The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm glad we've made a proper change.  

It's a sort of gamble given that he lacks experience, but it's not much of one given where we are currently.

Good luck to him.

Better to hire a potential failure than a proven one.

Hes been talked up for ages as one who'd be a success so interested to see how he gets on. 

It's a good time for Bartley to come in. The damage has already been done this season so it's not his fault. If he can bring some organisation and stability to this lot and get them into a 4th playoff spot then that's a decent result. His big test comes in the summer when he gets to recruit his own squad.

It's a risk yes, but it's a refreshing appointment. 👍

33 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Marvin will need a whole new defence and goalkeeper for starters. He needs a hard ass midfielder who is not scared to put a challenge in. Remove Todd as captain as he motivates and drives no one. Bange back to Blackpool and loan all the young players out get in 4 signings with experience not young loan players 

Or we could go wild and actually give some of the youngsters a chance. Muir featured once and looked ok yet we've stuck with McKenna who's looked mediocre at best. Gibson was eventually given a chance and has become a regular. Hopefully Bartley can get a couple of decent players in and the youngsters can compliment them. 

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

D347EBD8-743F-40E5-9805-178FB9AF071D.jpeg

This will be interesting, obviously no experience in the hot seat.

However I would have been very disappointed if Dunfermline had appointed someone like him as the manager. 

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

This will be interesting, obviously no experience in the hot seat.

However I would have been very disappointed if Dunfermline had appointed someone like him as the manager. 

McPake is pish as well, you surely weren't happy when he was originally appointed?

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Or we could go wild and actually give some of the youngsters a chance. Muir featured once and looked ok yet we've stuck with McKenna who's looked mediocre at best. Gibson was eventually given a chance and has become a regular. Hopefully Bartley can get a couple of decent players in and the youngsters can compliment them. 

Agree re Muir. My opinion is just he will not go with the youngsters instead bring in some experience and hopefully install confidence into the rest of the squad. I still cannot believe that WG thought the guys he assembled for that defence would cut it in league one. No character no strength no determination. Did not expect P McKay to come out for second half as he is so soft.

That's all we've had the last few seasons is youngsters complemented by some experience. It badly needs to be the other way about. 

Bring in experience and try and get the levels of fitness way up and start looking like a full time team with some ambition dominating teams, getting forward in numbers. 

The way we sat back in the second half today was shocking. We didn't look like a team who was wanting to win that game. 

Edited by Kunter

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ryan Muir & Ross Irving were both part of Livingston B squad Bartley was in charge of 3 years ago.

Well I voted for him as next manager -so that means f..ck all I know, but  hope it goes well for him which means Queens will improve. 

Then I can go to the pub and celebrate - for a change. Walked to the pub at 1-0; No surprise it was 1-1 just after and then I hoped ( but knew really) that there was going to be a winner and it wasn't us.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the season ... unlike the defence who seem to have their legs crossed.