The Queen of the South thread

Have any Doonhamers fans heard rumours of Dobbie joining us on loan for rest of season? Has he been playing much? Is Fitzpatrick playing much

Thanks

well done on an incredible turn around I thought you guys looked to be finishing 9th at December, an incredible fight back to be right in the playoffs for promotion 

24 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Have any Doonhamers fans heard rumours of Dobbie joining us on loan for rest of season? Has he been playing much? Is Fitzpatrick playing much

Thanks

well done on an incredible turn around I thought you guys looked to be finishing 9th at December, an incredible fight back to be right in the playoffs for promotion 

Guess Fitzpatrick will be back playing now that Jones is out injured.. 

Thanks
Only from some Thistle fan on PnB.

He isn't featuring much certainly and surely can't be happy with that given his travelling. McCall is the manager who kick-started his career and he stays in Glasgow a lot of the time so it wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen.

Having said that I wouldn't be impressed if we let a quality player go out on loan right now. We're certainly not out of the relegation woods yet.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He isn't featuring much certainly and surely can't be happy with that given his travelling. McCall is the manager who kick-started his career and he stays in Glasgow a lot of the time so it wouldn't be the strangest thing to happen.

Having said that I wouldn't be impressed if we let a quality player go out on loan right now. We're certainly not out of the relegation woods yet.

No chance of it happening Dobbie still has a lot to offer us .

With Jones out what a major blow that is could be the difference of getting in the playoffs or not  I would play Dapo out wide go with Dobbie and Shields go 4-4-2 .

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

This.
And are we not supposed to be trying to get into the Premiership play-offs? Or would we be so confident in our ability and future injury situation that we could afford to weaken the squad for both the run-in and the play-offs?
I totally get that finishing in the top 4 is highly unlikely. And that it is more important to secure our place in the Championship. But I don’t think you improve your chances of either by reducing the number of strikers you have available. Especially when we are talking about the best player any of us have ever seen playing for Queens.

A massive massive long shot but if Morton lose their next 3 and we win our next 2 (including vs Morton obviously) it would put us 14 points clear of 9th with 18 pts available. Point being the hearing date is actually not too bad for us and we could almost be out of the woods before Dapo's ban comes in.

Guest Flash

Bit of a scunner that it is likely the two loan players who appeared to make a real difference will both be out for the run-in.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Presuming it's 7 games, and we don't get passed Hibs in the cup, he would still be available for the playoffs should we make them. However, missing both him and Jones is a big blow.

Massive blow missing both players Dapo it was only a matter of time before his ban at least we have him for our next 2 games will be surprised if we see Jones play again.

Have we used all our loans no way we could get a replacement for Jones or Dapo

In other news Gary Naysmith is the new manager of Edinburgh City signed a 3 year deal good luck to him .

Edited by Northfield 53

3 hours ago, Flash said:

Bit of a scunner that it is likely the two loan players who appeared to make a real difference will both be out for the run-in.

Aye, some crap luck. We don't do things the easy way do we? If they had both stayed available I reckon we would have given Dundee a battle for fourth. 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, qos1990 said:

A massive massive long shot but if Morton lose their next 3 and we win our next 2 (including vs Morton obviously) it would put us 14 points clear of 9th with 18 pts available. Point being the hearing date is actually not too bad for us and we could almost be out of the woods before Dapo's ban comes in.

Have you a plan B after Morton winning tonight at Inverness the league is very tight everyone seems to be picking up points Queens nowhere near safe  my worry is we will be without Jones and Dapo for the run in 2 key players especially Jones he will be a massive loss

Have you a plan B after Morton winning tonight at Inverness the league is very tight everyone seems to be picking up points Queens nowhere near safe  my worry is we will be without Jones and Dapo for the run in 2 key players especially Jones he will be a massive loss

Dapo has went from being a sub to a key player. I like the boy but he’s nowhere near a key player. Jones is a different kettle of fish though, big one to lose but we’ve Fitzpatrick there who has plenty in his locker when he wants to show it. Now is the time. Dobbs also looked sharper Saturday which was encouraging. Then we’ve still McKee, Nortey and hopefully Pybus at some point.

To even be in contention for play offs is remarkable giving our start. And results keep going okay for us. We just need to keep plodding along and see where it takes us.