The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

27 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

I know I'm stating the obvious, but couldn't they just use the rest of the space down that side for a stand/terracing?

Earmarked for the servants' quarters, allegedly.

Edited by ExiledLichtie
They are legion.

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

I know I'm stating the obvious, but couldn't they just use the rest of the space down that side for a stand/terracing?

That would appear to have been the sensible option, yes. 

2 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

They claim that the newly built hospitality suite attached to the directors stand, which can be rented out for functions etc will bring in more revenue than ticket sales for football matches.

They may be right, but we're a football club, that plays football matches, and now that we're in the Championship we don't have enough space for all the people that want to buy tickets.

They could still have had a “hospitality suite” but attach it to something with more than 40 seats 

Just now, Mediocre Pundit said:

Genuine question - what does the new hospitality suite do that couldn’t have been done in the building in the corner with the existing balcony seats?

Ruins any possibility of having a stand on that side of the ground. Other than that, no clue.

2 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Genuine question - what does the new hospitality suite do that couldn’t have been done in the building in the corner with the existing balcony seats?

Nothing, but it means we now have 2 hospitality spaces (1st and 2nd class) and therefore more income from hospitality.

2 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

I believe that because the new directors stand is elevated it would block the view of part of the pitch for anyone on that side.

33 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

They could still have had a “hospitality suite” but attach it to something with more than 40 seats 

Yes but then the 'directors' would have to mix with the common folk.

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

Yes but then the 'directors' would have to mix with the common folk.

Maybe we should run a competition to name the little stand.

What about "House of Blazer"

Or "Not the People's Palace"

Or "Far from the Madding Crowd"

I wouldn’t say that Haughey's Trough is for hospitality, more like entertaining. By the time you take in the directors (all 11 Committee members are Directors of the limited company) of both clubs playing, Main Sponsor and friends, other sponsors and friends, CEO & DoF and hingers-on, that’s your 40 seats gone. 

14 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

They claim that the newly built hospitality suite attached to the directors stand, which can be rented out for functions etc will bring in more revenue than ticket sales for football matches.

They may be right, but we're a football club, that plays football matches, and now that we're in the Championship we don't have enough space for all the people that want to buy tickets.

image.thumb.png.d009324345726d052b336ff29e6703ed.png

Language is a bit vague but “events” would normally be taken as stadium events e.g. music concert etc. Functions e.g. weddings, parties etc wouldn’t qualify. I’d expect those to be in the two lounges in the Pavilion. So really, other than a few hours every other Saturday Haughey’s Howf will be vacant.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

11 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

image.thumb.png.d009324345726d052b336ff29e6703ed.png

Language is a bit vague but “events” would normally be taken as stadium events e.g. music concert etc. Functions e.g. weddings, parties etc wouldn’t qualify. I’d expect those to be in the two lounges in the Pavilion. So really, other than a few hours every other Saturday Haughey’s Howf will be vacant.

Well that just makes the whole situation even more frustrating.