The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's where I used to sit and have moved. Pathetic area of the ground tbh. Even the rare time we scored they wouldn't even bother to get out their seats to celebrate. 

1 hour ago, overthetop said:

Indeed probably that’s why the the St.Johns Ambulance folk sit there as well in case they have to check some of them are still breathing!

I don't regard myself as an oversensitive person and don't mind a bit of humour but I think these comments are disrespectful to say the least.  To label people who may have health conditions as ' pathetic ' is unacceptable.  Would you rather  someone had a Heart Attack - just to demonstrate some passion to you ?

There is nothing worse than seeing that a game and the sadness it brings.

I am not able to go as often as I used to - certainly not in the colder winter weather - but when I do I have to behave differently than I used to between 1968 and 2013.  It was an automatic reaction to jump out of one's seat when we scored but I have to stop myself doing that now.  I do manage a light handclap but not for too long !

I think you were trying to indicate that the football is for everyone including youngsters but in doing so have turned it on its head to marginalise the ' old and infirm' .

I have always said and believed that the Terracing is the best and proper place for singing and creating an atmosphere.

What are we expecting in the post-match interview?

In truth, I feel for him a bit where this is concerned.  What the Hell do you say?  He's obviously on a hiding to nothing. 

However, I predict that he'll audaciously claim a certain vindication, given that we went long a fair bit today, and were still hopeless. 

Nobody was suggesting we should go aimlessly long of course, but given that there's been lots of criticism of the purposeless passing, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 'told you so' element.  Perhaps not, we'll see.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

In truth, I feel for him a bit where this is concerned.  What the Hell do you say?  He's obviously on a hiding to nothing. 

However, I predict that he'll audaciously claim a certain vindication, given that we went long a fair bit today, and were still hopeless. 

Nobody was suggesting we should go aimlessly long of course, but given that there's been lots of criticism of the purposeless passing, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 'told you so' element.  Perhaps not, we'll see.

I'm rather hoping there'll be no interview because he's gone. 

11 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

I don't regard myself as an oversensitive person and don't mind a bit of humour but I think these comments are disrespectful to say the least.  To label people who may have health conditions as ' pathetic ' is unacceptable.  Would you rather  someone had a Heart Attack - just to demonstrate some passion to you ?

I am not able to go as often as I used to - certainly not in the colder winter weather - but when I do I have to behave differently than I used to between 1968 and 2013.  It was an automatic reaction to jump out of one's seat when we scored but I have to stop myself doing that now.  I do manage a light handclap but not for too long !

I think you were trying to indicate that the football is for everyone including youngsters but in doing so have turned it on its head to marginalise the ' old and infirm' .

I have always said and believed that the Terracing is the best and proper place for singing and creating an atmosphere.

Apologies if you’ve misunderstood me. On reflection my joke was in bad taste. I was definitely not making any comment on anyone with health conditions. I was very angry and upset at how the kids were treated. Football is for everyone of all ages and stages in their life. In fact I’m disabled myself and require a wheelchair at times and have been for many years and can’t attend every game especially in winter. So I emphasise. 

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It'll be a painful watch. 

I feel for him too, he seems like a nice guy  but it is his managerial decision making that seems to be seriously wanting. 

I'd suggest he has two options, either to take full responsibility, hold his hands up and admit to a lengthy run of mistakes starting with recruitment, or he could throw the players under the bus with his usual talk of individual errors and failure to follow instructions.  The latter approach could see him lose the dressing room completely (assuming he is still in charge) and doesn't exonerate himself as he signed most of them.  For the past few weeks he's tried a mixture of both excuses but I'm not sure if that patter will wear with fans again.

For all I am angry at the guy, it's not a nice situation for him to be in.  It could be that having worked towards becoming a manager for 10+ years he has ended his chosen career path in less than a year.

1 hour ago, bod said:

Do you seriously think they are encouraged to knock lumps out of each other in training? 

Obviously never been anywhere near a training ground.

It came from a player but you're the expert on all things QoS so I'll bow to you knowing better than him. 

24 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Wow. That's some reach to be offended. If you regard 30/40 year olds as "old and infirm" then you batter on but that's not old IMO. It's pathetic that youngsters are being moved on because they're trying to generate a bit of noise at a FOOTBALL MATCH. If you think that isn't quite pathetic then I don't think a football ground is a place for you. 

2 minutes ago, overthetop said:

Apologies if you’ve misunderstood me. On reflection my joke was in bad taste. I was definitely not making any comment on anyone with health conditions. I was very angry and upset at how the kids were treated. Football is for everyone of all ages and stages in their life. In fact I’m disabled myself and require a wheelchair at times and have been for many years and can’t attend every game especially in winter. So I emphasise. 

Neither of us were making a comment on folks health conditions. The post has found an issue with something that's not even there. Bizarre reaction IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I'd suggest he has two options, either to take full responsibility, hold his hands up and admit to a lengthy run of mistakes starting with recruitment, or he could throw the players under the bus with his usual talk of individual errors and failure to follow instructions.  The latter approach could see him lose the dressing room completely

The trouble with that is that if he does the first one, with a focus on his terrible recruitment record, that also amounts to throwing players under the bus, because it's saying they're not good enough.  The dressing room still winds up getting lost.

The poor sod can't really say anything that'll help.

Don't recall suggesting that. If he'd been able to build some success at Queens then yes, sometime further down the line he might have been considered given his connections with them.

Anyhow, much more important things to discuss here tonight as the club's now in deep trouble.

25 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Not getting into any age thing  but today the young boys were trying to lift the players doing no harm.

It is great to see young fans the group started at over 100 but now down to about a dozen who we are doing  good job of driving away .

I only wish that was our only problem 

Just now, MazzyStar said:

Get him out. Nine defeats out of fourteen is unacceptable in any league. 

I agree. Rookie manager or not, it’s dire. And to think I had a modicum of optimism at the end of August regarding this season, that’s disappeared entirely in line with any ambitions of play offs. 

13 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

What a p***k of a guy. Honestly, what is he hoping to achieve by posting this? Certainly won’t help the situation with his son.

IMG_8548.png

I'm not defending Bartley by any manner of means, but

Gibson:

Managerial record by team and tenure
Team Nat From To Record Ref.
G W D L Win %
Queen of the South Scotland 13 February 2022 21 December 2022 41 15 8 18 36.59
Career Total 41 15 8 18 36.59

Bartley:

Managerial record[edit]

As of 11 November 2023
Team From To Record