Glastonbury

BigDoddyKane

15 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

🤣🤣🤣

It unfortunately looks like the iPlayer coverage doesn't start til after Japanese Breakfast have been on, which is an absolute bummer.

Bummer. Perhaps open some Buckie and watch some YouTube! 

12 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The sound mix is a bit ropey for most stuff I’ve seen on BBC. Loud shout vocals over far away, quiet music. Maybe the big stage and the way they film it doesn’t help. Young Fathers packed the stage across the way and it looked full of life. Looks great anyway. Curious to see what GnR deliver. 

Yeah.  I think we all get that the vocal mix is set up with for tv or for the live audience, but there have been multiple bands on the main stage - not least Guns N Roses who can no doubt afford top of the range sound technicians - where you can barely hear the vocals.  Three songs in and all you can hear is the lead vocals now, and I think the backing vocal mic might have been turned off.  (edit: and now we can’t hear Axl again).

I didn’t know too much about Young Fathers, but despite there being about ten folk on stage and one of the singers clearly having a skinful of something or other, it sounded magnificent.  Best thing I’ve seen on the iPlayer by a mile, but there wasn’t much yesterday, to be fair.

Edited by Savage Henry

Gave up on watching GnR. Axl’s mic problems were just too much & didn’t appear to be getting fixed anytime soon. (Maybe it was happening to cover for his disconcerting pearly white teeth whistling?)😂🤣😂 

I wouldn’t say I’m much of a fan of them anyway &, ‘Appetite’ excepted, found the other stuff pretty much meh. So ended up revisiting the Smiths getting Rickrolled. In what must be the show stealer of the weekend! (Completely bonkers, but surprisingly brilliant!) Blossoms pretty much nailing it. Thought  they missed a trick, with Marr being on site & playing with the Pretenders later on, at another stage. Mind you he probably thought ‘this has to be some sort of a joke’ too!

Caught a bit of the Manics, who were ok, but nothing startling, with Faster seemingly turning into slower. 

Been pretty disappointing on the whole.

13 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Watching Billy Idol doing a karaoke session of Pistols songs is quite sad. I know the songs better than he does.

I remember when Billy Idol could actually sing, that was painful.

19 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

What has happened to the Arctic Monkeys. Fucking dreadful. Sound like a bad cabaret act

Alex met Josh Homme, no idea how that turned him into a boring, tedious, plodding twat, but here we are. Let's just be thankful for the first 2 Albums.

35 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Small mercies etc.

She’s absolutely exhausting.  But I see she turned up half an hour late for her set, meaning she couldn’t finish it and gave an excuse about getting her hair done, but still got fans to take her side in the “controversy”.   

She and Billy Nomates have managed to make the coverage all about them, so well played. 

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

She’s absolutely exhausting.  But I see she turned up half an hour late for her set, meaning she couldn’t finish it and gave an excuse about getting her hair done, but still got fans to take her side in the “controversy”.   

She and Billy Nomates have managed to make the coverage all about them, so well played. 

It's not as if she was the last act on and had literally the entire day to get ready.

Lana Del Ray was late for her set because she was getting her hair done? FFS. When I was at Knebworth in ‘79, Led Zeppelin were late on because before them, The New Barbarians reportedly refused to go on until their manager checked their appearance money was right - which was bags of actual cash that needed physically counted.

Them was the days. 😀

57 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I like Billy Nomates, cannot be f*ked with Betty Grant & her dreary pish but each to their own, wish I had 2% of either of their talent but here we are.

4 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I hadn’t realised they’d done it before. But still, it was tremendous.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/oct/10/rick-astley-blossoms-review-smiths-karaoke-albert-hall-manchester

Rick Astley is honestly hitting National Treasure levels, he gets it, but runs with it & produces great entertainment while everyone sings along.

I didn’t like Arctic’s monkeys set either tbh, I was wanting to post something on Twitter which sunmed them up perfectly but I can’t find it now. Basically the audience want some nostalgia when seeing them but the band have moved on and changed their style and sound as they’ve aged which doesn’t appeal to a good percentage of the audience who aren’t following them every step of the way. Alex turner was still acting like a pretentious wallopper who was murdering his own songs though. 

Texas looked good but I can’t stop thinking about her having a hairy bush based on a post I saw on here once.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I didn’t like Arctic’s monkeys set either tbh, I was wanting to post something on Twitter which sunmed them up perfectly but I can’t find it now. Basically the audience want some nostalgia when seeing them but the band have moved on and changed their style and sound as they’ve aged which doesn’t appeal to a good percentage of the audience who aren’t following them every step of the way. Alex turner was still acting like a pretentious wallopper who was murdering his own songs though. 

Texas looked good but I can’t stop thinking about her having a hairy bush based on a post I saw on here once.

You've not changed throbber.

53 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Lana Del Ray was late for her set because she was getting her hair done? FFS. When I was at Knebworth in ‘79, Led Zeppelin were late on because before them, The New Barbarians reportedly refused to go on until their manager checked their appearance money was right - which was bags of actual cash that needed physically counted.

Them was the days. 😀

Used notes in a brown paper bag is the only way to receive payment.