Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

What do the B teams usually charge? I'd have thought it would be minimal given how little impact it would have on budgets of these clubs and they must be desperate to attract fans along given how much they talk about how they want these games to be 'competitive environment.' 

Hearts only charged £5 for adults last year at Rosewell, not that it really helped crowds by the looks of things. Not sure about the uglies B teams last season.

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Hearts only charged £5 for adults last year at Rosewell, not that it really helped crowds by the looks of things. Not sure about the uglies B teams last season.

It was £5/£2 last season and Hearts are keeping the same pricing for this season at Ainslie Park (free for the first game of the season).  Their prices were the lowest in the league, although Caledonian Braves implemented a pay what you can scheme in September last year due to the cost of living crisis.

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It was £5/£2 last season and Hearts are keeping the same pricing for this season at Ainslie Park (free for the first game of the season).  Their prices were the lowest in the league, although Caledonian Braves implemented a pay what you can scheme in September last year due to the cost of living crisis.

Suppose the Jambos can afford a cheaper price as it’s just their B side and not their bread and butter.

I think they have potential to get half decent crowds on a Friday night at Ainslie.

Braves are a strange club the guy who owns them must be footing all the bills given their crowds and the donation thing.

12 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

They were getting far better crowds than WW though who were charging the normal for the EOS. A bit of a funding gap for WW to make up this year.

13 minutes ago, roy of the rovers said:

I see that Hearts B trounced Gretna 2008 7-0 in tonight's opener!

Yes. I was there.  It was a pretty impressive display despite the opposition not being the strongest.  Hearts still fielded a young side with three 16 year olds playing most of the game.  They have another four players from last season who are still eligible, three of whom are injured and one is with the first team. 

I'd estimate there being around 350 there.

Gretna's David Cox lost the head at one point triggering a mass brawl, which ended up with the ref showing four yellow cards.

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Same guy who walked out at Stenny during a game? 

Mon the papers

He left the ground at half time playing for Albion Rovers after one of the Stenhousemuir players told him he "should have done it right the first time" referring to his failed suicide attempt

He left the ground with the full support of his team mates and the club

Edited by Chris_the_rover

57 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I'm sure it wasn't his fault. 

Again.

Seen him lose his head In a game for Cambuslang against Clydebank calling the ref all sorts cos he didn't agree with ref and was sent off. Shocking fae someone who's had troubles in past talk 2 another human being like this.

Mon the papers

2 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

He left the ground at half time playing for Albion Rovers after one of the Stenhousemuir players told him he "should have done it right the first time" referring to his failed suicide attempt

He left the ground with the full support of his team mates

Yeah I remember and rightly so for him 2 walk out. No 1 should ever talk 2 another person like this ever.  

Mon the papers

Just now, leomessi1984 said:

Hearts B will be better this season. The crop of players are highly thought of this year.

Gretna would have been hoping for improvement given signings but looks like a long season ahead again for them.

Their got Liam Fox as their manager though😀

37 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Hearts B will be better this season. The crop of players are highly thought of this year.

Gretna would have been hoping for improvement given signings but looks like a long season ahead again for them.

With all due respect to Gretna, their signings have been largely underwhelming, and reflect their appeal. It is of course worth saying that they have a limited pool to choose from given their location.

18 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

With all due respect to Gretna, their signings have been largely underwhelming, and reflect their appeal. It is of course worth saying that they have a limited pool to choose from given their location.

Seen them at Threave 1st friendly; not impressed one bit.

Their location is actually quite good my friend being right on the Cumbrian border and only 5 mins from Carlisle. They are not in an isolated part of D&G, being right on the M74 they are only an hour or so from Central Belt.

But they dont seem to be a draw. Get the impression not that much liked around D&G area.