The Queen of the South thread

Just now, qos1990 said:

Would imagine Grant Murray will carry on, having worked with him at Hibs it would make sense

Marv said Murray is taking the team against Kelty with him in the stands so you'd presume so yeah

I think all things considered this is a good appointment. For a start, he's not called Grant Murray so he's already off to a flyer. Obviously there's the questions surrounding his experience, but Livingston are well coached and Dougie Imrie recently left them to be a success at Morton, so there's no reason he couldn't do the same.

3 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Marv said Murray is taking the team against Kelty with him in the stands so you'd presume so yeah

Ah well that's confirmed I won't be in attendance on Tuesday. The only way I was going was if a new man was in charge. 

Very happy with that. Respected and successful at Livingston and personally thought he'd end up at a bigger club. Not much of a gamble for him as we've been doing terrible for years, so it won't be laid at his door if he's not successful. Will probably think there's a good chance to get his management career off to a quick start here: good training facilities, decent crowds, money in the bank, full time in League One. He only has to get us back up close to par and it'll look like a miracle turnaround.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ah well that's confirmed I won't be in attendance on Tuesday. The only way I was going was if a new man was in charge. 

I pretty much said the same on leaving Palmerston today.

I can maybe count the fact he's been appointed though.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Aye the Mrs is saying a lot of Livi fans are pretty gutted with the news. Surely a good sign. 

If nothing else he'll probably sort you out defensively, he's been our defence coach for a good while and we've got one of the better records in the Premiership

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Aye the Mrs is saying a lot of Livi fans are pretty gutted with the news. Surely a good sign. 

He's always come across well on TV and Radio and seems well thought of.

Obviously, that proves absolutely nothing, but there's reason to be hopeful.

Just now, ATLIS said:

If nothing else he'll probably sort you out defensively, he's been our defence coach for a good while and we've got one of the better records in the Premiership

You've no idea how good that sounds.

I think he'll need to make some personnel changes though.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

If he can do that he deserves manager of the season tbh. 

Bartley will likely get first pick on loan players from Livi. Obviously, that's always very hit and miss but Nouble at Arbroath last season was a huge success.

24 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Bartley will likely get first pick on loan players from Livi. Obviously, that's always very hit and miss but Nouble at Arbroath last season was a huge success.

Ismael Goncalves come on down :D 

Obviously be concerns about his experience but reckon that could be a good appointment for you guys. He talks and comes across really well when I’ve seen him as a pundit and seems to have bided his time as a coach. 

Certainly got to be a lot more appealing than the dinosaurs that get mentioned with every vacancy a la Yogi etc. 

Bit of a left field appointment from Queens. I like Marvin Bartley as a person, he comes across really well in his interviews and seems a really nice guy.

I do like when younger managers get given an opportunity. I'm scunnered with the same names getting linked to jobs (Yogi, Gus McPherson, Jim Duffy etc). 

He's got a pretty decent CV had no idea he worked with Howe and Dyche. Interesting to see how it all pans out hope he does well (except against Airdrie ofcourse). 

Marvin will need a whole new defence and goalkeeper for starters. He needs a hard ass midfielder who is not scared to put a challenge in. Remove Todd as captain as he motivates and drives no one. Bange back to Blackpool and loan all the young players out get in 4 signings with experience not young loan players