The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Dudleyghu said:

“bottom half of league 2 budget” was quoted. 

18 month contract verbally agreed but hadn’t signed because of state of budget for this month and summer. 

"So we're agreed Mr X, you'll take the job on an 18 month deal?" 

"Absolutely. Everything sounds good. Oh I suppose one tiny detail we've failed to discuss this whole time. What's my budget?". 

"Bugger. We were hoping you knew little about football and wouldn't ask. Well it was one of the best in League 1 this season so naturally next year's budget is to be one of the lowest in League 2". 

"I'll get back to you". 

Don't talk shite. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

"So we're agreed Mr X, you'll take the job on an 18 month deal?" 

"Absolutely. Everything sounds good. Oh I suppose one tiny detail we've failed to discuss this whole time. What's my budget?". 

"Bugger. We were hoping you knew little about football and wouldn't ask. Well it was one of the best in League 1 this season so naturally next year's budget is to be one of the lowest in League 2". 

"I'll get back to you". 

Don't talk shite. 

As simple as that eh? You really know your stuff pal. Obviously the budget was already spoken about in detail but something changed between the agreement and Sunday morning when they were going to sign and make the announcement. so obviously the board had to let said manager know that something had changed within the budget. Said manager wasn’t happy with the numbers and compared it to a club in lower half of league 2. 

3 hours ago, temps15 said:

Surely this mythical manager would have talked budgets and money etc before verbally agreeing to a job 

so I also call BS 

They did but between the verbal agreement and Sunday morning there was a change in the budget

3 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

What a load of shite. Everyone in football knows our budget is really low.

Yep and it goes even worse 

6 minutes ago, Dudleyghu said:

As simple as that eh? You really know your stuff pal. Obviously the budget was already spoken about in detail but something changed between the agreement and Sunday morning when they were going to sign and make the announcement. so obviously the board had to let said manager know that something had changed within the budget. Said manager wasn’t happy with the numbers and compared it to a club in lower half of league 2. 

What changed?

11 minutes ago, Dudleyghu said:

They did but between the verbal agreement and Sunday morning there was a change in the budget

Yep and it goes even worse 

Okay I’ll play along, who’s the manager that pulled out?

28 minutes ago, Dudleyghu said:

Whatever you say, buddy. 

19 minutes ago, Dudleyghu said:

I have posted some rubbish many times but even me could not get close to this .

We have a lower half Championship budget that is why the likes of Riley and  Wilson turned down deals at Morton to sign for us