The Queen of the South thread

13 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I am not a Trust member but have often thought it would be a good idea to join and help out the Club even in my own small way.  I was of the belief that the Trust's aim was to help and promote the Club through fundraising events and any other practical ways it could. Going by recent posts it appears that this is not the case and I am a bit confused as to what the actual aims of the Trust are. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain the Trust's role in connection with the Club as I genuinely seem to have the wrong impression of the work it does and what it's aims are.

Hi, this was a list we produced a little while ago of the work the trust does....

http://queenstrust.org/?p=522

An updated version would include extra items such as hosting the quiz and author night at the club, purchase of hundreds of pounds of club shop vouchers for prizes for our raffle and sharing the matchday posters and guessing the score competitions on social media to promote games, main sponsorship of charity calendar of old queens photos. Designing and distributing the matchday posters to promote games (although costing nothing to the Trust does take many hours of volunteers time), also promoting queens and their news and events and history through our use of social media (again costing nothing just hours of volunteers time) Some recent posters from this season can be seen here...

http://queenstrust.org/?p=880

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yip.

Not much there about raising money to give to the club.  Rightly so.

Again I'm fully behind the theory of not just giving the club the money with nothing in exchange. 

My point is where the shares come from.

While those aims are undoubtedly worthwhile, there's no mention of buying 1000 shares through whatever means necessary. 

It does seem as though I've got the agenda of the trust wrong in my head.

I'm glad I brought the subject up on here. 

Hi Senior Coconut,

I am glad you brought it up as well. Happy to discuss any issues.

Sorry for misunderstanding the aim of 1000 shares was an aim of the committee to reach for our 10th anniversary so we are bit behind with that one. We also aimed for 180 members this year and have so far reached a fantastic 218. We also aimed to produce a matchday poster for every game this season and so far so good and we aimed to get our resolution onto the AGM to give the shareholders the chance to vote on the issue for the first ever time.

Ps don't worry we are also doing our best to make sure that we have some savings for the future.

1 hour ago, Senior_Coconut said:

Again I'm fully behind the theory of not just giving the club the money with nothing in exchange. 

My point is where the shares come from.

While those aims are undoubtedly worthwhile, there's no mention of buying 1000 shares through whatever means necessary. 

It does seem as though I've got the agenda of the trust wrong in my head.

I'm glad I brought the subject up on here. 

My understanding was that shares were being secured with the desire in mind, of it helping to achieve some representation.

Injecting funds never struck me as the object of the exercise at all.

13 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

We need pace up top if we play this 4-5-1 system.Somehow we have to try and get a pacy forward in before Tuesday.It will be a difficult as I suppose anyone good will have better options than us.

Hopefully Naysmith has the contacts in the game to get a pacy striker in on loan.

Who are you dropping to accommodate this pacy forward? Dobbie?

Naysmith has already dealt with the lack of pace by bringing in Thomas and Thomson. We also have Carmichael, and Hilson will be back in due course.

Looking at other areas, Mercer has infinitely more pace than Hamill.

Much as I like Danny - he is wasted wide left and when playing there he just gets pulled deeper and deeper.

He is a threat when he plays wide right but with Thomas favouring the right I think he is the man to make way.

Dobbie up on his own is a waste of his footballing ability - chasing aimless punts and lost causes not playing to strengths.

Are folk who want a new striker trolling? It's getting pretty ridiculous now. We have more than enough quality going forward. We are far weaker defensively than we are offensively. With views like this I'm glad the Directors are voting against having a fan on the board :lol: