The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, Besty said:

I wouldn't go as far as saying Joe was excellent ,he like Thomas started off brightly bu after half dozen games lost there spark.

Why, I don't know but they were no better than any one else in the team in the run up to the season end .

I've said this before but I don't think there is one player in the team who played to there capabilities since Naysmith came to the club.(excludes hit and dons first few games)

Even the players he brought in IE Rankin and Mercer managed to get dropped .

It's not often you would see the captain taken off and subsequently dropped without injury.

Joe was excellent for us. Don't know what games you watched but definitely didn't lose his spark after a dozen games. And to say they weren't better than any other player in the team is noncense. 

Are you trying to say Dobbie didn't play to his capabilities? If it wasn't for him we would have been in danger of getting relegated! 

23 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Joe was excellent for us. Don't know what games you watched but definitely didn't lose his spark after a dozen games. And to say they weren't better than any other player in the team is noncense. 

Are you trying to say Dobbie didn't play to his capabilities? If it wasn't for him we would have been in danger of getting relegated! 

Well in which case how were the team so bad.

I've seen Dobbie substituted at least a couple of times in the run in , the guys brilliant but human.

I don't think brownlie ,Marshall or Higgins played that well nor did care Carmichael.

Hilson was rushed back so didn't play to his capabilities.

That didn't leave that many to be honest.

I saw virtually all of the home games and half a dozen away games so Justin telling you what my opinion and thoughts are .

2 minutes ago, Besty said:

I've seen Dobbie substituted at least a couple of times in the run in , the guys brilliant but human.

I don't think brownlie ,Marshall or Higgins played that well nor did care Carmichael.

I saw virtually all of the home games and half a dozen away games so Justin telling you what my opinion and thoughts are .

Joe played well through the middle less effective when moved wide right. Needs to play thru the middle he made some great runs from deep to front got a great engine in him.

5 minutes ago, Besty said:

Joe was one of standout players, he played alot better than most of the team so I don't agree with you saying he didn't play any better than the rest of the team. 

There is a thread on the Mad site about Palmerston redevelopment and how many times before it has been discussed. I don't have an account there so taking the strange step of replying here. Take a walk with me down memory lane...

February 2017 - Pizza Hut

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/queen-mouth-doonhamers-food-outlet-9909037

December 2015 - £10 million fae the Crichton

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/queen-south-talks-10-million-6941547

July 2012 - a new main stand in 3-5 years

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-19011544

March 2010 - £17.4 million fae DGHP

http://www.queenofthesouth-mad.co.uk/feat/ed14/174m_palmerston_masterplan__more_news_510764/index.shtml

November 2009 - mibbes, if we're up there in Jan

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/davie-rae-faces-palmerston-park-poser-1-767787

And so it goes on.......

1 hour ago, Besty said:

I wouldn't go as far as saying Joe was excellent ,he like Thomas started off brightly bu after half dozen games lost there spark.

Why, I don't know but they were no better than any one else in the team in the run up to the season end .

I've said this before but I don't think there is one player in the team who played to there capabilities since Naysmith came to the club.(excludes hit and dons first few games)

It's not often you would see the captain taken off and subsequently dropped without injury.

That's quite accurate actually.

I think there is/was a major problem with the Manager's motivational - amongst others -  approach.

I wonder how long it will be before he delivers his first negative interview of the new campaign ?

2 hours ago, Besty said:

I'm struggling to think of many, if any, games that Rankin was dropped from the starting line-up. He was maybe hooked a couple of times during games. I tend to agree that, overall, these two players' performances have been underwhelming.

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

That's quite accurate actually.

I think there is/was a major problem with the Manager's motivational - amongst others -  approach.

I wonder how long it will be before he delivers his first negative interview of the new campaign ?

I think it is a problem that he doesn't seem to be able to motivate players especially when there heads have dropped.

He also played Danny on the left when hes better on the right ,and drops Hamil to sacrifice Jacob's from the midfield.

I mentioned earlier that to play Dobbie  A full game in a  friendly seemed Pointless when he'd already scored 2 and set up one when there's trialists  that need game time.

I honestly think the gaffer  really wanted to win that game after a poor result against cowdenbeath in order to keep the pressure off him.

When for me it's more  about finding the right slots for players,formation,system  and match fitness.

Time will tell if he's the right man or not 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm struggling to think of many, if any, games that Rankin was dropped from the starting line-up. He was maybe hooked a couple of times during games. I tend to agree that, overall, these two players' performances have been underwhelming.

Just had a look not sure when he am but he made 17 appearances for queens ,that doesn't seem a lot,

I'm sure he's missed a couple thru non selection 

32 minutes ago, Besty said:

Just had a look not sure when he am but he made 17 appearances for queens ,that doesn't seem a lot,

He made 35 Championship appearances for us and you lot last season...in a 36 game season I think that says a lot about him.

Well you're (unsurprisingly) completely wrong. He's started every one of his 17 games for us. The only match he never featured in was against United in the Challenge Cup as he was cup-tied.

He made 35 Championship appearances for us and you lot last season...in a 36 game season I think that says a lot about him.

Nah Rankin in that discussion not Thomson. But once he realises Rankin wasn't dropped at all but Thomson was a couple of times I'm sure he'll use your post as back up for him that he was indeed talking about Thomson and not Rankin :lol:

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah Rankin in that discussion not Thomson. But once he realises Rankin wasn't dropped at all but Thomson was a couple of times I'm sure he'll use your post as back up for him that he was indeed talking about Thomson and not Rankin :lol:

Whooops, that'll teach me to come in half way through a conversation :lol:

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

1 hour ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Proves ur not a queens fan,he only signed in January:lol:That's why it doesn't seem a lot

If you noticed there was a tryping error in my post It should have said not sure when he signed but it came up "not sure am" for some reason but you wouldn't have sussed that.

So there