Glastonbury

BigDoddyKane

3 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Crowd there says otherwise.  I think they are putting a great show as well. So there.

Totally.

Full of energy. Unlike Arctic Monkeys who completely drained it.

Axl is 61 and should probably keep in the lower octaves, but it is what it is at his age.

Don't think sound engineers are helping things tbh.

Reckless Life sounded pretty decent there though.

I'm loving it.

I’ve seen G’n’R at their peak. I’m still stunned some of them are still alive. Total excess.
Seen Duff’s Loaded at Garage and Velvet Revolver a few times.
I was at the concert when in Glasgow when VR imploded live on stage.

All clean living guys these days. Look what happened with Scott Weiland.

Would have liked to have seen Matt Sorum on drums or even Stephen Adler but that was never going to happen. Hey ho. Beats watching a guy wearing a bucket on his head.

I’m enjoying it but I had a good idea of the setlist. I’ve seen far worse performances at Glastonbury.

Axl’s mic certainly needed work by sound technicians from the very start. 

5 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

A fucking Stooges cover now. I rest my case.

You’ve obviously never heard some of the albums they have released down the years. What’s wrong with performing covers of artists you enjoy as musicians?

Just now, Musketeer Gripweed said:

What album is tv eye on?

I never said that particular tracks was on an album that they released. I just know that they like to perform other artists music at gigs. 

Live and Let die and Knockin on Heavens door are classic examples of where they took a classic track and brought a hard rock sound to it. 

You could always just turn it off if it makes you so unhappy. 😂 

I think I was 18 when I encountered Guns when I was working down south around ‘87.

I know they are knocking on a bit and it’s seen by some as a pantomime but I’m enjoying it. 

I’ve not watched TV aside from football in years so this is great. Rather this than fcuking X-Factor or similar shite. 

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I never said that particular tracks was on an album that they released. I just know that they like to perform other artists music at gigs. 

Live and Let die and Knockin on Heavens door are classic examples of where they took a classic track and brought a hard rock sound to it. 

You could always just turn it off if it makes you so unhappy. 😂 

Think you've maybe got the wrong end of the stick mate. I love The Stooges. I think Duff McKagan is the coolest dude alive and I'm going to see the band on Tuesday for the fourth time. You can maybe tell me more about them if you want to though.

2 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Think you've maybe got the wrong end of the stick mate. I love The Stooges. I think Duff McKagan is the coolest dude alive and I'm going to see the band on Tuesday for the fourth time. You can maybe tell me more about them if you want to though.

Aah yes. Sorry. I mistook your comment for someone else’s previous criticism. My apologies. 

Only 4? 😂 joking! 😝 

Duff really has turned his life around. I too think he’s a cool dude.