Glastonbury

BigDoddyKane

On 25/06/2023 at 20:32, Donathan said:

Emily Eavis already said two of the three headliners are women. So I think it’s Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Foo Fighters. 

Taylor Swift now playing Dublin for the entire weekend of Glasto 24 so she won't be happening. 

• 8 months later...
4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It's that time of year again for me to moan about the line up being shit. Maybe it is getting worse every year or maybe I'm getting older every year. Or maybe both.

Anyway, it's shit.

image.thumb.png.e500a36116b2774eb57337f8405e39e3.png

The Corrine Bailey Rae set - what's that? Just one song? And the most boring song in music history at that.

11 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

It's that time of year again for me to moan about the line up being shit. Maybe it is getting worse every year or maybe I'm getting older every year. Or maybe both.

Anyway, it's shit.

image.thumb.png.e500a36116b2774eb57337f8405e39e3.png

Pyramid stage is awful (PJ Harvey excluded) but other than that it’s not actually too bad. 

• 3 months later...
On 14/03/2024 at 21:01, MazzyStar said:

Pyramid stage is awful (PJ Harvey excluded) but other than that it’s not actually too bad. 

PJ Harvey’s set is on the iPlayer now and it’s absolutely magnificent.  She’s a genius. 

32 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

PJ Harvey’s set is on the iPlayer now and it’s absolutely magnificent.  She’s a genius. 

The only artist to win 2 mercury prizes. 

Edited by MazzyStar

There’s not a single thing you could tell me, good or bad, about Paul Heaton that would surprise me.  Some of the best singles of the 80s and some of the worst of the 2000s. 

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s not a single thing you could tell me, good or bad, about Paul Heaton that would surprise me.  Some of the best singles of the 80s and some of the worst of the 2000s. 

Paul Heaton’s got 9 testicles 

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

LCD Soundsystem sound amazing. So looking forward to them playing the Barras on Sunday 

Never really paid attention to them before but they were great. Better than the mindless pop that’s on now. Anyone with backing dancers should be disqualified from playing Glastonbury.

Tuned in to BBC IPlayer at midday to watch Squeeze. They didn’t show it. No highlights either.

Dua Lipa, who I'm watching now and realising for the first time that I have actually heard several of her songs, is advert music. And seems to be putting on a performance for the television rather than anyone actually there. I don't get it.

Idles were good and their antics might ruffle some feathers but I wouldn't expect anything else from them. The boy Flynn must have been shtting himself, I know I would be.