesser Hampden being most of that). Overall total spent on buildings now up to £13.2m, which clearly doesn’t buy you that much these days!

Cash burn for year was £635k. Down to £577k left in bank.

Still due to collect another £1.25m from SFA for sale of Hampden.

Deferred income up to £9.3m, was £1.5m. A “capital accrual” has been created for £7.9m which you would presume was money due to a mystery benefactor to build the stadium for the club, perhaps to be gifted back to the club? 

“Very generous support of one of our stakeholders” referenced in going concern note. No material uncertainties.

Staff costs up from £1.5m to £4.1m. Directors received £21k. Key management personnel received £211k. Average salary per employee up from £21k to £46k.

Lease commitment of £129k disclosed which looks like a £25k pa lease of something through to 2028.

Very interesting reading! Would like to know more about this massive Turnover jump and also the mysterious Capital Accrual.

Also would like to know why Lesser Hampden wasn’t impaired since it sits empty most weeks and the business is trading at a loss with cash outflows. Classic impairment indicators to me.

Would also like to know why there were no related party transactions reported.

Anyway, that’s from a five minute skim through these, best get back to work! 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005382/filing-history

Edited by Le Tout P'ti FC
Linky

3 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Did they ask her any questions about the mess of the rebuild at Lessor and the Royal Box?

3 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I did email in a question about that but it was not put to her and I didn't hear the stadium mentioned during the bits of the show I managed to catch.  

There was a single, brief, one-sentence mention of "issues with the stadium build and all that malarkey"(!) in a seemingly self-exculpatory context, i.e. she seemed to suggest she'd been responsible for setting us right on the matter, rather than costing the club a six-figure sum (which is my own, limited – and conceivably inaccurate – understanding of the situation).

I've clipped the relevant section of the show, for anyone who's interested:

53 minutes ago, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

There was a single, brief, one-sentence mention of "issues with the stadium build and all that malarkey"(!) in a seemingly self-exculpatory context, i.e. she seemed to suggest she'd been responsible for setting us right on the matter, rather than costing the club a six-figure sum (which is my own, limited – and conceivably inaccurate – understanding of the situation).

I've clipped the relevant section of the show, for anyone who's interested:

So the committee ran the club!

On 01/03/2024 at 13:19, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

The accounts to June 2023 have just been published. Some highlights:

Turnover up to £5.8m, PY £1.4m. What’s going on there? (Turnover of say Killie is £6.4m.)

Loss of £758k. PY £1.084m. So £1.8m loss reported over a 30-month period.

Naming rights for Lesser Hampden have been sold until 2048.

Unqualified audit report provided.

Fixed Assets up to £12.5m following another £8.5m capital expenditure (spend to complete Lesser Hampden being most of that). Overall total spent on buildings now up to £13.2m, which clearly doesn’t buy you that much these days!

Cash burn for year was £635k. Down to £577k left in bank.

Still due to collect another £1.25m from SFA for sale of Hampden.

Deferred income up to £9.3m, was £1.5m. A “capital accrual” has been created for £7.9m which you would presume was money due to a mystery benefactor to build the stadium for the club, perhaps to be gifted back to the club? 

“Very generous support of one of our stakeholders” referenced in going concern note. No material uncertainties.

Staff costs up from £1.5m to £4.1m. Directors received £21k. Key management personnel received £211k. Average salary per employee up from £21k to £46k.

Lease commitment of £129k disclosed which looks like a £25k pa lease of something through to 2028.

Very interesting reading! Would like to know more about this massive Turnover jump and also the mysterious Capital Accrual.

Also would like to know why Lesser Hampden wasn’t impaired since it sits empty most weeks and the business is trading at a loss with cash outflows. Classic impairment indicators to me.

Would also like to know why there were no related party transactions reported.

Anyway, that’s from a five minute skim through these, best get back to work! 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005382/filing-history

Appreciate your efforts and time spent on this; however those that attended the AGM commented on the very points you have raised, a few pages back. 

A little bit off topic, but did anyone buy a kilt when we had our tartan designed in February 2017?

I'd quite like to find out who the manufacturer was to see if there's any way I could get a kilt now, but all the posts seem to have scrubbed from the website.

Edited by RichRJohnstone

Five home games left, Thistle, Rovers, Utd, ICT and Airdrie, with visits to Ayr and Morton, both bogey grounds for us.  

Confident of six points away at Arbroath and Dunfermline, whilst the Airdrie game is a bolt on draw.  League turning into one of two mini-leagues, Promotion and Play-Off spots for the current top four, (maybe if I squint a bit add Airdrie in there too) and the remaining five all getting rather tight (if Arbroath retain their form).  ICT up until last week seemed to be stagnating after the Fergie bounce.

How are we all feeling about the run-in?

The final round of games are almost here with most having played ¾ of their season.  Taking the current league standings and using the average points earned per game by each team’s current manager would produce; 

image.png.0744edbfbc39419cf9dc04e3d909d8b5.png

Clearly this is based on various assumptions which may not remain true making it nothing more than a bit of fun.  Currently Davidson has earned 14pts from 8 games and after Saturday he will have faced everyone in the league.  Repeating that tally from the remaining 9 games would likely see us safe but definitely going to be much tighter than I would like. 

37 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Five home games left, Thistle, Rovers, Utd, ICT and Airdrie, with visits to Ayr and Morton, both bogey grounds for us.  

Confident of six points away at Arbroath and Dunfermline, whilst the Airdrie game is a bolt on draw.  League turning into one of two mini-leagues, Promotion and Play-Off spots for the current top four, (maybe if I squint a bit add Airdrie in there too) and the remaining five all getting rather tight (if Arbroath retain their form).  ICT up until last week seemed to be stagnating after the Fergie bounce.

How are we all feeling about the run-in?

We will embark on a mad winning streak, finishing 4th (on goal difference) with a last day thumping win over Airdrie.

High on momentum, we fly through the play-offs becoming the first 4th place team to win promotion to the big league! 

6 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

We will embark on a mad winning streak, finishing 4th (on goal difference) with a last day thumping win over Airdrie.

High on momentum, we fly through the play-offs becoming the first 4th place team to win promotion to the big league! 

*morning alarm continues to beep*

Wake up CathcartSkins, you’re late for work…. 😁

33 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

*morning alarm continues to beep*

Wake up CathcartSkins, you’re late for work…. 😁

No one on all these mind-altering drugs can possibly have a job!

On 06/03/2024 at 20:01, Hampden Diehard said:

No one on all these mind-altering drugs can possibly have a job!

At my place of work. we are all on those mind-altering drugs.  

And it's a career, not a job.

Going by his Instagram, it seems a very real possibility that Savoury has done his acl again. Picture of his knee bandaged up saying “2nd one” 

Was really looking forward to the prospect of seeing him play last few games but if it is indeed another ACL, you struggle to see where he goes from here in terms of his football career 

Hope I’m completely wrong though 

Edited by qpfc