The Queen of the South thread

38 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Wasn't in David Matheson in dugout when Gibson and Dobbie were co-managers due to covid, not the same i know.

But it is a good point you raise.

Matheson was alongside Dobbie and Gibson at Somerset at that time.

Noticed that Sir Stephen hasn't played for Fylde since 6th November. I wonder if Queens will approach him even though he's coaching there.

5 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Noticed that Sir Stephen hasn't played for Fylde since 6th November. I wonder if Queens will approach him even though he's coaching there.

Interesting thought.  Not sure Dobbie's the management type though, suspect he might just be "too nice" if you know what I mean, "one of the lads" etc etc.  Plus, he's been such a legend I'd really hate to see him fail and tarnish the legend.

34 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Willie Gibson must be a shout short term for the job? Experienced and would command the respect of the players.

Why do you think he will command resect from his team mates .

Very difficult to be a player manager.

Experienced player but has never even  been   a coach at this level a bit different from the under 18s.

Hopefully we don't take long to appoint a new manager 

Gibson-Dobbie dream team?

Gibson would be an entertaining punt: he might get an immediate response... or, if he doesn't, implode altogether. 

Anyway, you have the full backing of the lower Clyde in your quest to catch Ayr or Dunfermline; or, failing that, shoeing Falkirk all over the shop next season.

Win-win.

It is never nice to see anyone lose their job, however it was blindingly obvious to just about everyone that it simply wasn't working.  Finally our board have acted.  A step that should have been taken months ago.  In leaving it this late we have left ourselves with a mountain of Everest proportions to climb.  

Thoughts must now turn to the long term replacement.  I am sure there will be no shortage of applicants, and various names will undoubtedly be mentioned in the coming days.  This season is a write off, get a new man appointed  and allow him the rest of the season to identify what needs done. 

It is, sadly, too late. Feels like we need snookers at this stage.

It is never nice to see anyone lose their job, however it was blindingly obvious to just about everyone that it simply wasn't working.  Finally our board have acted.  A step that should have been taken months ago.  In leaving it this late we have left ourselves with a mountain of Everest proportions to climb.  
Thoughts must now turn to the long term replacement.  I am sure there will be no shortage of applicants, and various names will undoubtedly be mentioned in the coming days.  This season is a write off, get a new man appointed  and allow him the rest of the season to identify what needs done.