Broxburn Athletic

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

It’s your team, so you will know more than me. But, he was in charge of team with beat HoB 3-1. Can’t remember reason why Pittman left last time? Was it to go to a better/different team, or was he sacked? 

There was maybe a case to be made to keep McNaughton on for the rest of the season to limp through it... but in honesty it was probably right to let him go as he was part of the management team that saw the team on a pretty poor run of form.

He was in charge for the defeat at Blackburn where the 2nd half performance was awful.

He was helped out by his dad for the win over HoB... yes the 2nd half was impressive in that one, but I suspect the appointment of Pitman had already been made by then (he was at the game).

I wasn't able to make it down to Ayrshire due to a few things going on...

Sounds like it was a decent first half effort followed by a 2nd half battering.

Anything from today's performance to give some optimism with 3 very winnable games coming up next?

3 minutes ago, albynpark said:

I thinking that was our heaviest defeat? Since 1947 anyway.  I'm struggling to think of getting beat by more. 

I think our biggest win was 11-0 vs Spartans but there is probably a bigger one

You also lost 7-0 the last time you played Talbot. 2013 in the Junior Cup

1 hour ago, albynpark said:

Tynecastle where deserved winners, the score didn't flatter them. Well done

Yep. First half was quite even. Broxburn maybe slightly edged it, but won a lot of corners without actually creating chances.

Second half was a bit of a mauling as Tynecastle were sharper to everything and totally took advantage of all the space Broxburn gave them.

Broxburn made it quite easy for them, but if they keep playing like that, they should be comfortably safe.

4 hours ago, albynpark said:

Tynecastle where deserved winners, the score didn't flatter them. Well done

Agreed.  Once we gifted them a couple of goals they got their tails up. With the dross that’s been brought in by the previous management I’m not so sure we can stay up.

Two weeks in a row they have folded like a pack of cards. No leadership on the park and from what I can see precious little team spirit.  

Next two games are crucial and need 6 points otherwise I think we will be relying on Edinburgh Uni to stay up in the LL or Lithgae to win the play-off.

Poor form and remembering that a 4th side could go down... it is starting to look a bit concerning. Surely it has to be 6 points from the next 2 games... anything else would be unthinkable. And 6 points should just about be enough... maybe 3 or 4 more for a cushion. 

It really is about getting through this season remaining a Premier side and then put something together for next season. 

Screenshot_20230212_065500_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Poor form and remembering that a 4th side could go down... it is starting to look a bit concerning. Surely it has to be 6 points from the next 2 games... anything else would be unthinkable. And 6 points should just about be enough... maybe 3 or 4 more for a cushion. 

It really is about getting through this season remaining a Premier side and then put something together for next season. 

Screenshot_20230212_065500_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looking at the table,  35 points would keep us clear of 4th bottom and safety. A good chance ( but no doubt it will be difficult) to pick up 6 of the 10 required. Would then need 4 from 8 games still looking okay.  A slip up in either of the next two makes it more difficult to get to 35. 

The next two games are gonna be so tough. Both sides have just never got going this season, but guaranteed both are looking at the Broxburn fixture thinking, you know, these guys are really off form, if we keep it tight...

We SHOULD win both. But I'd have thought the same about yesterday. Gonna be two tricky games and if any of the standard sloppiness comes into either game it could go badly.