Glastonbury

BigDoddyKane

8 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Rick Astley is honestly hitting National Treasure levels, he gets it, but runs with it & produces great entertainment while everyone sings along.

He shows he’s a decent singer, willing to cover any genre. Somebody that was in the right place at the right time & has made the best of it.

But as Billy Idol said*, during the Gen Sex set, about Jones & Cook. ‘You don’t have to be the world’s greatest, but can come up with memorable stuff that lasts the test of time’.

Obviously said from the heart, but came across as a slight & the crowd burst out laughing.🙊🙉😂🤣😂

Edited by kiddy

24 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Rick Astley and Blossoms were absolutely fucking superb.  

Old Mozz is probably seething about it, but it really is done with complete sincerity and revere.  It was indeed great. 

6 minutes ago, kiddy said:

He shows he’s a decent singer, willing to cover any genre. Somebody that was in the right place at the right time & has made the best of it.

But as Billy Idol said*, during the Gen Sex set, about Jones & Cook. ‘You don’t have to be the world’s greatest, but can come up with memorable stuff that lasts the test of time’.

Obviously said from the heart, but came across as a slight & the crowd burst out laughing.🙊🙉😂🤣😂

Given Billys "singing" that was a bit rich, but I will forgive him anything for rescuing My Way.

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Given Billys "singing" that was a bit rich, but I will forgive him anything for rescuing My Way.

I thought his singing was fine, ok he’s not Lydon on the Pistols tracks. But it is what it is. Generally, like a few at Glasto, they improved as the set went on. Just as well they didn’t go into any of Tony James Sputnik back catalogue though! #ShootItUp 😂🤣😂

Edited by kiddy

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Old Mozz is probably seething about it, but it really is done with complete sincerity and revere.  It was indeed great. 

Think most were expecting cheesy pish, but made to eat their words.

2 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I thought his singing was fine, ok he’s not Lydon on the Pistols tracks. But it is what it is. Generally, like a few at Glasto, they improved as the set went on. Just as well they didn’t go into any of Tony James Sputnik back catalogue though! #ShootItUp 😂🤣😂

Yeah to be fair he did get better as the set went on, must be difficult doing another bands songs but he nailed GSTQ.

I was looking forward to seeing Guns N Roses. It was okay, but it was a pain that Axl wasn’t rocking the trademark bandana and kilt. Shame that he can’t hit the high notes any more either.

I like seeing the nostalgia acts like them, The Pretenders, Manic Street Preachers, etc. even Texas, but it just reminds me how people look great in their 20s then decline over time and that we’ll all be dead soon. Cheery stuff. Ah well, it’s a short life, might as well get on living it.

20 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Dig at myself from the "You've changed throbber" from a few weeks back.

I have no idea what you are talking an hour. But like I said when it comes to festivals people don’t want change from the headliners, they want what they are used to from said band and that’s why the arctic monkeys changing their style went down so badly. I don’t think I’ve seen a single positive comment about their set.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have no idea what you are talking an hour. But like I said when it comes to festivals people don’t want change from the headliners, they want what they are used to from said band and that’s why the arctic monkeys changing their style went down so badly. I don’t think I’ve seen a single positive comment about their set.

Because they were boring.   You can’t be boring.  Bad, yes, but not boring.  

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

We seem to be at cross purposes here, I think that Arctic Monkeys have been dreary & boring from the minute that Alex Turner met Josh Homme & somehow decided there and then to be the most pretensious twat on the Planet.

10 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

We seem to be at cross purposes here, I think that Arctic Monkeys have been dreary & boring from the minute that Alex Turner met Josh Homme & somehow decided there and then to be the most pretensious twat on the Planet.

4ED8C400-E34B-49FB-B041-BBA4DDFF5B99.jpeg

Since various people here posted about "Billy Nomates" as if it was common knowledge: This person, who I assume normally has a band, did a set with her singing to a backing track and people were mean to her online. Does she normally do this? If not, why was she doing it here?