Champions League 2022/23

Coooombe

9 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

It's going to melt this and the EPL topics if you have to watch Grealo lift the trophies.

Fuckin' braw.

I was previously indifferent to Grealz, but seeing the pain every good performance causes Satoshi I’ve now changed my mind and am up on my feet screaming ‘COME ON JACK’ whenever he gets the ball, punching the air at every goal or assist.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

10 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I was previously indifferent to Grealz, but seeing the pain every good performance causes Satoshi I’ve now changed my mind and am up on my feet screaming ‘COME ON JACK’ whenever he gets the ball, punching the air at every goal or assist.

Eh? Couldn't care less about Grealish tbh.

His record of goals and assists is pretty poor by city standards (even if better than his woeful first season) so don't think you'll be punching the air very much.

He has four fewer goals than Gundogan, who plays far deeper in midfield.

Funny people have a hardon for him though, never mind there have been far better players at man city this season.

He may get a 'most improved' award but that's only because he was imposter level terrible in his first season. In an actual City player of the year, would he even make the top 5?

Edited by Satoshi

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

His record of goals and assists is pretty poor by city standards (even if better than his woeful first season) so don't think you'll be punching the air every much.

Funny people have a hardon for him though, never mind there have been far better players at man city this season.

He may get a 'most improved' award but that's only because he was imposter level terrible in his first season. In an actual City player of the year, would he even make the top 5?

Why do you always quarrel with people?

We’re all Scottish soccer fans. Be kind.

Edited by Theroadlesstravelled

59 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Why do you always quarrel with people?

We’re all Scottish soccer fans. Be kind.

No quarrel here, I wouldn't have even responded to the post if my name wasn't mentioned.

If bonsky wants to wear his Jack Grealish PJ's and hang his posters on his wall that's his (sad) business.

I don't even find him a particularly annoying player, he's just an ok one in an excellent side. Bruno Fernandes (rightly) gets far more stick on this site for acting like a w****r but there's no one out there white knighting him.

20 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

It's going to melt this and the EPL topics if you have to watch Grealo lift the trophies.

Fuckin' braw.

I love you Derry but I can’t stand that low-sock wearing diving b*****d. Would make me sick him having won a CL medal. 

22 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

I SHOULD hate City. I WANT to hate City. 

But I dont think I can hate a team that contains De Bruyne, Gundogan and Bernardo Silva. Fantastic players. Christ, even Grealish and Stones look a cut above right now.

I feel dirty.

14 hours ago, throbber said:

I feel about the same but what a team. It’s just like Barcelona in 2011 when they seem so much better than anyone else, Real Madrid didn’t offer much but they were completely bullied all over the park by a far better team.

People are quick to complain about the money but that only gets you so far, they have recruited very well over the years which can’t be said for some other big spenders.

And there's your sports-washing right there.

City are vile.

Their fans love to make the 'other teams spend money too' and you can't talk to a City fan for more than thirty seconds without them referring to 'net-spend'.

However, this is disingenuous in the extreme. City's wealth allows them to spend massively on infrastructure. It allows them to keep players. Pretty much any other cub you name, including fucking Barcelona, have lost players against their will. City haven't. The wealth they have (which is essentially limitless) allows them to plan years ahead. By this point you'd expect them to have a well-managed net-spend. That's what happens when you've had a decade of unlimited funds to develop your fitba club (project).

That wealth also allows them to cheat the regulations and just lawyer their way out of it.

Add in that they play in a very strong league (an advantage they have over PSG) and you have the perfect scenario to build an amazing team. It's not really surprising that City have succeeded where PSG haven't.

Of course they're very good. But f**k them and all who sail in them. They are utter, utter c***s.

Edited by VincentGuerin

I’ve never been a big fan of Grealish but he’s been very effective for City this season. He now looks like one of their key players. Obviously Haaland is the main difference to what was already a very good team, but they have so many great attacking options. Being able to bring on Mahrez, Foden and Alvarez from the bench shows that.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

City are vile.

Their fans love to make the 'other teams spend money too' and you can't talk to a City fan for more than thirty seconds without them referring to 'net-spend'.

However, this is disingenuous in the extreme. City's wealth allows them to spend massively on infrastructure. It allows them to keep players. Pretty much any other cub you name, including fucking Barcelona, have lost players against their will. City haven't. The wealth they have (which is essentially limitless) allows them to plan years ahead. By this point you'd expect them to have a well-managed net-spend. That's what happens when you've had a decade of unlimited funds to develop your fitba club (project).

That wealth also allows them to cheat the regulations and just lawyer their way out of it.

Add in that they play in a very strong league (an advantage they have over PSG) and you have the perfect scenario to build an amazing team. It's not really surprising that City have succeeded where PSG haven't.

Of course they're very good. But f**k them and all who sail in them. They are utter, utter c***s.

Any “net spend” figures for Man City are worthless since they sponsor themselves via a host of third party companies.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I’ve never been a big fan of Grealish but he’s been very effective for City this season. He now looks like one of their key players. Obviously Haaland is the main difference to what was already a very good team, but they have so many great attacking options. Being able to bring on Mahrez, Foden and Alvarez from the bench shows that.

A hulking striker and playing four CBs with another physical monster screening in front of them. If Josep Guardiola was called Joe Gardner etc etc

5 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

City are vile.

It's kind of interesting to look at them as a case study of How to be a Football Club. They are the super club and have set the standard in pretty much every single aspect of elite football. It's just a shame that that project is, and always will be, incredibly tainted, although the football fan in me still finds them irresistible to watch.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I think 'effective' is a good word to describe him. Much of the individual flair that got him noticed at Villa has been coached out of him, but there's no doubt his all-round game has improved in the last year.

You wont see him beat a couple of players and fire it into the top corner very often anymore, but he hardly ever gives the ball away, usually makes the right decisions and does the defensive stuff you need to do in the top teams.

13 hours ago, Satoshi said:

His record of goals and assists is pretty poor by city standards (even if better than his woeful first season) so don't think you'll be punching the air very much.

Took him time to adapt to playing in Pep’s system alongside star players like KDB & Haaland, as opposed to being the main man in a Dean Smith side with McGinn & Watkins. Not that unsurprising really.

Reminder that the bald fraud has had more money spent on him for players than any other manager in the history of football.

Reminder that despite this, he has not won the Champions League in 12 years.

Reminder that he has never won a single trophy as an underdog in his entire career.

Reminder that he is a proven drug cheat.

Reminder that he is bald beyond belief.

On 18/05/2023 at 13:48, Jacky1990 said:

Any player who wears those stupid little shin guards and socks down below their calf bother me more than they should.

See Luke Shaw (a defender ffs!), Olly McBurnie and Todd Cantwell as other notable offenders.

Didn't Jack McMillan win POTY for your team this season? He's fond of the low socks and chewing gum packet shin guards

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Didn't Jack McMillan win POTY for your team this season? He's fond of the low socks and chewing gum packet shin guards

You are quite right. An unfortunate annoyance of mine for a player i really like.

Someome should have a word. 

Up there with short sleeves and gloves combo. Just plain wrong.

11 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Took him time to adapt to playing in Pep’s system alongside star players like KDB & Haaland, as opposed to being the main man in a Dean Smith side with McGinn & Watkins. Not that unsurprising really.

Yeah so he had a shocker of a first season and an ok second season when his output is still fairly average and no where near the best in the team? Seems a fairly accurate assessment.

He still isn't a regular starter for England, struggling behind world class attacking players like, er, Mason Mount and Raheem Sterling.

Surprised you picked out Watkins and McGinn who are both having great seasons and are excellent performers at this level. Both have probably benefited from selfish Grealish leaving.

He's a bit of a strange footballer really, burst onto the scene with great fanfare and Jack Charlton comparisons. Had two inconsistent seasons in the premier league, the latter resulting in relegation, followed by three seasons in the championship (with fairly average attacking numbers). His best goalscoring season, by far, was on Villas return to the premier league where he managed 8 league goals.

This isn't the career path of a superstar and it's a bit of a surprise it led to a £100m deal (after city failed to get Kane). He's now being praised for being tactically disciplined whilst still lacking any great attacking numbers? All a bit weird.

Sure pretty much everyone at Man City would have far rather signed Kvaratskhelia for 1/10 of the price, no doubt he looks a far better player.

Grealish loves a night out and was a regular at the Benjamin Mendy parties, wouldn't be a big surprise if his peak isn't that long.

But Walker has been a total radge throughout his career (Inc recent public flashing whilst drunk) and he has managed to keep playing at a high level well into his 30s so who knows.

15 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Reminder that the bald fraud has had more money spent on him for players than any other manager in the history of football.

Reminder that despite this, he has not won the Champions League in 12 years.

Reminder that he has never won a single trophy as an underdog in his entire career.

Reminder that he is a proven drug cheat.

Reminder that he is bald beyond belief.

He isn’t bald behind belief, he actually has a bit of hair left but a massive bald patch so he shaves his head for it to look uniform. Bald beyond belief would be Colina the Italian ref. Or Gail Porter.