The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, bod said:

Have we not got our full quota of loanees? Maybe McIntyre or someone is going.  back

Loan quotas are domestic loans only. Cross border loans are treated like permanent transfers as the registration moves from one FA to another. 

15 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Loan quotas are domestic loans only. Cross border loans are treated like permanent transfers as the registration moves from one FA to another. 

Are you sure? Just don't understand why they'd have the term 'clubs and scottish football clubs' if that was the case.

IMG_8391.jpeg

11 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Good player but not a position that needs strengthening. Crying out for a creative central midfielder! 

This. A good player absolutely, but is it an area we need covered? No. Unless the idea is we are seeing if it can progress into a loan next season then I'm pretty baffled by this one tbh. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Didn't see this coming, I thought Kilsby would be sent back on loan but somewhere different for a new challenge. National League with Gateshead for example.

I'm sure Carlisle played him as a centre back at youth level and it was Annan who converted him to a full back. I wouldn't be surprised to see him used as the left sided centre half in a back 3 with Church or McIntyre in the wing back position.

Just now, DG.Roma said:

Didn't see this coming, I thought Kilsby would be sent back on loan but somewhere different for a new challenge. National League with Gateshead for example.

I'm sure Carlisle played him as a centre back at youth level and it was Annan who converted him to a full back. I wouldn't be surprised to see him used as the left sided centre half in a back 3 with Church or McIntyre in the wing back position.

Even that makes no sense tbh. As much as McClelland is a loose cannon, him, Ambrose and Brydon are a very good back 3 for this level. 

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Even that makes no sense tbh. As much as McClelland is a loose cannon, him, Ambrose and Brydon are a very good back 3 for this level. 

True, but when your back 3 consists of a card addict, a 35 year old, and a guy unlucky with injuries, it makes sense to have a backup, especially one who can be used elsewhere when not needed in the back 3.

Kilsby is a great signing IMO. Does it mean Church is out long term though? 

I'm sure he can play at CB too.  

A little bit concerned that with the current system he would take Gibson’s place (hopefully he’ll switch with Logan instead). 

Bye bye Toby Raggett. Had to double check he was called Toby and not Tony! Very strange signing tbh. One for the boys maybe? 

Room for one more maybe? 

9 minutes ago, 84yards said:

Kilsby is a great signing IMO. Does it mean Church is out long term though? 

I'm sure he can play at CB too.  

A little bit concerned that with the current system he would take Gibson’s place (hopefully he’ll switch with Logan instead). 

Bye bye Toby Raggett. Had to double check he was called Toby and not Tony! Very strange signing tbh. One for the boys maybe? 

Room for one more maybe? 

Desperately need another centre midfielder in my opinion, shocked that wasn’t the priority for this window.

1 hour ago, bod said:

How many left backs do we need? Baffling. 

So much for the Eddie Howe connection,  3 windows and nobody. 

A see Annan have got a Newcastle forward on loan, surely Howie has a young midfielder with potential he could send our way....

13 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

A see Annan have got a Newcastle forward on loan, surely Howie has a young midfielder with potential he could send our way....

When does the loan market end, is it not end of February?

1 hour ago, bod said:

How many left backs do we need? Baffling.

According to the BBC, Motherwell have signed 7 full backs this season ... maybe Marvin's trying to out do Kettlewell? 🙄

Max Kilsby is a really good signing for QOTS always impressed me when I've seem him at Annan. Seeing we are letting Joe McGlynn out on loan that would have been a far better option for you lot than Mumbongo.

Happy as I am with the signing of Kilsby (a good one IMO), you really do have to wonder the thinking behind Bartley's recruitment strategy.  With the welcome addition of Finlay Kennedy and Niall Rogerson to the first team squad I make it that we now have twelve defenders in the group.  That's a ridiculous number for any club at this level.  In fact we now must have perhaps the biggest squad we have ever had in the history of the club, certainly since the McCall days, and yet we are still lacking in options in midfield and up top.

The dial on the Bartley Bullshit Detector has also zoomed back into the red zone too, since one of his first utterings after being appointed to the job was that he felt he had inherited a squad that was too big.  Well, he now seems to have assembled one which is approximately 5 players up on the one Gibson left him with.  I think I'm going to stop listening to him for the sake of my own sanity.