Glastonbury

BigDoddyKane

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Had a conversation with Mrs P. If you rule out anyone who has headlined before, who could the 2024 headliners be? Taylor Swift? Harry Styles? Has Lady Gaga ever done it? Who is big enough, has the ‘headliner’ look that hasn’t already done it?

My guess is that the organisers are praying big time for an Oasis reunion. 

Give it one more big album from them and my shout out is for the magnificent Wolf Alice.

Isn’t the big secret set normally an indication of headlining the following year?

Emily Eavis already said two of the three headliners are women. So I think it’s Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Foo Fighters. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Who are the new oldies? U2 must be due a go again. The likes of REM reforming? 

I have no idea , REM ain't happening. Would be happy with the PSB somewhere but as I won't get tickets anyway it's moo.

10 hours ago, throbber said:

I didn’t like Arctic’s monkeys set either tbh, I was wanting to post something on Twitter which sunmed them up perfectly but I can’t find it now. Basically the audience want some nostalgia when seeing them but the band have moved on and changed their style and sound as they’ve aged which doesn’t appeal to a good percentage of the audience who aren’t following them every step of the way. Alex turner was still acting like a pretentious wallopper who was murdering his own songs though. 

Texas looked good but I can’t stop thinking about her having a hairy bush based on a post I saw on here once.

There was a real lack of energy and any sort of engagement with the crowd from Alex Turner. His constant stretching out of the lyrics and generally changing the tempo ruined the set for me. I thought they were really poor.

5 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

He's still got it. 

Superb so far, but will maybe tail off after these five opening songs, because he doesn’t have much of a deep back catalogue to dip into. 😜😎