The Queen of the South thread

Training should be high intensity like playing a game every day. 

Players will get injured as they do at every club.

It is just unlucky look at Harry Cochrane he picked up his dinner plate and somehow  hurt his back.

On injuries every player was mentioned except Jack Brydon is his injury long term last I heard he was going for a scan to see if he had a broken ankle .

6 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Training should be high intensity like playing a game every day. 

Players will get injured as they do at every club.

It is just unlucky look at Harry Cochrane he picked up his dinner plate and somehow  hurt his back.

On injuries every player was mentioned except Jack Brydon is his injury long term last I heard he was going for a scan to see if he had a broken ankle .

Spoke to Jack Brydon yesterday ligament damage out till Jan, at earliest. 👎

48 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Evening all

James Fowler is apparently in the running for clyde gig

If he is successful. What we getting lads/lassies

Regards

SSB

In hindsight he probably didnt get the credit he deserved for his spell with us. I can't mind much of his style but he did well and I'd probably have given him another shot before we appointed Bartley. Interesting job for him to take but I suppose he has more to gain than lose. I'd certainly be wanting him over the overhyped chicken man. 

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Evening all

James Fowler is apparently in the running for clyde gig

If he is successful. What we getting lads/lassies

Regards

SSB

Fowler did well for us in a season when the Championship was probably the strongest it's every and probably will ever be. Under him we more than held our own against Hearts, The Rangers and Hibs. 

He took over a very strong settled squad and we played 4-4-2 to great effect.

I for one would take him back.

15 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

That is bad news thought at Annan with the pain he was in that it would be a long term injury hopefully at some point Marvin will update us on his progress.

We have really been unlucky with injuries this season to key players hopefully our luck will change soon. 

17 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Real bad news but kind of what I expected. I hope we are trying to get Efe tied up until the end of the season.

17 hours ago, bod said:

Fowler did well for us in a season when the Championship was probably the strongest it's every and probably will ever be. Under him we more than held our own against Hearts, The Rangers and Hibs. 

He took over a very strong settled squad and we played 4-4-2 to great effect.

I for one would take him back.

I'm pretty sure Queens were 6th in the championship and above St Mirren at the point he was sacked!

Hearts fans have been giving Zander Clark absolute pelters this weekend with some even calling for Harry Stone to be recalled and pitched into the first team until Gordon is fit.  I wonder if Hearts would consider a swap?  🤣

Just now, Slipmat said:

Hearts fans have been giving Zander Clark absolute pelters this weekend with some even calling for Harry Stone to be recalled and pitched into the first team until Gordon is fit.  I wonder if Hearts would consider a swap?  🤣

I wonder if Hearts fans have seen much of Stone?

6 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I was impressed with Stones in the couple of games he played for us.

1 minute ago, bod said:

I was impressed with Stones in the couple of games he played for us.

Aye, I don't think he was dropped because of performance, I don't think he dropped any clangers really, maybe Marv just wanted his planned No 1 Botterill back in rather than a loanee. Botterill only lost his place because of suspension tbf. 

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye, I don't think he was dropped because of performance, I don't think he dropped any clangers really, maybe Marv just wanted his planned No 1 Botterill back in rather than a loanee. Botterill only lost his place because of suspension tbf. 

Heard a rumour a while back that Stone may have lost his place due to his temperament.  No idea if there's any truth in that.