Glastonbury

BigDoddyKane

Holly Humberstone & Olivia Rodrigo were both fantastic. 

Really enjoyed Holly Humberstone’s set. Listened to some of her EP on the way to town last night.

34 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Diana Ross:  Looks like Macca not the only one having trouble hittin' the high notes....and she's only 78! (nipper). 

Chain Reaction: oooh.....thats painful.

I missed Chain Reaction but her voice, at 78, is significantly better than Macca's. Ross's band and backing singers are better too.

Unlike Macca, Ross is singing her greatest hits. He should have ditched the solo/Wings crap and played more Beatles favourites.

8 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

I've decided Laura Lee from Khruangbin is the coolest bass player oot.

She is. Interesting fact - she never wears the same outfit on stage more than once. She’s also supposedly never changed the strings on her cheapo SX bass.

24 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Wings are the band The Beatles could have been.

While 100% disagreeing with Alan Partridge on that one, some of the Wings songs were highlights of the set last night.

13 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

While 100% disagreeing with Alan Partridge on that one, some of the Wings songs were highlights of the set last night.

‘Band on the Run’ and ‘Live & Let Die’ are bona fide classics. I can understand Macca’s desire to play new songs, but even if he had ditched ‘Nineteen Hundred and Eight Five’ for ‘Jet’, it would have elevated the strength of his set by at least another 5%… IMHO naturally.

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

‘Band on the Run’ and ‘Live & Let Die’ are bona fide classics. I can understand Macca’s desire to play new songs, but even if he had ditched ‘Nineteen Hundred and Eight Five’ for ‘Jet’, it would have elevated the strength of his set by at least another 5%… IMHO naturally.

I can’t stick any of Wings other than 1985. Funny how these things go. 

Just now, Swami said:

I can’t stick any of Wings other than 1985. Funny how these things go. 

Absolutely. My favourite Beatles song ever is ‘She Said She Said’ from ‘Revolver. Hardly one of their best known tunes. In my favourite songs of all time would be ‘2 Become 1’ by the Spice Girls, and ‘Don’t Stop Moving’ by S Club 7. Seriously. Right beside ‘Comfortably Numb’ by Pink Floyd and ‘Los Endos’ by Genesis.

Funny old world right enough!

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Absolutely. My favourite Beatles song ever is ‘She Said She Said’ from ‘Revolver. Hardly one of their best known tunes. In my favourite songs of all time would be ‘2 Become 1’ by the Spice Girls, and ‘Don’t Stop Moving’ by S Club 7. Seriously. Right beside ‘Comfortably Numb’ by Pink Floyd and ‘Los Endos’ by Genesis.

Funny old world right enough!

You don't deserve ears.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

You don't deserve ears.

I know. Being completely honest though. There’s a few ‘weird ones’ in my all time favourite individual songs list. ‘One Night’ by Elvis Presley, ‘Rule The World’ by Take That. ‘Eagle’ by Abba…

Guilty pleasures? Don’t care, just love the songs I love.