The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Murray might go at the end of the season. If we offer him a one year extension and someone else offers him two years, he’ll be offski. He’s bargaining with a strong hand.

Queen’s Park has been good for Simon Murray and Simon Murray has been good for Queen’s Park. I’m in the “give him what he wants, as long as he’s not taking the piss” camp. It’s not just goals and being a general pest up front, it’s his presence and influence around the club.

Would love to see him still here when we get back to the Southside, although I’m aware that it’d be unusual for a player to play into their early 60s. 

On 28/01/2023 at 00:07, mcjameos said:

Ending Naismith's contract early is a bit of good business imo and at the very least must have released a reasonable wage. 

He turned down St Mirren to come to us, so I think you'll be right.

The guy didn't look the part, albeit he didn't get much game time.

23 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

He turned down St Mirren to come to us, so I think you'll be right.

The guy didn't look the part, albeit he didn't get much game time.

Didn't know that but yeah looked well off the pace. 

Daily record reporting now that we seem to have won the race to sign Connor shields on loan. Genuinely don’t have a clue where he fits considering we have Euan Henderson and Murray up top but will be nice to have options going into some crucial games 

4 hours ago, Seeker said:

Queens Park fixture list dates! What a joke.

I can't believe how much they get pandered to.  Arbroath are a part time club in a relegation scramble.  Playing on Friday nights completely ruins our schedule, with our players having to work etc.  Why should we be put at a disadvantage because Queens are taking 20 years to build a giant hospitality box with a pitch attached?

13 minutes ago, an86 said:

Murray, Henderson and Shields a very handy set of options at Championship level. Might do Williamson good to go out and get some game time. 

Was thinking the same thing regarding Williamson. Would love to see how he would get on at a team in league 1 or top end league 2 for a few months. I really like him as a footballer and he’s generally handled the huge step up a lot better than I anticipated. He just needs a run of games at a decent level in him

Edited by qpfc

McPake is heavily rumoured to be away down to Chesterfield in the National League (I think). Rangers are very keen to sell. 

Nothing would shock me but I canny see us selling Murray on the final day of the window that would just be bizarre 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You lads only really play with one striker don’t you? 

Shields seems an odd one unless Murray is away. Or McPake has been sold to another team. 

McPake leaving seems the most likely option. Going by Twitter, Rangers are very eager to sell him permanently and equally, he is constantly being linked with numerous teams down south. Shields reportedly wants to join a team that would actually play him up top instead of wide so I’m assuming Euan Henderson would play out wide in the scenario that McPake does depart tomorrow

Edited by qpfc