I'll just leave this here for you guys.

Lowland League Play Off First Leg
🆚  Broxburn Athletic FC
🏟️ Islecroft Stadium, Dalbeattie 
📆  Saturday 18th May
⏱️ K.O 3pm
🎟️ Adult £5
      Concessions £3
⏰🍻🥧 Turnstiles, Bar & Pie Shop Open from 2pm!

£5 entry a big winner these days.

3 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I'll just leave this here for you guys.

Lowland League Play Off First Leg
🆚  Broxburn Athletic FC
🏟️ Islecroft Stadium, Dalbeattie 
📆  Saturday 18th May
⏱️ K.O 3pm
🎟️ Adult £5
      Concessions £3
⏰🍻🥧 Turnstiles, Bar & Pie Shop Open from 2pm!

2 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

£5 entry a big winner these days.

I would like to think Broxburn will reciprocate

On 10/05/2024 at 13:03, HibeeJibee said:

I see why some foresee a thrashing... Kelty blew Threave away 10-0 on aggregate... Tranent humiliated St Cuthbert at home 7-0... Dalbeattie got humped 6-0 by Banks o'Dee; 6-1 by Gretna; 6-2 by Craigmark... but it'll be tighter IMO.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524nruk1a6bw4rwrxskq

30 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I now have a favourite tune thanks to the Broxburn Young Team who took up residency in Star's quaint wee stand.

My head is now full of;

'Dalbeattie's a shitehole I want to go home.'

Thanks for that boys.

The older supporters had a more favourable view of Dalbeattie. Might of been the sunshine, we where made very welcome in the Kings arm hotel.

Some sore heads tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, albynpark said:

The older supporters had a more favourable view of Dalbeattie. Might of been the sunshine, we where made very welcome in the Kings arm hotel.

Some sore heads tomorrow. 

The constant barrage did get a bit grating at times, would have been nice for them to have given us 10 mins of peace at some point. 🙉

I did hear some Broxy's say it was The Rangers to blame, as the boys had planned to be at Tynecastle celebrating the 56. Thankfully, Tynecastles loss was our gain. Still whistling along to the little ditty.

Someone needs to get it on YouTube.

I think The Birchtree round the corner has a wee disco on to late.

Dalbeattie ain't my town I'm closer to Kirkcudbright. Just go there for the Rose Garden Chinese top of the High Street.

Good performance from the Brox, stayed professional despite the gulf between the 2 teams.

I do a rambling match report on the South Forum of the bigger games, like to keep it light but try to be honest with my comments.

Travelled down to take this in as a neutral today. Broxburn looked the much better side overall (as expected). Former Clyde reject marky Munro had a solid game and I hadn’t realised you had Alassan jones, who always caught the eye for Bo’ness when i saw them.

Goal of the game scored by the Dalbeattie number 11 though, absolute belter. 

42 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

How's Andy Black been? He was an excellent, combative midfielder for us at Kelty whilst we won L2 but seemed to drop off at EK then Gartcairn. Presumed fitness issues.

I presume he has fitness issues. Haven't seen much of him.

Cracking scoreline yesterday! Job 75% done (we know not to believe it until 2nd leg is done)

Gutted to have missed it (although having myself a cracking time in Istanbul including taking in a Besiktas match) it seems Broxburn were on top for most of the game.

Will be back on Friday to hopefully see the lads finish the job.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

How's Andy Black been? He was an excellent, combative midfielder for us at Kelty whilst we won L2 but seemed to drop off at EK then Gartcairn. Presumed fitness issues.

Hardly played at all. Couple of sub appearances... and I think one start in a cup match. Looks to be carrying a bit of extra weight, but I never saw him at his L2 peak to know if that's a normal look for him. 

On 19/05/2024 at 11:50, Jordi1977 said:

Hardly played at all. Couple of sub appearances... and I think one start in a cup match. Looks to be carrying a bit of extra weight, but I never saw him at his L2 peak to know if that's a normal look for him. 

It's a normal look for you though- especially after that cake and baklava :P

Good wishes to all the Dalbeattie Star people at the game tonight. Such a distance and a long trip home, total admiration for those that have traveled. Hopefully your team will do well (in defeat) and you get home happy and safely

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, albynpark said:

Good wishes to all the Dalbeattie Star people at the game tonight. Such a distance and a long trip home, total admiration for those that have traveled. Hopefully your team will do well (in defeat) and you get home happy and safely

Sort of journey they made every second week in the Lowland League, it becomes tiresome after a year or two. Am sure some of the players had to take an hour or two of work for tonight.

The Broxburn support at Dalbeattie was bigger than any away support i ever seen at Dalbeattie during the LL days. Well done.

Had to work today so couldn't be bothered coming up.

Edited by Sermani

A thoroughly convincing 8-1 win for Broxburn tonight against Dalbeattie. A long trip home for the Dalbeattie guys tonight.

They did well taking an early lead, but by the time Broxburn got in front and then the Star keeper got sent off, it was all over as a contest. 

Star keeper made a few decent saves. With the aggregate score at 8-2, he committed to a bit of a late/silly challenge and got sent off. Sub keeper then went on to produce a few decent saves in the 2nd half too.

Dalbeattie kept going. Credit to them. But really, there was a huge and obvious difference in the standard between both sides.

Upwards to the Lowland League for next season and looking forward to watching Brox navigate a new challenge. 

37 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

A thoroughly convincing 8-1 win for Broxburn tonight against Dalbeattie. A long trip home for the Dalbeattie guys tonight.

They did well taking an early lead, but by the time Broxburn got in front and then the Star keeper got sent off, it was all over as a contest. 

Star keeper made a few decent saves. With the aggregate score at 8-2, he committed to a bit of a late/silly challenge and got sent off. Sub keeper then went on to produce a few decent saves in the 2nd half too.

Dalbeattie kept going. Credit to them. But really, there was a huge and obvious difference in the standard between both sides.

Upwards to the Lowland League for next season and looking forward to watching Brox navigate a new challenge. 

After the initial early shock a thoroughly professional performance by Broxburn.  Good luck to Dalbeattie next season and to Broxburn in the Lowland League next season.

I saw a bit of the game tonight and was also there when you beat Luncarty in March (6-0 I think) so Broxburn have certainly looked good when I've seen them. Please excuse my ignorance of your team, but who is the baldy number 15 that sits in front of the defence? He was an absolute standout last time I was there and also good from what I saw tonight. Certainly looked like a player who had played at a higher level.

Well done on a well-deserved promotion, and good to see the pyramid starting to take the shape we'd all probably have expected.

16 minutes ago, Socks said:

I saw a bit of the game tonight and was also there when you beat Luncarty in March (6-0 I think) so Broxburn have certainly looked good when I've seen them. Please excuse my ignorance of your team, but who is the baldy number 15 that sits in front of the defence? He was an absolute standout last time I was there and also good from what I saw tonight. Certainly looked like a player who had played at a higher level.

Well done on a well-deserved promotion, and good to see the pyramid starting to take the shape we'd all probably have expected.

Lewis Turner. He was a bit part player for Bonnyrigg in their promotion season, then had short spells at Gretna and Penicuik before joining Broxburn.  He works his socks off, but has a tendency to pick up a few yellow cards.