The Queen of the South thread

11 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Come on now Darren, you were poor today. I expect better next Saturday (if you’re still here).

Awk that jokes already been used when I defended Leighfield. 

10 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

It was Brownlie's worst performance in a Queens shirt in a long time, I am sure he didn't go out to play as bad and he would have been gutted shame it effected Queens and as much his next club Partick as they now sit bottom. 

Taken from other social media site if true its a shame he leaves after such a poor game by his standards. 

_20200125_232659.JPG.cef29edf35ec6106c57a6ab5dea8b60d.JPG

I think I seen that but didn't the person who wrote it also say he heard from a reliable source that Brownlie was away to Alloa and then went on to say he must have missed the news about him signing a pre-contract with Partick when someone corrected him? 

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Unless Kilday is out for the season (too much to expect us to be informed why he didn't feature yesterday of course) I'll be absolutely fucking livid if we waste another valuable wage on a CB. Even if Brownlie goes we'd have Kilday, Devine and Semple. We've only had 3 CB all season so I don't see why we'd need 4 at this stage, especially given it's attacking options we need. Berra ffs.

Certainly agree with you. Manager says the defending was crap but does not explain why he picked it. Nothing about those left out. Even why Hamilton did not start but altered the game when introduced.  The lack of information out of the training centre at Hamilton is astonishing

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Unless Kilday is out for the season (too much to expect us to be informed why he didn't feature yesterday of course) I'll be absolutely fucking livid if we waste another valuable wage on a CB. Even if Brownlie goes we'd have Kilday, Devine and Semple. We've only had 3 CB all season so I don't see why we'd need 4 at this stage, especially given it's attacking options we need. Berra ffs.

Kilday had a knee knock 

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
26 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:
Unless AJ wants to go 3-5-2, in which case have 4 CBs seems sensible to me.

That's fair enough but if he wanted to go 352 surely yesterday was the ideal game to try it out? I know someone said Semple limped in but if he was injured he surely wouldn't have been out at HT.

He was on the bench so was certainly fit

10 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

That’s not the case with every player that signs a pre contract, behave. 

Totally correct , Ross Docherty here at Ayr has signed a pre contract with Thistle , and has been playing exceptionally well since signing , true professionals will not drop their standards 

27 minutes ago, eibbod nehpets said:

Awk that jokes already been used when I defended Leighfield. 

I think I seen that but didn't the person who wrote it also say he heard from a reliable source that Brownlie was away to Alloa and then went on to say he must have missed the news about him signing a pre-contract with Partick when someone corrected him? 

No it was someone different. 

8 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

AB1B18D0-BA6C-49FC-A444-4DD77D890937.jpeg

Why the hell are we trying to sign another defender  does AJ not see we have many other problems in midfield .

We have no chance of signing Berra but AJ really does not have a clue on what we need 

Why not try and sign Tidser  someone who can actually pass a ball and get a left winger in Rangers are trying to loan Glen Middleton why not try for him Rangers would cover most of his wages 

22 minutes ago, baw heid said:

Certainly agree with you. Manager says the defending was crap but does not explain why he picked it. Nothing about those left out. Even why Hamilton did not start but altered the game when introduced.  The lack of information out of the training centre at Hamilton is astonishing

Rumour has it Dobbie suggested a extra day a week of training. The players turned round and said you can if you want to.. 

Semple was 100% fit yesterday. There was no limping no nothing. He did the pre match warm up just fine and the half time kick about fine.

AJ decided to play a CB who is leaving next week and an 18 yr old who has been at the club 2 days in front of Semple. Semple has played 40 games for the club and you could genuinely count the number of poor games he has had on one hand. 

That alone is a very poor management decision. Along with not starting Hamilton, the managers selection was shocking.

Dobbie thrives off a big lad next to him through the middle. Now he is shipped off wide or up top on his own.

17 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Semple was 100% fit yesterday. There was no limping no nothing. He did the pre match warm up just fine and the half time kick about fine.

AJ decided to play a CB who is leaving next week and an 18 yr old who has been at the club 2 days in front of Semple. Semple has played 40 games for the club and you could genuinely count the number of poor games he has had on one hand. 

That alone is a very poor management decision. Along with not starting Hamilton, the managers selection was shocking.

Dobbie thrives off a big lad next to him through the middle. Now he is shipped off wide or up top on his own.

Yes and it is equally baffling why Brownlie was allowed to play the full match. I would have hooked him after his “assist” for the first goal but, failing that, he did nothing to redeem himself and had a shocker all round.  Add to that Semple needs some game time to get him back up to speed, so would have made sense to bring him on.

29 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Maybe Brownlie wouldn't have played had Kilday been fit, and AJ didn't want to play 2 young lads together at CB. Yes it backfired, but we will never know the answer to that, wish the aftermath interview would ask these type of questions regarding team selection & signing targets if any. 

Not a lot of facts going about, just a lot of rumours and what ifs. We were absolutely gutter and once again failed to beat part time Alloa due to silly mistakes. I agree the team line up was wrong and only a couple of players got pass marks for me yesterday. We haven’t played a competitive game in a few weeks and it showed. Transfer business is far from done and hopefully we’ll all be pleasantly surprised next week. 

10 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Maybe Brownlie wouldn't have played had Kilday been fit, and AJ didn't want to play 2 young lads together at CB. Yes it backfired, but we will never know the answer to that, wish the aftermath interview would ask these type of questions regarding team selection & signing targets if any. 

I can honestly say Kilday would have played with Brownlie.

And to be fare why wouldn’t they. 

It baffles me why the manager would play an 18 year old in front of a new keeper both being at the club a couple of days. In such an important game. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

We're not going to see searching questions in in-house interviews.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We're not going to see searching questions in in-house interviews.

Only want to hear an interview similar to Grant at the end of the highlights on the Alloa site. Unfortunately if you watch it you need to also watch the goals again.  

35 minutes ago, baw heid said:

Only want to hear an interview similar to Grant at the end of the highlights on the Alloa site. Unfortunately if you watch it you need to also watch the goals again.  

Just did.

It didn't look to me as if Paxman conducted that one either.