Glastonbury

BigDoddyKane

On 28/06/2022 at 15:01, Ziggy said:

Not long back from Glastonbury, highlights for me were Idols and Jarv is. Biggest disappointment for me was Primal Scream (although I only stayed for 6 songs) and the Pet Shop Boys (although I did enjoy the technical problems at the start, I thought they were trying to be more like Daft Punk live)

Glastonbury has definitely got more middle class since I first went in 2004 however it’s still absolutely fucking nuts. 

ps. One of the best additions this year was a Co-op (I’m being serious). The prices were not far off what you would pay in a usual highstreet store so I spent a lot less on food.

whats it like nowadays in terms of organisation and getting about easily?

I was supposed to see them some amount of years ago and couldn't make it, next time I will be making every effort because that set was great.

Don't Delete the Kisses is a masterpiece.

Last Man on Earth is my personal favourite, but Don’t Delete The Kisses and that entire album is phenomenal. Probably one of the best British bands in 20 odd years.

• 11 months later...

Catching up on Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys this morning.  Bit bored by both, to be quite honest.   Sounds like the Arctic Monkeys stage was set up for TV.  Excellent sound quality.  Well done to the sound engineer.  

Texas and Chvrches were tremendous yesterday.

Watched Rick Astley's first (and probably last) Glastonbury appearance earlier. He was having a great time.

Got Carly Rae Jepsen to catch up on and will look out for Lizzo later on.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Catching up on Foo Fighters and Arctic Monkeys this morning.  Bit bored by both, to be quite honest.   Sounds like the Arctic Monkeys stage was set up for TV.  Excellent sound quality.  Well done to the sound engineer.  

Listen to few songs and didn't like either. Loved Young Fathers set while the few songs of Sparks was amazing.

Noticed Billy Nomates has told BBC to take her performance offline due to 6 Music Da's criticism of her performance without a band. Lot of artists sticking up for Billy Nomates.

Edited by betting competition

26 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Listen to few songs and didn't like either. Loved Young Fathers set while the few songs of Sparks was amazing.

Noticed Billy Nomates has told BBC to take her performance offline due to 6 Music Da's criticism of her performance without a band. Lot of artists sticking up for Billy Nomates.

Don’t know where I stand on this.  Billy Nomates is absolutely terrible, but she has every right to be terrible as much as the myriad terrible white indie bands.  

Sudan Archives is great - perhaps the only interesting thing on so far today - but her mic has been giving up the ghost for her entire set.  

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Yeah singing along to a backing track isn't exactly a Glastonbury first. Watched her set and quite enjoyed it, she certainly puts everything into the performance. 

Been reading on the BBC website about Lewis Capaldi’s struggles to even finish his set. In my book, Capaldi is one of those artists that isn’t my cup of tea, but I hear one or two of his songs and end up liking them. He also appears to be a genuine sort who can be extremely funny, but clearly has issues. Health issues and issues dealing with fame.

I wish the guy the best. Hope he gets himself sorted the best he can.

The sound mix is a bit ropey for most stuff I’ve seen on BBC. Loud shout vocals over far away, quiet music. Maybe the big stage and the way they film it doesn’t help. Young Fathers packed the stage across the way and it looked full of life. Looks great anyway. Curious to see what GnR deliver.