The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Euan Henderson on loan from Hearts, happy with that. He looked phenomenal for Alloa last season (I still have nightmares about that 4-3 game at Firhill) and I was hoping we might make a move for him before the season started.

Good on his day certainly but I wasn't a fan. Posted this yesterday on the QoS thread when they were linked with him. Henderson is very capable when running at defences and on his day way too good for L1. Have to say I found him hugely frustrating though, seemed disinterested if things weren't going for him and even pulling out of runs if he wasn't sure to get the ball. If he wasn't scoring he wasn't doing anything. Not surprised that he hasn't broken through at Hearts.

Maybe Coyle can get through to him. There is a good player in there. 

2 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Hope so. The squad currently appears to total 21 but definitely seems a little light in certain areas outside the starting 11 🤞

Coyle was told at the start of the season that it would be a zero-cost policy going forward so if that’s still in play, and I’d expect it to be given the amount of cash we’re still donating to the families of building contractors across Glasgow, then he  needs to free up some space before new faces arrive. It’s a positive sign but only works if he gets the replacements. I’ve 100% confidence in Beuker doing his part properly. Tick, tock!

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

Good on his day certainly but I wasn't a fan. Posted this yesterday on the QoS thread when they were linked with him. Henderson is very capable when running at defences and on his day way too good for L1. Have to say I found him hugely frustrating though, seemed disinterested if things weren't going for him and even pulling out of runs if he wasn't sure to get the ball. If he wasn't scoring he wasn't doing anything. Not surprised that he hasn't broken through at Hearts.

Maybe Coyle can get through to him. There is a good player in there. 

I'll be very interested to see how Euan does at QP in the Championship. Don't think I've ever seen a player whose body language could be so poor, laughably bad at times. And yet often he was unplayable and looked like he was going to score or create a chance every time he got the ball.

I don't know QP's formation(s), so it will also be interested to see where he fits into the starting eleven, if indeed he starts regularly; he might better suit coming on when games are more open as he is very quick.

I really hope he does well and maybe earns himself a full time deal.

44 minutes ago, printer said:

Don't think I've ever seen a player whose body language could be so poor, laughably bad at times. And yet often he was unplayable and looked like he was going to score or create a chance every time he got the ball.

Very mixed sentence but you never know what a new manager might say to a player and he'll be playing along side better players which should get the best out of him. Will be very intriguing to see how this transfer plays out.

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Coyle was told at the start of the season that it would be a zero-cost policy going forward so if that’s still in play, and I’d expect it to be given the amount of cash we’re still donating to the families of building contractors across Glasgow, then he  needs to free up some space before new faces arrive. It’s a positive sign but only works if he gets the replacements. I’ve 100% confidence in Beuker doing his part properly. Tick, tock!

Ending Naismith's contract early is a bit of good business imo and at the very least must have released a reasonable wage. 

You'll not get many Hearts fans saying it, probably because we've went up a level, but I'm a big fan of Henderson so I hope he goes and does well for himself.

He's lightning quick, strong, direct and a great finisher. If he can sort out the mental side, where he maybe doesn't believe in himself,  he'll do well. 

To add to the video evidence…

image.thumb.png.9e606fc5a38990311d6b67cae3a3eb73.png

Tuesday’s game should have a strong starting line-up. We were on a terrific run and have gone off the boil, which imho is due in large part to our stable starting line-up not starting regularly. After two weeks without a game we were very, very sluggish yesterday and the big names just weren’t firing. By contrast, Dundee who had a very good win on Tuesday were up for it for the full ninety minutes. No more experiments please. We have doctors and dieticians who can decide who needs rest and who needs to train but they should all be ready for a match. 

As a Frenchwoman on a campsite in Luxembourg once told me…

Nous avons toute la vie pour nous amuser, nous avons toute la mort pour nous reposer

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Tuesday’s game should have a strong starting line-up. We were on a terrific run and have gone off the boil, which imho is due in large part to our stable starting line-up not starting regularly. After two weeks without a game we were very, very sluggish yesterday and the big names just weren’t firing. 

I've now changed my mind on this and tend to agree with you. Strongest starting line up for me on Tuesday now. We need to play our way out this slight dip and get the sharpness and confidence up for Friday. However, a bit like Dundee, I think Ayr have shown they have our number and imo we may need some kind of tactical tinkering. 

Edited by mcjameos

2 hours ago, mcjameos said:

I've now changed my mind on this and tend to agree with you. Strongest starting line up for me on Tuesday now. We need to play our way out this slight dip and get the sharpness and confidence up for Friday. However, a bit like Dundee, I think Ayr have shown they have our number and imo we may need some kind of tactical tinkering. 

I Think the Ayr game is of more importance as they're a point behind us so I would like us to rest a few for the ICT game and play our strongest side against Ayr 

15 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Hearing rumblings that Murray is going to Ross County.

I know County aren't exactly poor, but if we do let him go this window then it'd have to be for a very decent fee. Not sure I'd even be confident of us finishing in the top 4 without him at this rate. They also just signed Brophy, who scored at the weekend there.